News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Deathwatch Army  (Read 12162 times)

Offline Pershore

• You are in error, no-one is screaming
Re: Deathwatch Army
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 01:21:55 PM »
Thanks Zilverscale!

So I have decided that for the time being I am building towards my Sicarius and Techmarines list (list here: Sicarius and Techmarines - 1500pts) so I am going to be adding some techmarines to the paint queue (behind finishing the Dread, a tac squad and their ride  :-\).  My question is, a techmarine normally has a chapter shoulder pad and an Ad Mec shoulder pad.  So what would a Deathwatch techmarine do?  DW+AdMec; DW+Chapter or AdMec+Chapter?

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »
Had a thought, with all the paint chipping on those vehicles have you ever seen the Hair-spray method of doing chipped paint? Not the best example of the process I've ever seen but thought this video might intrest you.  :)

I've played with it a bit and got some good results from it but you may find it more trouble than it's worth.

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline Pershore

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 03:52:59 PM »
Had a thought, with all the paint chipping on those vehicles have you ever seen the Hair-spray method of doing chipped paint? Not the best example of the process I've ever seen but thought this video might intrest you.  :)

I've played with it a bit and got some good results from it but you may find it more trouble than it's worth.
That is indeed how I do my paintchips!  I really like the technique.  You get a kind of three dimensional effect because the chips actually are cutting through the paint to a lower layer.

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:38 AM »
The picture from the Techmarine page of the Deathwatch RPG book show the standard Chapter symbol//Deathwatch pad, so I'd go with that.
The tech marine models come with many other mechanicum icons on chest/knee's/weapons that his allegiance to mars will still be obvious.

Offline Pershore

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »
The massive servo-harness will be a bit of a give away too! ;)

Offline Pershore

« Reply #25 on: April 1, 2012, 02:42:22 AM »
I've completed the work on Revered-Brother Toten, an ancient member of the Imperial Fists that is currently undertaking work for the Ordo.  As is becoming a theme for this army, he's got a silly number of optional magnetised parts.  I've still got some muddying up to do, but it's basically there:

Here he is in classic Rifleman mode:

But he prefers getting up close and personal with a siege hammer and close combat weapon:

To be honest, I don't even rate these upgrades - I am just addicted to maximising my choices when making lists:

Like many of my vehicles His engine block could use a little tlc from the techmarines:

The idea is that Toten will have a partner dreadnaught from the Crimson Fists and that they will have fought together in the past prior to the legions being split up.  They will also both have drop pods, but these are projects for a little further down the line.  I have decided to prioritise a second tactical squad so that I'll actually be able to fill the FOC minimum slots and play a game without having to borrow figures!  I have done the squad sergeant already.  As with the Dreadnaught he needs mud but is otherwise done.  I decided to exercise a modicum of judgement this time, so I didn't magnetise every single sergeant upgrade option, just 6 of them:

Offline Pershore

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 04:05:49 AM »
Posting some painting progress for self motivational purposes!

I am currently working on a second tactical squad for my deathwatch army.  Here's where they're up to as of this morning:

From left to right the chapters they've been drafted from are Blood Angels, Black Templars, Dark Angels, Ultramarines, Eagle Warriors, Silver Skulls, Space Wolves.  The first three are nearly complete and have a bunch of magnetised weapon options, I just need to muddy them up and work on their bases, they others are at a fairly early stage.  I have just got the armour and chipped paint to where I'd like them to be and have all the details to do.  I also have 3 more guys to construct of course!

Offline bsucbe

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 12:13:02 PM »
So impressed by all of these! the paint chipping looks awesome, images like these are always so dangerous though, inspiration to part myself from a chunk of cash :P