News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1.5k high elves vs. skaven  (Read 2114 times)

Offline FarseerFaris

• Eradicate them all....
1.5k high elves vs. skaven
« on: August 8, 2010, 04:55:18 PM »
Our rematch after our early game saturday, this time at 1.5k.

elves:
Lev2 mage, seerstaff/scroll shadow
20 seagaurd
20 seagaurd
10 silverhelms
10 silverhelms
10 dragonknights

rats:
2X wizard rats.
bsb stormbanner
special character guy, i think he said hes special good vs. dwarves.
30ish slaves
30ish clanrats
30ish clanrats
30ish slaves
30ish clanrats
doomwheel

I win turn 1 and move dragon princes up on right flank, and sivler helms up on center and left flank.  Seagaurd shoot some rats and suprisingly wound the doomwheel 2X.  Doomwheel goes crazy and moves towards my dragon knights doh!

He advances on me, doomwheel charges dragonknights but they fallback.  I think he didn't do anything with magic this round.

Silverhelms flank/front charge a 30man clanrat with bsb unit.  Dragonknights fall back 7".  Mage casts Mindrazor non some silver helms.  Arrows wound the doomwheel once more causing it to move backwards crushing 2 slaves.  In combat the silverhelms cause 17 wounds and only lose 1 knight.  They overrun deep into my enemys deployment but all his units are now to the left of my silver helms instead nof surrounding them.  I'm closing in on a mage hiding behind a hill.

Some slaves and the clanrats with the special character chase after my silverhelms - dooomwheel turns around and heads towards my dragon knights and some sea gaurd.  In magic his kills 2 silverhelms with a str2 breath attack, and he gets some sea gaurd from my left unit.

Dragonknights rally yay. Silver helms run behind a hill to get at his mage but hes got his character just outta the charge flank.  1 seagaurd unit on my right finishes off the doomwheel while the wounded unit moves back so they don't get charged nexgt round.

Skaven slaves try to charge my nsilver helms but are noff but 2 inches.  .  He kills some more silver helms with magic. 

My turn silver helms basically run away from his army nand my dragonknights charge a unit of slaves killing them but a knight goes down to an explosion.  Game basically ends here because he doesn't have any shooting for long range and won't be catching up nto my cavalry now.

And though all I see is darkness...
I shall not flinch from my destiny..!

Offline NecronCell2131

• KoN Veteran
  • Mindshackle Scarabs Abuser
  • Armies: Necrons, Vampire counts
Re: 1.5k high elves vs. skaven
« Reply #1 on: August 8, 2010, 05:25:02 PM »
 Sounds like a good game. Though looking at his list i can say there is much i would do to improve upon it. Do you run your knights in two ranks or in 1 line?
My Tesseract Labyrinth Collection:
 1xDreadknight
 Enemies Doored by Monolith:
 1xBlack templars dreadnought,1xChaos lord,1xEmperors champion,1xDante,1xBelial,4xMelta guns that failed to kill it,1xWolf lord,1xStraken