News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "Wading Through Paint" Deffkopter  (Read 1607 times)

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
"Wading Through Paint" Deffkopter
« on: January 30, 2010, 01:09:04 PM »

This will be my first time painting something Orky, and I really wanted to go al out with the details, all the little symbols and rivets spread across the model, I wanted to make them stand out. It will be a lot of detail work, so lets see how it turns out!
"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!

Offline FifthWindDieGermanator

• Marines are Toughness 3! | Termagant
Re: "Wading Through Paint" Deffkopter
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:25 PM »
What? An update?

Finally got around to doing something on the model, and got a bit done on it. I basecoated it a very dark brown/gray, before drybrushing a slightly lighter grey and then brown on top of it, to give it a very old, dusty, worn look. I also drybrushed the red's on to give the exact same feeling, which I hope to do across the whole model. The Ork and his gloves were both a two step process, with a basecoat and a drybrush. I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the higlighting on the red parts, though.

Opinions and comments appreciated.

"special weapons, what special weapons, oh look skulls, BLAAAGABLAGAAAGGGGG BLOOD SKULLS BLOOD SKULLS"
-Sanctjud

I'd rather you hate me, For everything I am, Than have you love me, For something that I can't
- Five Finger Death Punch

Beware, Rules Lawyers, beware!