News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: upcoming GW release rumors  (Read 8265 times)

Offline Cambyses

• One Badass Penguin!
Re:upcoming GW release rumors
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2003, 08:52:45 AM »
I don't mind getting newer poses--I'm always for that sort of thing. (BTW, will I ever get enough Wyches without having to convert WFB models? Just askin'.)

The problem I see is that I've already got a substantial Death Wing force (forty or so troopers) and would be really annoyed if I had to figure out a way to have to break and cut all my guys off in order to rebase them. I'd be downright pissed if I could no longer use the guys I've got...
'take only prisoners, leave only corpses'

Offline theghostwarrior

• The Necrons are coming...
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2003, 10:19:34 AM »
You don't have to break them off, just glue the old base onto a 40mm one and model it appropriately so it looks like more than just a base glued onto a base.  Then the model retains its hold, while also getting taller and conforming to the new base "requirement."
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys came out to fight.  They stood back to back and faced each other, drew their swords, and shot one another.  A deaf policeman heard the noise, came out and killed the two dead boys.

Offline ChileTheElf

• I have not yet begun to procrastinate.
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2003, 11:16:21 AM »
But isn't it going to get sorta old if every one of your terminators just happens to be standing on their very own personal hill?  As if the old termies won't stand out compared to the new ones as it is...

A decent idea though I'll grant you, but I still think rebasing is what's going to be needed.  That, or a way to do an extenda-base or something.  Maybe make a mold, put the model in it, fill with putty, let dry, pull out of mold, and whoola, bigger base....
Learn to suspect the woodchuck.

Offline The Rainmaker

• Up the Irons!
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2003, 12:46:14 PM »
You don't have to give old terminators bigger bases to make them legal. The only reason the new ones will have big bases is to allow more poses. This doesn't affect old termies.
"Woe to you, oh earth and sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty six."

Revelations ch.XIII v.18

formerly Angron

Offline Sgt. Dellius

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Domintis Ultramarini
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2003, 03:18:51 PM »
errr, what about that shocking anti SM ploy?

Offline Biting Blade

another rumor heard concerning Eldar
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2003, 04:40:04 AM »
Its been a while since I've been to the Games Workshop store in my area. But usually when I go I try to ask about rumors from the employees. Most of the time they'll tell me stuff they've heard and always with the disclaimer on how reliable the rumor is. Usually stuff like, "not sure if this 100%....", "sounds like it will probably happen....", and so on.

One of the ones I heard was the Plastic Cadian rumor. And I heard that one about maybe 4 months before seeing it on the internet grapevine.  Way back when.

So I guess it meant some rumors do indeed come true. Well, sure enough I hear that the Eldar with get a new Codex next year along with a plastic Wave Serpent. [not in time for me however since I'm converting one this spring...that's okay I enjoy the converting process]

Another one I heard, is that there will be other new stuff too along side the Wave Serpent. One of which might be the new Wraithlord.

Man, I hope this will come true. Not to say the current one is ugly or anything. Its not. But its kinda old and could use a make-over. All the SMs got their Dreadnoughts made over. It'll be nice to see a new slick treatment of the Wraithlord.

I personally modified my Wraithlord a tad because I thought it could use a little jazzing up. Its still quite 2nd edition looking huh? I mean, look at the shoulder weapon mount! Its just a square slot off to one side.  It would be nice if it was more like the weapon slot on the Vyper Jetbike. Fits in a bit better.

Anyways......though t I'd share some of that info. I'm crossing my fingers for new cool looking stuff. Not sure how much us Eldar players will get [since we're not SM], but I'm exciting anyways.

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2003, 07:21:13 AM »
As long as they make a terminator that looks like he is bowling I'm happy.  Not that I'll buy it, I just think it will look funny.
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline Nexes

• The Golden Demon
    • The Abandoned Shack (TAS)
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2003, 09:17:46 PM »
whats an EoT?

Quote from: Vaelyn link=board=51;threadid=29825;start=0#msg318899
we've got a plastic Wave Serpent model!!!!!
[quote

Vaelyn when will that be?
http://nexess.proboards32.com/
JOIN THE ABANDONED SHACK!

Quote homer: "The other day I was so desperate for a beer, I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers. "
- http://smacie.com/randomizer/simpsons/homer.html?

Offline Evil Ninja

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2003, 09:19:22 PM »
Dear lord i would love Storm Gaurd squads. Would make my Harley army a bit cheaper and easyer to make.

Offline Mohawk man!

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2003, 10:42:16 AM »
the EOT is the Eye Of Terror.

like biting blade said, the new plastic waveserpent should be out next year with the new eldar codex.

then again, lkke most GW rumours this is unreliable.

Offline Loki_81

• ahoy
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2003, 12:51:12 AM »
I heard they were going for larger bases in order to compensate for large and more dynamic Terminators in the fasion of Grey Knight Termies.

That seems most likely to me.

Okay i understand the bigger bases, but how much larger are they going to make the terminators? This is gonna throw my deathwing through a loop. :P Here's a good way to judge, how much bigger are the Daemon hunter terminators than the normal ones? Please please tell me that i can still use my deathwing without having to spend like $700 to get new friggin models.

Offline Tyriel

• Our rebirth will be at the cost of your lives apes
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2003, 01:02:22 PM »
Grey Night Termies (Daemon Hunters) are the same size as normal Termies. Do not worry.
My enemys enemy is the next on the list!

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2003, 08:12:54 PM »
actually, i think GK terminators are a bit bigger than the normal ones... or they just look that way because of how they're modeled (they are actually moving!!!).
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2003, 09:00:25 PM »
Grey Night Termies (Daemon Hunters) are the same size as normal Termies. Do not worry.

does that mean when the 'new' termies come out

all DH's will have to purchase 'new' DH's to be fitting for the game?

clever bums they are...
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Tyriel

« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2003, 04:16:02 AM »
Ok everyon thinks GK termies are bigger than normal Smurf termies. This is an urban myth, they just look better, and people assume tahat because Oblitereators are huge, that termies will be big too. Not so.

By the way did you guys know Logan Grimnar was sculpted for a bet! Some guy (i don't know who) "hey Jes, i bet you you can't make a Termie running..."
Jes "The hell i can't!"

oh and the new rhino was done for free! GW "Jes we want a new Predator". Jes "ok, i'll do a new Rhino too!" GW "no you won't, we will only pay you for the pred." Jes "alright, i'll do it gratis!"

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2003, 06:36:32 AM »
The Obliterators are Terminators that have mutated!

Anyway to make the new Predator he would have had to have made a new chassis. So...

Offline Tyriel

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2003, 10:29:35 AM »
Prove your first poin there if you can! Where does it say that?

Secondly, they just wanted to update the weapon fits and just improve on it, the rest was Jes.