News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1330 pts List with no lord -what to add?  (Read 587 times)

Offline Krunek

• Sybarite
  • Dakka!!!
1330 pts List with no lord -what to add?
« on: July 25, 2006, 12:54:57 AM »
This is an idea of mine- since I have the have been blessed with a  lord that rolls a "1" on the second or third inv. save he takes while assaulting a small ,isolated unit.So he is toast ;D- i still win the game more oftenthen not,but this is the first 1500 list with no lord posted here since 3rd edition and the 3 haemonculi on bikes idea ...
  This list is currently 1330 pts or so- here is how it goes

HQ
Haemonculus
   WWP
   Scissorhand
   Shadowfield
   Destructor

Elites
Wyches No 1.
10 Wyches
w.weapons                 
2 Blasters
Succubus
 Punisher
 T.Helm
 Animus vitae
 Trophy rack

Raider
Horrorfex
Slave snares

Wyches No 2.
10 wyches
w.weapons
2 blasters
Succubus
 Agoniser
 Archangel of pain
 Mask of the damned

Raider
Horrorfex
Trophy racks

Wyches No3.
10 wyches
2 Blasters
 Succubus
Agoniser
Goblet of spite
Trophy racks

Raider
Horrorfex
Slave snares

Troops
Sniper squad
Sniper squad

Heavy support
Ravager
 Night shield

Ravager
 Night shield

So,before everybody starts saying "ooh your wych are too expensive"-yes I am aware of the fact that they cost points-but they do things most opponents don't expect them to do like pinning tests with -3(archangel of pain+trophy racks on the raider).
   Now i have 170 Pt's to go around-
 What would you add?
 What would you change?
To make one thing clear- i won't be beating around the bush with this list-the Haemy opens his portal on turn 1,and bad bad things start flying out of it.. ;D - and I'm counting on All of my wyches getting into hth...

Offline Velox Letum

• "Swift Annihilation,the only way to show mercy"
Re: 1330 pts List with no lord -what to add?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 01:41:11 AM »
Why not switch the list to a Wych cult.

Take a Archite w/agonizer,sp,drugs,sf,plasma

and a dracite w/wwp,agonizer,drugs

Really it wont hurt you to loose 2-3 wychs.

However i really do like your army list idea.

It inspires me.

Just remember imitation is the highest form of flattery

Offline EightyEight

• The Santa hat is here to stay.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 03:41:25 AM »
Maybe add a Talos, just off the top of my head. It fits, having a Haemonculus as your leader. It'd add some resilience and act as a firemagnet. The usual.

As for the list, I don't know why you bother just switching the Lord for a Haemonculus - he'll just die even more easily, if your luck is really that appalling. Unless you're using him differently, which is probably a good idea...
Are we as offensive as we might be?

Offline Krunek

• Sybarite
  • Dakka!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 07:56:49 AM »

This may seem strange-but in comparison to wyhces an Archon is too expensive for what it does...
 Take an example of a typical lord I use...

Lord
R.Jetbike
Combat drugs
Shadow field
Power weapon(or agoniser)
P.Grenades
T.helm
  170 pts min.
  So in order for him to kill 170 pts of smurfs for example that would mean killing a whole tactical squad by himself- fine he's capable of doing this...but wyches cost some 50 pts more (including transport) and they can kill MORE- plus they ARE a scoring unit.If deployed from a portal(like in the example above),they aren't in much danger of being shot at,I send them in a target rich zone - sit back and watch the show... ;D
    A Wych squad that takes 180 pts worth of enemy lives and claims an objective has paid it's points and the points of the second wych squad.
 So i took 3...they are good- let's take 3.
Everybody,all the other armies take multiple choices of units that are more then worth their points.
Landspeeders,Obliterators,Wraithlords ;D

Making this into a wych cult prevents me from taking the heamonculus...
On to him...
This guy is deployed carefully,and on turn one(yes one! 8)) he opens the portal.
 After that he keeps his 60 points alive,or proceeds flaming an over enthusiastic
 enemy unit...
   For what he does he is the best choice,IMO.T4 is T4...no instant kill by assault cannons,Autocannons etc...if by any chance I happen to get shot at and fail my 2++ roll  ::) ::) ::)

Talos is worth considering,Warp beasts come to mind-cheap and with an Agoniser....