News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Who actually HAS a "lost" army?  (Read 18537 times)

Offline Keeblar the Arboreal

• We're Space Pirate Chaos Zombie Dwarfs! Roar!
Re: Who actually HAS a "lost" army?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 11:28:48 AM »
I've painted up 9 ancient Chaos Squats to use with the Kill Team rules. Given the limited range of models for many lost and damned critters (Chaos Squats, Zoats, Space Slann), Kill Teams seem a good way to avoid the madness of hunting down lots of obscure models.

Offline Lieutenant Darling

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 09:38:17 PM »
My 12 year-old son has a LATD army. It's around 3000 points in size and he plays it Undivided. He has huge mobs of mutants he's converted from Catachan and Zombie sprues, drilling holes through them in awful places to show they are really Plague Zombies. Add to that a Defiler, many Terminators, and a whole bunch of Traitors, Plaguebearers, Chaos Space Marines, more than half a dozen big mutants, and led by the Great Unclean One himself, I enjoy facing him with my sturdy Cadian force.
That which does not kill you...<br />  ...was a tactical error.

Offline Zzarchov

• Equations are the Devil's sentances
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 10:53:21 PM »
Note that this forum predates The eye of terror list

Lost and the Damned refers to all the once official armies out there, not "The Lost and the Damned" Chaos army.

Offline St.Germaine

« Reply #23 on: December 6, 2006, 12:28:51 PM »
I have 50+ Harlequins sitting on the shelf at the moment(some painted, some needing re-painting, some needing paint) that are about three projects down the list right now. 

I'm alternating between my current marines and a LatD army (Culln's Survivors) as my current painting project.  The idea is a group of Red Scorpions cut off behind enemy lines shepherding a motley crew of IG stragglers who have also been cut off.  I'm using the FW Red Scorpions as HQ, 2 squads pf CSM, and Chaos Lts for 3 squads of Traitors.  A Commisar for the required HQ choice.  Max out on Traitor Guard choices.  A Scorpion shaped Defiler (driven by a techmarine) was an idea I could not pass by (looking forward to starting that conversion).  Some Traitor Sentinels and a couple of Leman Russes round out the force.
Yes, there are female marines and my Sunhawks will explain it to you.

Not all of the Emperor's Children turned coat. We WILL redeem our honor.

Offline Ian Wood

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2006, 09:04:41 PM »
If we can include 'old stuff that never got lost or sold' then:

A bunch of Squat heavy weapon trikes, two units of bikers, Warlord and retinue (some in exo-armour) and a couple of units of infantry, plus (waiting to go on ebay) a pile of unpainted stuff.

A metric ton of Harlequins. I can't remember how many there actually are, but there's a dozen Death Jesters for starters. Currently getting a lot of play using the new codex and 'counts as' rules.

Half a dozen Zoats and some Screamer-Killers, might form the basis of a Tyranid army in the future.

Lots of little bits like GS Hybrids, old Eldar pirates etc.

Offline Guildmaster

• Brotherhoos - Squat codex
« Reply #25 on: February 3, 2007, 04:42:05 PM »
I still got my Squat army since I started playing with rough trader. It's around 2000p nicely painted. I had a lot more time in my youth, sigh.

They still go to battle now and then when their homeworld, reputation or codex is threatened.

They really feels like a lost and dying race. Thanks to GW no new squat figures are born. It hurts my heart each time one of my small beardied buddies die. I've got a tendency to use more and more vechicles and special units than big troop squads. Unless I can hire som colonial milita for cannon fodder.

Offline Bannedface666

• BANNED - Spammer: Forum Blathermouth | Archite
  • Artist for hire... Mostly banned :)
    • cubiclebattles
« Reply #26 on: February 4, 2007, 04:24:07 PM »
Not only that, but its nearly impossible to make a new squat army codex. People just don't like Squats, whether justified or not, and its a shame. I had to stop working on my codex due to lack of interest.

Offline AltoSax

• Newest
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 09:58:07 AM »
If you build an army as it was 17 years ago no one is going to still like it.  If Tyranids were the same as their first incarnation, they wouldn't be sold in the game starter box.

Offline Vuren

« Reply #28 on: March 6, 2007, 02:43:34 AM »
Personally i don't have any Lost armies(college student, plus crappy fast food job, and paying for 90% of the stuff equels broke)  but when the new harlie models get released i'm making a harlie army, i've already bought what i'm gonna use of the solitire and the like.  And i'm picking up my friends unopened boxes of space marines to do some conversions into squats, though i wonder if guard would be a better model to pass off of.

Offline Ambience 327

« Reply #29 on: March 8, 2007, 09:07:23 AM »
I have roughly 1000 pts of Adeptus Arbites - planning to expand it to 1500 points soon.
(I just posted my army list if you want to see it, you can click here.)

I also have the makings of an Exodite army, which I am trying to build up with the ability to field it either using my own rules or proxying it as a standard Eldar army - so that I can use it against all but the most stubborn opponents. :P

Finally, I don't know if this counts or not, but I plan to build a Legion of the Damned army that count as Necrons. I just think the Necron rules would work really well to represent the strange ways of the LotD!

Offline De'Raj7

• http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/axemaster259/kabalobs2.gif
« Reply #30 on: March 8, 2007, 09:18:06 AM »
I have 2k worth of Genestealer Cult, but I don't use them because I  rarely win with them. I've wnated to start up an army of Adeptus Arbites, but I can't find any models of them. Could SM scouts work? I have the codex already.

Offline Ambience 327

« Reply #31 on: March 8, 2007, 09:42:17 AM »
Ebay is a good source for the original Arbites models.

You can use SM scouts as well - I use them for some of my units. The plastics are great, and if you are decent with Green Stuff you can sculpt helmets for them.

Another source of models would be the Necromunda Enforcers. You have nearly every weapon option you could want there.

We seem to be in opposite boats - I'd love to have a GS cult to pair off against my Arbites! It could make for a heck of a fun campaign, even better if the GS cult was followed up by a full-scale Tyranid invasion force, with the Arbites being reinforced by Space Marines and/or Imperial Guard.

Offline De'Raj7

• http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/axemaster259/kabalobs2.gif
« Reply #32 on: March 8, 2007, 01:15:42 PM »
Genestealer cults are fun because they're imperial guard with orcs and 'stealers, but that also makes them hard to balance. They are AWESOME for conversions though.

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #33 on: March 9, 2007, 05:13:50 AM »
i have nearly finished a draft of "how to play arbites in 4th ed." . expect soon.
However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline damianlz

• Lord -][-nquisitor - Ordo Xenos
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »
i dont know if it counts, but im converting up a Genestealer army as we speak :) Its using the Tyranid Codex, but is Stealer thru and thru. If you guys ahve any comments or suggestions i'd love to hear them!

heres a link to my WIP thread

http://www.wargamerau.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=32855&hl=

Are you of the hive?..
Any dead animals you find on the road would make great scenery and be an excellent representation of dead greater demons

Offline Amphetamine Parrot

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2007, 11:38:04 AM »
If I wanted to I could field my kroot by themselves. I currently have two kroot troop boxes and the angkhor prok blister. all of it is still in it's original packaging. I was going to start a kroot merc. army a while back, but I just got so bored of them. they have very little fluff, unit variations, good weapons or tactical level involved. not my cup o' tea, but I know some people who love thier kroot mercs. up to preference.
I DEMAND NEW DARK ELDAR!!!

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
« Reply #36 on: April 9, 2007, 02:24:09 PM »
Well my friend has an army made out of imperial guard and stealers...he also has a squad of space marine scouts that look like mutants!

Offline Baldemyr

• Oderint dum metuant
    • Art by the Master...me.  No seriously.  Me.  Its not ego.
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2007, 11:50:05 AM »
I have around 1500 points of Squats-unpainted, 15 Slann (is that an army?) and a few old Zoats (I made mine out as Imperial and in service of Inquisitor.  Not sure it would completely work in the fluff but they looked awesome)

Offline Lord Kharloth

• BANNED spammer ~ Spammer: Forum Idiot
  • BANNED no?
« Reply #38 on: June 1, 2008, 03:00:27 PM »
I have an Adeptus Arbites army, comprised mostly of SM scouts, IG storm troopers and alot of greenstuff.
BANNED
This user has been banned for continued breaches of the rules despite warnings.

Offline Black Hawk

• Captain
  • "Men of Tanith! Do you want to live forever?"
  • Armies: IG, DH, HE, Gondor
« Reply #39 on: June 2, 2008, 07:49:47 PM »
I have some Tanith First-and-Only made from converted Catachans and made some of the other regiments from the Gaunt's Ghosts Novels. I have some Praetorians, Steel Legion, and Mordian Iron Guard, too.