News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: hi oink just asking a question here to answer?  (Read 517 times)

Offline robdark22

hi oink just asking a question here to answer?
« on: January 22, 2008, 11:03:34 AM »
use to play tau here and my question is on having 3 suits here. would it be possible to have one of the three suit to be povoit model in the unit being the squad commander of cousre. saying the weapons could be more twin missle pod, plamsa rifle. gear being mulit tracker and target lock bonding knife for the unit. reason i asking this would the configuration work for an front line role or support rule when you have to jump into the open take down a unit for to win the game. i had this happen so i could explain what i was trying to say to him.

the other object i was getting was he was able to flood my fire control for the  3 squad of dark reapers for about 4 turns in the game and he really didnt take advange of that till it was to late is what i was asking about the configuation. thanks..
you live or die based on the decision you make it quick or i make it for you.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
Re: hi oink just asking a question here to answer?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:03:01 AM »
wow, robdark, i find it very difficult to erm... translate your posts... let me see if i can get this right though...

use to play tau here and my question is on having 3 suits here. would it be possible to have one of the three suit to be povoit model in the unit being the squad commander of cousre. saying the weapons could be more twin missle pod, plamsa rifle. gear being mulit tracker and target lock bonding knife for the unit. reason i asking this would the configuration work for an front line role or support rule when you have to jump into the open take down a unit for to win the game. i had this happen so i could explain what i was trying to say to him.

i think what your asking is if its a good set up to have a team of three xv8s with the team leader "up-gunned"... taking twin missile pods and a plasma gun and then hard wiring the other gear, including a target lock to allow him to split his fire.

yes, its not a bad idea. the important thing with full three man teams is to remember that bonding knife. its quite common to upgun team leaders from crisis teams. often what is suggested is to keep the weaponry the same as the rest of the team, so that you can still concentrate fire on a target when needed, but simply twin link one of the weapons. the target lock for the team leader is only going to be useful in certain situations, but if you have 5 points left over then it can be worthwhile. i find this moreso if the weapon fit is one that can threaten different types of target... for instance, with the twin missile pods, which allows your team leader to target enemy light tanks whilst the rest of the unit might go after something else.

a team set up like this seems to perform better in a support role. as three crisis suits in a single unit tends to draw a lot of attention from your opponent, and they will be eager to trap the suits in combat... however, this of course depends on the weapon set up.

the other object i was getting was he was able to flood my fire control for the  3 squad of dark reapers for about 4 turns in the game and he really didnt take advange of that till it was to late is what i was asking about the configuation. thanks..

erm... ?

hope that helps.  :-\

Offline robdark22

Re: hi oink just asking a question here to answer?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:41:05 PM »
it does
you live or die based on the decision you make it quick or i make it for you.