News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Crisis suits - advice required  (Read 1306 times)

Offline Grand Admiral Thrawn

• Cast it into the fire!
My Crisis suits - advice required
« on: August 26, 2002, 03:08:21 PM »

Hello all grey little Tau Commanders, I'm still in the Fire Caste Academy on T'au (in english, planning my army) and would appreciate it if you could pass any valuable information on to me. I'm pretty much sure how my army will come out, but the Crisis suit weaponry are still open to suggestions.
Here are my proposed Battlesuits:

HQ

Commander Shas'o
w.fusion blaster, plasma rifle, shield generator, HW target lock, HW multi-tracker, HW drone controller
2 Shas'vre Bodyguards
w.flamer, plasma rifle, multi-tracker

<<<so, these guys are going to get pretty close to the enemy. the shas'o has three high-S shots hitting on 2+; not bad. the shas'vre have the fantastic plasma rifle along with flamers (I play vs orks a lot, plus flamers don't need rolls to hit; good thing since they got BS3)

ELITES

1 Shas'vre
w.plasma rifle, burst cannon, multi-tracker, HW drone controller
2 Shas'ui
w.plasma rifle, burst cannon, multi-tracker

<<<these guys mow down infantry>>>

ELITES

1 Shas'vre
w.plasma rifle, missile pod, multi-tracker, HW drone controller
2 Shas'ui
w.plasma rifle, missile pod, multi-tracker

<<<and these take on something a little tougher>>>

So the HQ guys get close and blast the enemy; the crisis teams provide medium range fire support; in addition I got 3 broadsides for tanks. What do you think?

Welcome Admiral Harkov, we have a matter to discuss. What is the location of your fleet...? Now, you shall pay for your treachery!

Offline xv15.

Re:My Crisis suits - advice required
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2002, 05:38:18 PM »
First off all, those are great configs vs orks.

2nd..

Don't glue any weapons or support systems on a crisis suit. If you paint the box and the hole it fits in on the suit they will stay in on their own so you can change the config whenever you please.

Looks great for anti orks though
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.

Offline mime

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2002, 05:50:13 PM »
Have you thought of hard wireing the multi trakers on the body guard, you then have a free hard point to either link the rifles or add another weapon.

Seems that you have alot of plasma rifles for Orks, maybe think of given one of your Elites a Missle pod instead, should help against Killer Lans, Trucks etc.
'I don't like all this green, you all go into the jungle and I can't see you anymore, I say if your going to fight, clash!'

Good Morning Vietnam

Offline xv15.

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2002, 06:07:32 PM »
This squad is a bit of a point hog, but its extremely effective

shas'o with plasma rifle, missile pod, shield generator, hard wired multi tracker, hard wired target lock, and a hard wired drone controller with 2 shield drones

Bodyguard each with plasma rifle, missile pod, shield generators, and hard wired multi trackers.

They also are bonded.

I forget its like 335 points or something but very hard to take down cuz of all the invulnerable saves. It also has anti armour and anti heavy personnel so this is an all purpose squad.

Get a stealth team too, can't go wrong with 18 s5 shots!
The man who makes a beast of himself,
rids himself of the pain of being a man.

Offline Master Chief

• Constant motion is our way in Warfare
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2002, 10:28:01 PM »
I'm not fond of putting burst cannon on XV8s, much rather get something with a bit more punch (plasma is a standard on EVERY suit, then either a missile pod for range work or fusion blaster for melting the whites of their eyes..)  If you want burst cannon just get stealth teams.. they totally rock against infantry.
Defenders of Terra - Imperial Fists