Waiting
2 (28.6%)
Will not (your choice)
0 (0%)
Can not (no choice)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 16, 2021, 08:19:03 PM

Author Topic: The Dreaded Plague  (Read 4583 times)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: The Dreaded Plague
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2021, 09:58:36 AM »
Meanwhile, in the US, we are bribing the last cohort that won't get shots.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2021, 01:22:58 PM »
I got my first shot of Pfiser on Wednesday. Jab#2 is set for September 1st. Felt fine the rest of the day, but felt amphetamine parrotty and my whole body felt achy yesterday. Feel much better today. Them Anti-bodies must be working.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »
Meanwhile, in the US, we are bribing the last cohort that won't get shots.

You mean plain giving up. Anyway vaccinated can ignore the majority of the restrictions and you don't have to prove anything unless the private facility demands you do which is highly unlikely. Hence - the remaining hold outs will just lie and think they're being clever.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2021, 02:03:07 PM »
Oh sure, they will. But amphetamine parrot like running a lottery for vaccinated people will get many of the CHUDs to go for it.

Every state should offer to buy a case of beer for everyone who gets a shot. You'd get at least half of those morons to go get jabbed.

Idiots who panicked and filled plastic bags with gasoline will get a vaccine if you offer them a free burger, mark my words.

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2021, 02:59:37 AM »
I got my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday! The spot where I got the jab is a bit sore and I was more tired than usual yesterday evening, but no other side effects. Looking forward to the second dose next month.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2021, 04:01:03 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #26 on: July 2, 2021, 05:27:29 AM »
Had first shot of the oxford a few weeks back (08:30 on a Sunday morning), and was digging the allotment an hour after. No side effects at all.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2021, 10:06:20 PM »
I have, against all expectation, been given an apppointment from my municipality for my first vaccine shot. It's in about two weeks. Can't wait.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2021, 11:53:19 PM »
its the second shot that has mild side effects, our company will not let multiple people get the second shot at he same time, as it seems to take most people out for a couple of days with generic cold symptoms.

While there are nut balls, there are those that are legitimately concerned about some of the more severe side effects, like death lol. Pfizer is considerably safer, but is not risk free and the risks factors for those side effects are not clear. So, don't throw everyone who doesn't want to get it into the nut ball category.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2021, 04:01:41 AM »
its the second shot that has mild side effects, our company will not let multiple people get the second shot at he same time, as it seems to take most people out for a couple of days with generic cold symptoms.

While there are nut balls, there are those that are legitimately concerned about some of the more severe side effects

Everyone is different when it comes to how they react to the jab I would say. I must admit I was quite worried when I got my first jab because several neighbours who had had theirs were throwing up and suffered from extreme lethargy. A few of my in-laws had mild side effects such as aches and tiredness.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2021, 07:54:19 AM »
My second one awhile back. First jab sucked, but the second was alright for some reason lol.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2021, 06:17:09 PM »
While there are nut balls, there are those that are legitimately concerned about some of the more severe side effects, like death lol. Pfizer is considerably safer, but is not risk free and the risks factors for those side effects are not clear. So, don't throw everyone who doesn't want to get it into the nut ball category.

Still going to judge them. Their choice to not get it (unless mandatory for their vocation) and if they don't then they need to maintain precautions. Mask up, stay distant, if they feel ill they stay home. There are people who can't get vaccinated who are vulnerable. Choosing not to is different and so it's all on them.
Drink
Knights Tippler

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2021, 09:26:34 AM »

This statement is misleading nonsense, and wherever you're getting it from isn't explaining the facts clearly.

1) Deaths reported after receiving the vaccine (ANY vaccine) have not been successfully or consistently linked to the vaccine itself, meaning there is no substantial or corroborating evidence to list this as a side effect. Saying it's a side effect, however, 100% DOES kill people. Stop it.

2) The side effects ARE well known, documented, and observable. 160 million people have been fully vaccinated in the US alone and pretty much every side effect has been seen, recorded, and is well known. Side effects vary widely by individual, this is true, but with the exception of those with known conditions that prevent them from being vaccinated, nobody should be worried about receiving any of the vaccines. 

3) People who don't get the vaccine because they are afraid of the side effects are either cowards, morons, or lying. They are voluntarily remaining incubators for a deadly disease that, if permitted, will continue to mutate and kill people. They deserve every inch of social censure they receive, I find their arguments of "personal choice" deeply unconvincing and disingenuous, and while I will fall short of wishing them a speedy demise, I hope they will remember to tip their emergency room nurse, the miserable beslubbers.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2021, 01:14:07 PM »
I had my second dose of the vaccination yesterday.  I feel a bit off colour today, which is not great in the heatwave that the UK is currently experiencing, but it's much better than having covid.  The NHS has done a fantastic job here, in spite of the Government.  I would strongly encourage everyone to get vaccinated.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2021, 09:24:51 PM »
The first night I had severe cold shivers for a while. Next day felt like being hung over, which being a Saturday, wasn't much of a surprise. Next day back to normal.
Drink
Knights Tippler

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2021, 09:09:40 AM »
Yeah, my sister who took the AstraZeneca version did have a couple of days of feeling quite poorly. Then she got the Moderna(sp?) for her second dose and she took it a lot better.

I'll gladly sit through a few days of flu-like symptoms or general fatigue to be able to get out of my 18-month-and-counting bubble again.