News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: IA 8 FAQ Insanity  (Read 1812 times)

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
IA 8 FAQ Insanity
« on: March 23, 2014, 11:37:41 AM »
Not gonna lie, one of the main factors in my own decline in Orkz was 6th Edition's interaction with Imperial Armor 8, which when I first got and read I felt my Ork Heart grow 3 sizes larger.  But then this was pointed out to me yesterday, an amazing FAQ from Forgeworld, (that ALL Ork Players NEED to Download!)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/d/Dred_Mob.pdf

Why do we all need to Download it?  Because it gives us all the entire armylist for an Ork Dreadmob army for Free!  GW and Forgeworld never do this, it's that blue moon time, which won't last long.  (NOTE while the FAQ is Free, in order to be Game Legal for in store games you will need the Ork Codex, Ork Codex FAQ, and the IA 8 Book)

Now at first I thought it was just going to be a brief little thing giving Hull Point clairifications (which I already got in a previous FAQ before seeing this one), but there's A LOT of little changes all across the board.  There's a couple point cost changes for wargear, a couple new toys (new DCCW for Meka/Mega dreads), Liftawagons got a HUGE overhaul, Cybork Slashas for the first time seem almost viable, there's a LOT of stuff in there.

I'll admit there's some bad mixed with the good, but we should all focus on the good anyway.  Speaking of, with this FAQ a Dreadmob Army can bring 6 Flyers BEFORE going to a second Force Org chart, and Mekboy Junkas with Boomguns.  I think I'll be spending my Sunday building some new lists, and I know I'd love to see yours!

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: IA 8 FAQ Insanity
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:35:14 AM »
I like the fact that Zhadsnark can be the war boss of a regular ork army.  ;D

Gives me the "excuse" to rebuild my biker army. This time I will not lose the models.

Of course the grot tanks and bonus planes could also make for an interesting army, while not really a dread mob, I could see it getting to be speed freak with a twist. I can see a phalanx of tanks speeding towards the enemy lines supported by planes and a few truck loads of shoota boys for scoring. A dedicated transport for the burna boys is just too cool and the boss mek can take a junka as dedicated transport for whatever unit I stick him in. And three burna bommas to fill out my heavy support slots just makes for a hoot of an army.

Of course there won't be any walkers in my army, why you ask? They just aren't KOS stuff.  ;)

Now, I will have to get busy and see what kind of speed freak IA8 list I can come up with.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Crispy86

• Ork Boy
  • Time to feast!
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Marines(Nurgle), Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2014, 09:59:57 PM »
Using this list I stuck a Meka in a unit of 3 deff dreadz. With good model positioning the unit was pretty much unkillable  ;D
Crispy86

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2014, 12:44:50 PM »
Not to mention the option of a scoring mekboy stompa...

This objective now belongs to da orks.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685