News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Are mass Tank Bustas viable?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Turork

• Lookin' 4 Dem Dinos..
Are mass Tank Bustas viable?
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:26:02 PM »
Im just wondering if it would be viable to take two or possibly even 3 full units of maxed out tank bustas in a list? 

You could use the mass bomb squigs to counter glory hogs to some extent.. hopefully destroying enemy baited targets within a 18" radius. 

With tank hammers and a Nob (where as burners can only take meks) they seem to look good in combat on paper, when you consider the tank hammer is basically a big choppa on steroids. 

Do they do well in battle wagons?
"and while it is possible to engage them in CC, as Orks we should try and give them a wide birth."   Jesus bring on that new book! Strike first on the charge would be nice! :P

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Are mass Tank Bustas viable?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 12:49:57 PM »
I use a full squad of 15, the nob with a tank hammer and boss pole, all riding in a battle wagon with 4 rockit launchas, repair grots, and a death roller. I use them to cause mayhem on the enemy and they are usually just off center of my army.

I find the bomb squigs to be funny but not really effective, although the squigs essentially give the nob a shooting attack as he is carrying the tank hammer. Loosing one squig a turn seems to work best as it can target a different target than the rest of the squad.

As for the glory hog cure, dismount the TBs on the wrong side of their BW, this way their own BW blocks line of sight and the TBs can now fire at that pesky infantry squad rather than have to shoot at that parked bait rhino.

I have thought about using three squads, but in the size games I usually play they would be almost the whole army, so I use only one squad. (not to mention I would have to build two more squads)

For the other elites I would recommend a full squad of lootas in a BW. They have superior range and are good at shooting down enemy aircraft. The BW doesn't really move as it is just cover for the loota boys, so no extra stuff on there and just a pair of big shootas for weapons.

My two teef
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Turork

• Lookin' 4 Dem Dinos..
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 08:14:43 PM »
That trick with LOS and dismounting out of 'the wrong side' of a battle wagon is great.  I just love the tank busta models so much.. I would convert some just from all the rokkits u have lying around on the boyz sprues.. but I wound defonately buy the 5 fine cast for flavour.. they just look so orky! 
"and while it is possible to engage them in CC, as Orks we should try and give them a wide birth."   Jesus bring on that new book! Strike first on the charge would be nice! :P

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 10:57:18 AM »
Here is a picture of mine. The joy of orks is that they can loot anything and make it work. So a few SM and IG parts as well as "regular" rockits.

"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak