News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Ard boys rave!  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Swarmish

• Doom: For when it just won't die dead enough.
'Ard boys rave!
« on: April 28, 2009, 08:49:45 AM »
I know we have talked about the cost-worthiness of 'ard boys to death.  I am just here to say that in my last 3 games, they have performed very well.  I use 20 shoota 'ard boys (x2 BS) + nob.  Example:

- Last game, 1500 pt secure and control.  I run my mob towards a close objective in a ruin.  Rhino w/tac squad (flamer in there) rushes out to greet me.  We both roll pretty average for hits and saves.  Long story short, no tac squad - 17 orks remain.  And they remained all 7 rounds.

I know I can have just more boys, but I am trying to make my list not so green tide.  1500 pt games with 80 or so (or more!) orks take forever.  Our group likes to have a faster pace - but it's easier for them because the majority of them are SM/CSM players.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:07:28 AM by Swarmish »

Offline kr00tman

Re: 'Ard boys rave!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 09:14:41 AM »
Give them mad dock and put them in a battlewagon and they have fnp and don't have to worry about rage :)
http://pittsburghbloodbowl.forumsland.com/ we play 40k, fantasy, and blood bowl located in Pittsburgh PA!

http://theredgrail.blogspot.com/ My good friends blood angels blog, has links to all our apoc games as well!

Offline Swarmish

• Doom: For when it just won't die dead enough.
Re: 'Ard boys rave!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 09:21:38 AM »
Give them mad dock and put them in a battlewagon and they have fnp and don't have to worry about rage :)

Yeah, the mad dok is on my really, really short list.  And instead of a vehicle, I want a warphead in that group.  I love, love, LOVE the randomness of ork lists.  I don't care if it wins or loses.  I am a glory hog to the extreme and love going out in a blaze of glory!