News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hur hur, ah rhinu ya say? (500 pt army, feautring ma fav vechile)  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Heavy Head Hitta Orks

• Grot
Big Mek'z 'Eavy 'Ead'z lug, Daey Twuntiz on oomie wurld Bazu Durki Dakkazwurld I dun no da name. Fund somefing nice toduy in ah owtapost. One of dem oomie 'Rhinus'. Nah too sur, but nah enough dakka, needz mo dakka. Mez and da boyz plan on huving ah Fix Itz parta tonught.

Big Mek'z 'Eavy 'Ead'z lug,Dueay twuntiz thuree, da remuning sevintun eelivon mekz 'n I fixedz da rhinu....if it wunt fo da stupid explustion, I be havin sevinteen mekz still. Wellz, we addud mo dakka, and it be vera....dakka like!

Ok, did a lil , and yes i know very very lil, backstory/thought pattern of 'Eavy 'Ead ;) . Ill probably do that with every army list idea. Well, since i dont have a variety of figures ima start small and try to make a 500 pt army tilli  get a few mroe figures (though im sure if i was desperate enough i can easily upg my orks to a 800-1000 pt army, but perfer not to be forced to upging the priciest thing).

HQ:
Big Mek 'Eavy 'Ead
Big Mek= 95
Shokk attack gun

---------------
Troops:
Da Gubbinz Boyz 'n da Gubbinz Nob Scurbugtz
17 Slugga Boyz + 2 Rokkit Boyz + 1 Boyz Nob=  170

Boyz: 2 Rokkit Launcha
Nob: Power Klaw, Bosspole

Da Scavunged Trukk Ladz
12 Slugga Boyz= 72

~~~~~

Dedicated Transport Vechiles:

Da Scavunged Trukk
Trukk= 40

Trukk: Red paint job

---------------
Heavy Support:

Rhinu of Exploudin Oomiz
Loot Wagon= 110

Boomgun, Grot riggers

Total Army Vaule: 497 pts
Unit Types: 1 Hq, 2 Troops, 1 Heavy Support, 1 Dedicated Vechile
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:31:41 PM by Heavy Head Hitta Orks »
Hur hur ladz, i be Big Mek 'Eavy 'Ead wit me 'Eavy 'Ead 'Ittaz, wit da Gubbinz boyz n da Trukk Ladz! Mo two com!

Offline Sucker_PF3

• Grot
  • "Operate! Operate! Still time to Operate!"
Re: Hur hur, ah rhinu ya say? (500 pt army, feautring ma fav vechile)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:14:06 AM »
It looks pretty solid to me, tell us how you do. I really cant disagree with any unit you put in, just make sure you shield your boyz well because you don't have a lot of them.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 04:14:49 AM »
Am I correct in assuming that in your Trukkboyz squad you have a boy with a Rokkit (I could check the points cost, but its 1 in the morning and that would require turning on the light to crunch numbers).

If so I would advise replacing him with a standard Sluggaboy.  Trukks are meant to be fast, but what the unit the trukk is carrying should be outfitted to assault straight out (if the trukk made it to where it needs to go that is).  By placing that Rokkit in the squad you compromise the ability of the unit to attack, because then instead of thinking about assaulting straight out of it, your concerned with firing the Rokkit, and while it is an Assault weapon I believe that you have to assault the unit that you shoot at.

Furthermore the Rokkit on the trukk, while a bargain bin weapon, might be better left as a Big Shoota as it is cheaper and frees the points for some much needed red paint.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Heavy Head Hitta Orks

• Grot
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 11:33:19 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that in your Trukkboyz squad you have a boy with a Rokkit (I could check the points cost, but its 1 in the morning and that would require turning on the light to crunch numbers).

If so I would advise replacing him with a standard Sluggaboy.  Trukks are meant to be fast, but what the unit the trukk is carrying should be outfitted to assault straight out (if the trukk made it to where it needs to go that is).  By placing that Rokkit in the squad you compromise the ability of the unit to attack, because then instead of thinking about assaulting straight out of it, your concerned with firing the Rokkit, and while it is an Assault weapon I believe that you have to assault the unit that you shoot at.

Furthermore the Rokkit on the trukk, while a bargain bin weapon, might be better left as a Big Shoota as it is cheaper and frees the points for some much needed red paint.

Peace
~OD

ty for the advice, i do appericate it. Im just starting out (total of like 6-8 battles, 1-2 of those being eldar hehe). I moved some things around and made some room for 2 more boyz hehe, which allowed me to get a SECOND rokkit launcher for the gubb. boyz. Ty once more.

Also more and any suggestions still welcomed!
Hur hur ladz, i be Big Mek 'Eavy 'Ead wit me 'Eavy 'Ead 'Ittaz, wit da Gubbinz boyz n da Trukk Ladz! Mo two com!