News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can a Kan live in harmony with bikes and buggies?  (Read 471 times)

Offline lemurking23

Can a Kan live in harmony with bikes and buggies?
« on: July 23, 2007, 08:32:56 PM »
Hello all,

I just started gathering an Ork army, and most of what I've managed to obtain are bikes, buggies, and generally the necessary ingredients for a KOS list.  However, one of the reasons I fell in love with the green mean machine were the killer kans and dreadnoughts. 

Is it plausible (in terms of being effective on the table as I'd like to be able to use this in local competition eventually) to have an army list that incorporates both a heavy use of cheap kan mobs as well as heavy fast attack choices or is it simply better to either go footsloggin with a wall of metal or KOS list? 

Thanks for any thoughts yall have.
If I wanted to be normal I'd dedicate 10 hours a day to a cubicle.

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
Re: Can a Kan live in harmony with bikes and buggies?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 09:16:44 PM »

Howdy,

First off.. you cant have kanz in a KoS, ( you probly aready new this)

But,  heres my input..and ive tryed a few differnt opptions. ( i do lean torwards KoS..but thats me and wont influence this topic)...

If you realy love the Evy's and meched'  theres a clan for you..(i think as i dont play it) evil suns,or bad moons..they have the largest budget and there fore more heavy equipent..youll want to look it up..
  that as many kanz as you can field..run them with your foot boys and get them into CC..once there they'll make you proud. Take battlewagons as troop transport.. to give your oppent othere targets besides them..
  Know that if you intend on taking mega-orkz..even with mega boostaz..thwy are SLOW...and will enevitably fall behind.
-------->IF<---------
 you plan on doing a well rounded force..( i dont know why.. ) bikes dont do well as wall, but do great at objectives and sweep up. for deep flanking or a flanking punch squad, look into a tankbusta squad in a truck with a nob. 4-5 rocket lobaz plus the weaked speed ofa truck. use the Kanz up front with sluga boys and shoota boys..
--------> IF <---------
 KoS is a calling for you..
 I run 1500 pts of bikes only... Boss on bike nobs on bikes with power claws..out riders... deth koptas..
  okie okie..and a looted lemon russ....

BUT ..what you need to know..
    bikes are great ..the first time they assalt..after that they tend to die fast.  but they can get to that first assalt normaly 1st or 2nd turn, and normaly tie up a unit or two long enough to get say..kans into the fight..or a 'evy kamnd group.

also the low armor of all your kanz and dreds and trucks and buggys and pretty much all your boys..leads to lots of stuff blowing up from afar while you try to get there. and after playing a few people a few times..and they break out the atuo cannons..its down hill..

But..My green hearted brother..stay strong. help is in the nere-ish future..and the NEW WAAAAAAHHG shall be for US!
               OIC

Offline lemurking23

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 04:56:04 AM »
Thanks for the input. 

I figured that it would be relatively difficult to field a nice amount of kans alongside a heavy bike/trukk army.  I guess for the time I'll look to the KOS list and slowly make a slower army as I add kans and dreads to my collection.  I suppose my idear was to have the bikes act as a skirmish force to distrupt and tie up my enemy on the first two turns while my kans got into kill range, along with a heavy mob or two of boyz.  I also thought a looted leman russ would add some necessary cover fire and that, if possible, some tank bustas or what not with some tank killer weps could keep enemy armor from knocking me out.

Again, thank you much for the info, I'm quite new to Orks and I'd like my first trip out with them to be as successful as possible, but still fun. If anything, I enjoy building and painting the kans.

If I wanted to be normal I'd dedicate 10 hours a day to a cubicle.

Offline O.I.C.

• Ork Skarboy
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 10:36:22 AM »

Disclaimer...

the ork codex is so old they still refer to "rock paper scisors" as dice hadnt been invented yet.

that being said.. they are alil behind the power curve. BUT if you make playing fun, and being an ork your priority. you will never be let down.

Waaagh till your spore falls off!
      OIC