News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 6 pt Orks - aka Too Many Orks?  (Read 598 times)

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
6 pt Orks - aka Too Many Orks?
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:46:25 AM »
Hello all,

If Orks end up being 6 pts each in the new 'Dex (as current rumours seem to indicate) you would, on the one hand, be able to field 50% more Orks for the same points and on the other hand, you would have LOTS more minis to move around every turn.

Opinions:

Would this "kill" Orks for tournaments?  I, for one, always had trouble moving SO MANY ORKS every turn whenever in a tourney because of the time limit.  Unlike WHFantasy, you don't have movement trays, so you have to basically move every single solitary one.  Winning Armies usually have almost no models - and are heavy on tanks.  I am putting easilly 150 Orks/Grotz on the table in a standard 1850 as it is - the move to cheaper (and weaker) Orks would shoot this through the roof.

Now, not saying more Orks wouldn't be cool, but I wonder if just having MORE Orks is the answer we want (in order to make Orks more competitive).  It WOULD probably make the Orks a more powerful force, and we need that.  However, would it also just make them harder to play as a result?

Solenoid
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:47:38 AM by Solenoid »
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: 6 pt Orks - aka Too Many Orks?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:55:15 AM »
This is about a rumoured change. Please keep it in the thread until it is realised. Then the implications of this cost can be discussed here, ok? Thank you.
Have a nice day

*click!*

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.