News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pro's And Con's Idea  (Read 1069 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
Pro's And Con's Idea
« on: January 29, 2005, 05:14:54 PM »
perhaps it would be a gd idea to have a sticky in the General 40k forum displaying the pros and cons of all the armies in 40k? (a general pros and cons one that is) that would hopefully cut down the amount of threads about 'which army should i get', or at least make them easier and quicker to deal with

or is there already one of these and i just missed it?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2005, 05:16:28 PM by Makenshi, The White Cloud »
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
Re: Pro's And Con's Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2005, 05:19:50 PM »
On the other hand, I think it would be better to have something more general saying that "Everyone has their own playing style, their own like in unit looks and their own like in army make-up, and you alone can tell which army that would be suit."  This is because smething that someone could consider a pro of an army could also be considered a con by someone else, and vice versa.  This makes a "pro and con" thing obsolete, because noone would share them.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 05:23:35 PM »
I agree. Pros for one is a con for another. And there is such a post here. Also, the things you write would be subjective, like "tyranids are easy to paint" might be true for some, but they might be very hard for someone else, so it would just be misleading.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 05:26:02 PM »
never mind then, just got a lot of spare time on my hands at the moment and was looking for a project, thought this might prove useful

thanks for your quick replies
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Draza

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: February 2, 2005, 03:36:13 AM »
You could always help with any of the current projects we have on at the moment. The Biel-Tan project is always looking for contributors. If you could help us, that would be great (although Ranger Asteria is the one to talk to)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: February 2, 2005, 07:24:26 AM »
You could always help with any of the current projects we have on at the moment. The Biel-Tan project is always looking for contributors. If you could help us, that would be great (although Ranger Asteria is the one to talk to)

i dont battle enough for a bat rep, am crap at writing fluff for Eldar and am not the best Eldar player around so i don't think i'd be able to contribute anything of good quality

thanks for the suggestion tho

cheers

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #6 on: February 2, 2005, 07:34:02 AM »
There is a Chaos project, a Marine project, an Imperial guard project, an ork projekt.... I am sure you can find something to do with your time, in the appropriate forum.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.