News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: General’s Handbook 2019  (Read 1281 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
General’s Handbook 2019
« on: June 16, 2019, 06:21:22 AM »
The Handbook is nearly upon us, and I’m keen to see what it looks like this year, especially with regards to the Dispossessed and potentially the Gutbusters too.

What about the rest of you?

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: General’s Handbook 2019
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
Changes have come for my three armies. Idoneth actually benefit s good deal from the decent point drops in spite of the small increase in Morrsar Guard.

Daughters of Khaine list will have to change with the point increase of a couple key units.

Sylvaneth, still waiting on the battletome :).
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 09:52:26 PM »
So, the Handbook came out yesterday. What are everyone's thoughts?

How did your armies fare, Calamity?

1 - Idoneth Deepkin: A marginal increase in the cost of the Spear-wielding Morrsar Guard. Everything else got dealt out marginal points reductions, with the Namarti probably receiving the largest. Now that Namarti are quite a bit cheaper, I'm now focused on rebuilding my collection of them and reviving my idea for a combined force list. Stay tuned for that...

2 - Daughters of Khaine: Woooh, the points bat has struck Morathi and her faithful! Witch Aelves have been increased, as have the Khinerai Heartrenders. Blood Stalkers, have received a points drop, as well as the Hag Queen. The list that I was preparing to use can now no longer reasonably accommodate Morathi. However, I think I've found some cool ideas for a list that might work!

3 - Battletome, please >:(

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3 on: July 6, 2019, 12:33:57 PM »
Sorry for the late reply Myen’Tal!

My armies fared pretty well actually, all in all!  The KO got a decent points drop on all of their ships.  Means that you can now fit a comfortable amount of overlords into a 2k list.  You could even fit in a battalion now if you wanted!

Not sure about the Gitz.  I haven’t cross referenced their points yet but hopefully they’re still in a good spot.

And I hope the Sylvaneth tome arrives soon.  They probably regret outsourcing it.  :P

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: July 7, 2019, 09:35:48 AM »
I'm a big fan of the updated matched play missions. Gonna need to make a couple more objective markers, as one of the missions has eight objectives.

We'll still be seeing an update this month for Gloomspite, Skaven, Flesh Eaters, Khorne (And I assume Slaanesh). Those books I assume came out after the handbook was printed. Skaven and Flesh Eaters really need attention, those books are bonkers. Starting a new army, because my Skaven are just crazy strong right now, it's just not fun for my opponents. My Warp Lighting Cannons can do 12 mortal wounds without rolling to hit. I've twice one-shot arkhan the black. The Warp Lightning Vortex has won be games just on it's own.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: July 7, 2019, 10:06:23 AM »
I haven't played against most of the new tomes that came out this year, but I did have the chance to play against Hedonites! I would say that I definitely agree with you about the power level of the new tomes! It's insane when a Slaanesh player is able to summon 90 daemonettes by the end of turn 3... I'm not certain if that's a points thing though, or simply a summoning thing :).

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #6 on: July 7, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »
It's just a couple of the books. Gloomspite, Khorne and the soon to be released Sylvaneth are all at a good power level.

Slaanesh is pretty gross with their summoning, and making folks strike last. But, they don't generate points very well against armies without a lot of multi-wound models. You just have to kill the characters ASAP.

Flesh Eater Courts, Skaven, Daughters of Khaine and Slaanesh are right now the trouble books. Everything else is good.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: July 7, 2019, 02:38:43 PM »
Sylvaneth next week ;D ;D  8)!!!!

• Ancient
« Reply #8 on: July 8, 2019, 05:30:27 PM »
Warhammer Age of Sigmar ? Update Now Live! - Warhammer Community

Updates for Khorne, Gloomspite, Skaven and FEC are up. Skaven and Fec saw a bunch of points increases, as well as change to Gristlegore Always Strike First, and the Range for the Warplighting Vortex. Both are extremely healthy changes.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: July 9, 2019, 01:07:21 PM »
Fyreslayers also got some hefty points increases! Volkite Bezerkers now only come in groups of 10 maximum. Hearthguard cost 600 points to max out a squad! A few changes for the HQs too.

• Ancient
« Reply #10 on: July 9, 2019, 02:44:44 PM »
Fyreslayers also got some hefty points increases! Volkite Bezerkers now only come in groups of 10 maximum. Hearthguard cost 600 points to max out a squad! A few changes for the HQs too.

None of that is new for This update. It's from the battletome. They went up in price, as all fireslayers now have an extra wound. Hearthguard, are probably one of the best units in the game, even at 600pts for a full squad.
« Last Edit: July 9, 2019, 02:46:23 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: July 9, 2019, 03:18:11 PM »
Ah, didn't buy the battletome, so that's news to me. Thanks for the update :).