News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Civil War on Ivalyo VII - A Thirst For Power  (Read 10732 times)

Offline Trokair

Re: Civil War on Ivalyo VII - A Thirst For Power
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »
[OOC]Who blew up the Defiler, and how? I am asking as this will affects how I continue the story with Nor Erlok. I went a bit mad last time. ;)

So for now just some orders. Nor Erlok will drive towards C4 (to aim and capture the object next turn, as he cannot get there this turn). As the Centaur gets near Acer (or if I have misidentified whatever friendly infantry unit is in the bottom of C3) Nor Erlok will offer shelter in the Centaur. Need to get the colonel out of harm’s way). Pot shots at any enemy in range, as I don’t see many on the map in that direction, priority towards anything in C4 (or enemy tanks that turn up).

The Tech-guard will follow up behind on foot (as I think they are out of range to embark on the centaur before it moves, and any way then there would be no room for Acer) shooting or running as seems appropriate. 

Sorry for such vague rambling orders, but I am confused about what is happening on the battlefield.

Story post when I know what I happening.
[/OOC]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:52:51 PM by Trokair »
Sometimes, the best answer is a more interesting question.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2014, 02:33:21 AM »
I try not to give away people's results in the story post... I leave that for them to post. As a hint, it wasn't yourself that blew up the Defiler. :)

You've correctly ID'd the Colonel's unit. If you click the "overview" pic, it gets bigger, and the link to Photo Bucket can be expanded by clicking the magnifying glass in the lower right corner, then clicking it again when the second window pops up. Acer's unit has the "Tree" flag.

Nothing more is in reserve... the Enemy forces have suffered some remarkably good luck on the part of the Ambrasians. *shrug* Not the way I thought this battle was going to play out. :)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2014, 11:15:08 AM »
[OOC Orders. What's left of Cas' unit will hide in the nearby wreckage.  Cas will pause to see if someone else can pop the rhino.  If they can't, she'll fire kraks at it.  If they can, then she'll throw the demo charge and fire her incendiary along with krak grenades at the marines /OOC]
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2014, 10:45:34 PM »
[OOC]

Hi Everyone! I made a brief, yet unexpected, journey outside of the country, but I'm back now. I've rolled out the results [Koval posted orders via PM] and at the end of turn five, all that was left of the enemy was a damaged Rhino. I made intelligent decisions, and by the end of turn 6, nobody died, all objectives were secured, and all enemies had been wiped out.

I will get the results sent out shortly, but I've been too far from home to do anything until tonight. We'll do a round of results posting, then we'll switch to "free form" mode for a couple of weeks while I get the terrain and "models" made up for the final battle.

As such, no orders required this week, I'll try to get the results posted tomorrow night, we'll have the weekend to post up story bits, then we switch to free form mode, wherein the Ambrasians get to decide how to deal with a rather messy situation. PS: The Hydra Marine "Lord" isn't dead just gravely injured, so that he can still talk. For now...

[/ooc]

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2014, 05:05:35 PM »
So, as mentioned, I decided to forgo turn 5 orders, and just had people do smart things, like have Korama continue to try to capture the objective he was after, and had the Northern units work on destroying the Rhino.

To the South, I had Erlock secure the last computer terminal, while everyone else moved to gain LOS to the remaining Rhino, which was unnecessary.

I'm short on time, so I'm just going to summarize what NPC's did, PC's are welcome to fill out their actions as descriptively as they like.

Koval has asked me to step in for his characters for the moment, while real life gets in the way of his online playtime. :) So I'm going to step back to turn 4 for a moment...

Madigan watched as the remainder of the battle force ineffectively had their attacks bounce off the warp-infused armour of the monstrosity in front of her.

"Donaghue, aim for the join in the center of the Daemon engine's back! Same goes for you, Rhodri. The good Colonel isn't going to last long if that monster gets it's claws into him." Madigan ordered.

Given the grim situation, Madigan raised the power levels of the weapons to maximum acceptable limits, then activated a "custom bypass" circuit to overcharge the cannons. The crew was treated to the smell of smoldering insulation as a prize.

"Well boys, it's been nice knowing you. If you've got your target, FIRE!" Madigan yelled. She grinned as she unloaded her Stubber at the machine. Her crew more than made up for their earlier aiming issues, as both weapons hit their target, and Madigan observed the rear of the Daemon melting into a pool on the ground, before an explosion scattered heretical steel far and wide.

She immediately released the bypass switch, and opened the ventilation ports to help exhaust the smell. "Back to the warp with you, you beslubbering Hell-spawn!"

1: Korama kills the last guy in the top right ruin, turn 5. He then succeeds at securing the objective, turn 6.

2: The Marine Squad to the North is killed, and two wounds are applied to Crovax by everyone's shooting on turn 5. Oxnard's boys assault, and subdue Crovax... just. He hacks a chunk out of one of the Ogryns, but they suck it up and keep fighting.

3: Between Madigan, Erlock, and some support fire from a lucky Grenade Launcher, the Storm Troopers are wiped out on turn 5. Erlock disembarks on turn 6, and reclaims the computer from the tech-savy Stormies.

Turn 5 to turn 6....

Oxnard looked down at the still struggling Mah-reen. He seemed lighter than the others were, yet he was ordering them around. He was pretty sure that all Mah-reens were supposed to be big and heavy, like an Ogryn, but this one was almost as light as one of the little'uns. Mah-reens were supposed to order the little'uns around, so it didn't make any sense that a little'un would order the Mah-reens.

He wished Comzar Haltius was still here. He'd be able to explain what he should do. Like what he should do with this one. He wasn't supposed to kill the Leedars. He was supposed to cap-chur them so they could be terror-gated. Terror-gating seemed like it was a bad thing, but he supposed that bad guys would have bad things happened to them. Like the Bad Man.

But that didn't help him now. Everyone else was busy, and the tank was trying to shoot that spider machine dressed in red robes. "Clansmen, stop that tank, I need to think." Oxnard ordered his squad, and they replied with the bark of weapons. He kept looking at the Mah-reen that kept trying to crawl away. "Oh, I know." Oxnard said.

He grabbed the Mar-reen by the ankle. The Mah-reen bellowed, and turned and threw a handful of dirt in Oxnard's face, and continued to struggle. Oxnard blinked the crud out of his eyes, shaking his head as he cocked back his boulder of a fist. " *Wheeze* No! Wait! *Cough, cough* " the Mar-reen protested, as Oxnard brought his fist down through the Mah-reen's knee. It screamed, and curled into a ball. Blood spurted from the amputated limb.

"There, now I can follow you after the fighting." Oxnard informed the Mah-reen.

Story time!

[Fast forward... turn "7"... Everyone is gathered around the mutilated body of Crovax. The battle is won, and decisions must be made on how to proceed. Crovax is alive, and rather unhappy.]

Acer looked down at the wretch beneath him. He could imagine pulling off his armour. Then the rest of his limbs, and whatever passed for genitals on the inhuman monster. Maybe he'd start peeling off skin, then muscle, and then pulverize his bones. And then incinerate the dust, and then exhaust the smoke through the most pure holy water he could find. He wasn't sure what he could do after that, but he would think about that when the time came. It would take a while to find sufficiently pure holy water. Maybe blow the exhaust through some burning promethium. Purity in fire... something like that. Of course, fire after removing the wretch's skin might be an even better order to do things in. So many decisions.

He took a steadying breath. If his rictus grin was frightening, the Mechanicus had done a marvelous job of making him look like a, well, mechanical Daemon when he was furious. Which he was.

Because of him, Quirk was dead. Countless others as well, but Quirk was irreplaceable. A cold way to look at it, but he felt lost without him. He was sure that Quirk was going to be with him to the bitter end, and instead he was reduced to a red mist by that foul beast that came screaming it's obscene language from that Emperor forsaken hole in the ground.

He knew the Traitor would lie. He knew this Crovax would try to twist him to his own ends. It was the way of the Alpha Legion. He'd seen it before. But this Crovax claimed he knew how The Will had gained his power. He was so angry, though, that he couldn't think straight. He couldn't even breathe properly. He kept trying to blow flames out of his mouth. That might make an interesting upgrade, if he ever lost his second lung to a self inflicted Plasma explosion.

His metallic face twitched upwards in a flash of a grin. He was perfectly certain that would never again happen, but he might get his current lung replaced. That would be a merry surprise for his enemies.

He hoped someone would speak. His rage needed to soothe a bit before he could think of anything besides creative ways of annihilating Crovax.

* The Ambrasians have accomplished all of their objectives... so what are you going to do about it?

1: By securing the main entrance, you "unlocked" the possibility of winning the mission. No door, no winning. So good stuff there.

2: You get to choose between directing the blast through the workers, or the refinery machinery. The Ivalyans won't be happy about you killing off their friends. The Ambrasians won't be happy when their technology stops working. Everyone gets a vote.

3: You have the option to safely divert the tram to a known location, where you can collect the supplies that would have otherwise made it to The Will's forces. I did not expect that to happen, since I thought you'd probably have a tough time with this mission. Well done! You were supposed to have to choose between allowing the train to pass through, or causing it to crash, destroying the refinery. Oh well. :) Everyone gets a vote, unless you vote anything that isn't "collect the supplies."

4: Crovax will give you some useful information, and offer to help you against The Will. The Will has something he wants... and will do anything to get it. Everyone gets a vote, as to whether or not the Traitor survives.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 10:26:41 AM by GreatBigTree »

Offline ranger_scout

• For the Emperor and the Imperium!
« Reply #65 on: March 1, 2014, 01:42:28 PM »
Crowding around the dead body a lot of the senior troopers in the regiment looked in horrible shape covered in blood dirt and grime.  Fortunately Lt. Anotonoch had no such problems being in a tank, his uniform is decent condition and only some mud on his boots from the days work.  looking around the faces where grim it seems a lot of casualties occurred today and the Col.'s men was no exception.  Antonoch looked back over his shoulder seeing his russ parked in the field top hatch open smoke lazily pouring out the rear exhaust as his crew are keeping the tank on alert.  Making a sign of the aquila on his chest with his two hands he thanks the emperor for his "luck"  all his crew survived no damage to the tank and 3 vehicles knocked out all in all a good day for Shelly.  Moving his hands back to his side one rests on his belt holstered laspistol's grip casually and the other thumb hooked into his pocket he builds up the confidence to speak and break this deathly silence.

"I would want to keep our regiment going as well as possible sir..." Lt Antonoch says nervously at first to his infuriated commanding officer.  responded by nothing after a 2 second pause he continues

"Obviously the supplies should be secured and used to push our selves further to wipe out the choas and rebel forces."  he voices his thoughts gaining more confidence in his voice

"the refinery should be kept in our hands as more promethium would mean further areas of operation and battlefield assets sir.  let alone running my tank" Anotnoch states and then adds in

Watching Acer breath so heavy Antonoch swears he can hear a whine of servos coming from his chest he continues.

"the Isvalians will have to take the hit too keep the factory, they are likely corrupt any ways  sir.   We are not here to win hearts and minds sir, but to stop a rebel army and now alpha legion forces form taking the planet." 

He stops there and looks around at the other bleak and dirty faces waiting for some one else to back up his opinion or shoot him down

OCC a problem that might be happening is when you modify posts it does not notify me something new has happened on this thread.  Meaning i am only replying now.  if it would be possible maybe if there is a big update to story in an old post a PM could be sent as short as "update in last post"...

Not trying to criticise just thinking of why it could appear interest is down as you are doing a great job. OCC
« Last Edit: March 1, 2014, 06:29:47 PM by ranger_scout »