News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Thread apology  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Hive Fleet Bahamut

• I like to play with my food before I eat it!
Thread apology
« on: February 11, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »
Apparantly when you start a thread at 4:30am you forget somethings..  There were a fair amount of things I left out in the "Brainstorming" attempt I made, and would like to apologize to those who thought I was hating or calling cheese. (Although I would like to point out how quickly people replied, it did catch attention, which was my aim.)  I do not hate any army, understand that they all suit their role and just thought I'd attempt a comparison thread.  It was shot down with hate, and I will make sure to have a more formal and less "cry" like direction with all my bases covered.  I do not think any army is unbeatable, and certainly not the best.  I missed some key things armies have, and this may have moot my post all that more.

I love reading topics on this site and hope that I can continue to be a positive contributor.  It is just a game, (that we ALL shell out the big bucks for) and I had no intention to degrade anything.  I may have gone about it a little rushed, but I still see some validity.  Thank you and my bad. 

Tyranid assimilation brought to you by the letters "Om nom"

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
Re: Thread apology
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:19:45 PM »
I'm glad you like all armies because there are more than few that I absolutely hate. I'd love to go on further and write a quick be-atch about each one. :D

Take it all with a grain of salt, I generally stick with my opinion, apologise (only if I feel like it), and basically just enjoy the anonymisity of the internet (e.g. who cares what some faceless stranger says here, Will being nice here make you money? Cause you physical harm? Make you a better player? Probably not, beslubber 'em!)

And my armies are the best and everyone else's sucks!
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline Hive Fleet Bahamut

• I like to play with my food before I eat it!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
I understand what you mean Jaw, but to be honest I didn't want a hate thread.  I wanted a collaberation of opinions on how one army can safely touch base on most of the others tactics (some ways more effectively others not so much.)  This was not meant to complain that they are the best, simply that one flavour meets all, sort of deal.  I am surprised at the amount of hostility it brought, and can't understand how people get so bent out of shape for reasonings that Jaw mentioned.  You do all realize we are putting the GW employees kids through school for buying little overpriced dolls..

I know Marines are an elite army, and that they should be feared, but the same SHOULD be said about each of the other armies, in their suiting role (there are a few that are almost broken at this current state.)  I also care to some extent because moderators read what you post, and I really don't feel like being banned, just for posting stupid shenanigans.  I do have an opinion, but I am more interested on how others view certain things.  THAT is why I started the post, and that is what keeps me interested in forums.  If I cared solely on what I thought, I wouldn't even use the internet, or any form of communication, reincarnate myself as a deity, and probably end up getting shot up trying to raid parliament, while screaming "bow to me humie, your soul is mine!" or whatever came to mind.  I will do more research though, and attempt it again at a later date, with more evidence.

Tyranid assimilation brought to you by the letters "Om nom"

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 10:56:23 PM »
I also care to some extent because moderators read what you post, and I really don't feel like being banned, just for posting stupid shenanigans.

Being banned is actually an involved process and not a one off offence (unless you're an ad-bot). You'll be on the receiving end of direct and PM messages prior to any banning stage if it were to occur. Only a select few are unable to get the hint or correct their ways prior to the end.  :)
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 05:54:23 AM »
*snip* who thought I was hating or calling cheese. *snip*

I will do more research though, and attempt it again at a later date, with more evidence.

I really enjoyed your first post and liked the way you compared the other armies to the Space Marines. At no time did I think that you came across as hating or whining. I actually agree with what you said about IG being "SM in training" but, as ever with the internet, some people took it far to literally. IMO I think it was locked a bit too soon as I would have liked to have seen a few more replies. Post like this give relative beginners like myself a real insight into the different armies. I for one am now quite tempted to start on my Ork army again after reading your post.
That said I would urge you to read Godofsmallthingys reply before you attempt it again, I think he highlighted quite well the underlying problem with your attempt.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 06:33:07 AM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!