News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Moving battle reports...  (Read 786 times)

Offline *Striker*

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • "Oh, all you have left to fire is the flashlights"
Moving battle reports...
« on: March 11, 2006, 10:01:58 PM »
I noticed the appearance of a couple battle reports on the frontpage somewhat recently.

There are many quality battle-reports in the forums, would it be an idea to copy many of these to be accesible on the front page?

You never know when the forums will need fixing again, and many battle reports could help quench the thirst of 40k onliners. (Is there such a word? :P)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Moving battle reports...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 03:53:14 AM »
Anyone who posts a report on the board is free to submit it as an article (as per the submission guidelines) and it can be migrated to the frontpage. However, the staff and editors are far too busy at present to go through the boards, pick and edit board-entries, and put them up. If you want it up there; submit it like you would any other article.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 05:41:07 AM »
Yep...there is plenty of good stuff, just like there is plenty of it in the fiction forum as well.

The problem here is that we lack the manpower to do this. Getting an article onto the frontpage isn't a simple copy and paste job, the entire formatting has to be redone. It's not much, but even a bit of this repetive manual work is not very motivating for volunteers who don't get paid for it ;)

And things get even more complicated if images are involved. Only very few people have the required priviledges to upload images, as due to the configuration of the content management system the right to upload images comes in a package with full control over the entire frontpage menu structure - and that is something that we don't hand out lightly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 05:43:01 AM by Arcas »

Offline Purple Raine

• The Ultra N00bie
  • Administrator
  • Let's put a smile on that face.
    • About Me
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 09:43:44 AM »
However, I think that's a great idea.  So, we'll need to either develop an easier process, or start to enlist more people.
Just a fan of this awesome site.