News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Brothers and Sisters! Take up arms, Harry Potter is nearly here!  (Read 12443 times)

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
Re:Brothers and Sisters! Take up arms, Harry Potter is nearly here!
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2003, 10:52:55 AM »
The books are banned in 13 american states because they promote witchcraft, and i am sure i reads a story in the [papers a while back about a kid jumping off a blacony with a broomstick.there)

Actually the only Children's book banned in the United States is Harriet the Spy, because it promoted breaking and entering into other people's houses, which IS illegal.  Witchcraft isn't.

;D Since 1953  ;D the broomsticks are on me,

on topic - i hate the whole Harry Potter thing i read one of the books and far from being a slwo reader it took me ages to get through the book its such an obvious childs book, which is fine for CHILDREN but if you wanna read it thats fine by me, J.K.Rowling however i used to respect before she seemed to sell out and get all 'up herself' now i have no respecet or indeed, like for her what so ever.

this is the gun i will use to shoot - its currently under construction at my secret base in palm springs utah wherever the hell that is

consume the magical plant

Offline Deathwalker

• Does that hurt? What about this?
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2003, 11:11:09 AM »
ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... ...........

Harry Potter is the bane of my existence. The books are all well and good (I'm going to read the new one as soon as I can rip it off my sister, I bought it for her as well, I had to knock away the 5 year olds at the bookshop with a a hockey stick)

But I am a splitting image of the guy. (Black hair, tall, glasses you get the picture, put it this way, you know you've got a problem when a 4 year old girl runs screaming from a bookshop yelling "Mummy, Harry Potter's here", cute but ever so embarassing) so I have to put up with s*it about it. It dosen't really bother me that much but it is F*CKING ANNOYING.

Oh, and whoever made the films needs to be taken out, shot repeatedly in the genitals with a 2.2, hanged, drawn and disembowlled with a blunt spoon.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2003, 11:21:25 AM by Deathwalker »
"We live in  the shadows and we had our chance and threw it away, and it's never gonna be the same, 'cause the years are falling like the rain, yeah, it's never gonna be the same, till the old life that I know comes to my house and says...hello!"

Offline Sgt. Dellius

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Domintis Ultramarini
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2003, 02:10:50 PM »
FarseerDel Probelmsolver-o-maticâ„¢
Problem
-your resemblance to one Harry Potter
-low calibre of rifle for groinshots

Solutions
-dye hair or wear contacts. failign that, takle up career as look-a-like
-invest in a bigger gun
 :)

and vice, IT WAS A JOKE ! an attempt  to have Vivi go postal. its not real life! ;D

Offline Battle Sister Aliseiia

• Burn the Pantiethives!
    • KFD Comics
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2003, 02:44:55 PM »
Harry "Heretic" Potter must be exterminated for the sake of mankind.

anyone get my point?

BURN HIM!

Offline Erand

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2003, 03:57:11 PM »
chill out people. its not that bad. Harry potter is a nice relaxing read and there is nothing wrong with it. it has a good plot and she is a masterful writer.

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2003, 02:42:37 PM »
hey, lets put it this way

How many people hate Andy Chambers here?

i know a few hands will come up

how many people like warhammer? c'mon, what are you doing here if you don't?

Same goes with Harry Potter, you don't have to like the Author to enjoy the books

plus, look at it this way, it's a gateway drug, i mean book

do you think kids will stop reading after the 7th book? Only if their eyeballs fall out, and even then there's brail

so, on all those other 'superior' books you folks rant about, they can go read those too afterwards

you know what this is though? Hatred of popular things, everyone does it, at most the stupid ones

Barney, it's cool to hate barney, that's what cool grown up kids do

Pokemon, it's for kids, we're not kids anymore, it's childish, let's hate it

Etc. etc. etc.

i figure that's how you measure popularity, in how much people wind up 'hating' it. That and when Christians start burning stuff.
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Shadow Lord

• \,,,/ Metallica \,,,/
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2003, 02:46:08 PM »
*claps*

Offline BloatedToad

• RIGHT CLAW SOUTH!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2003, 04:48:08 PM »
Yeah, well said.  Can't add much to that, thank goodness kids are reading something.......
The blood drive is nothing but a pyramid scheme set up by Dracula and his evil minions.  The Bus of the Undead is likely involved as well............