News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Grizzly's Xenos, Mechs and Pointy ears !  (Read 30190 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: The grizzly's Eldar, Arvandor Craftworld,
« Reply #20 on: May 6, 2015, 07:35:44 AM »
Thats really cool Grizz. I think that is an awesome story. I love the tale of the Autarch it really sets the tone of for your army. The consideration you gave to your Craftworlds position is also really cool too. Thats a big thing for my Corsairs as well. Man being caught between the Blood Angels and Chaos Space Marines is SERIOUS business. I love how it necessitates a dependence on Dark Reapers it makes total sense. Very cool stuff Grizz can't wait to see more!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #21 on: May 6, 2015, 08:12:49 AM »
You know man reading that from you put a huge smile on my face :D I know how much your armies is thougt fluff oriented and that's i want to follow if possible. That's why i looked at the model i like and oriented my fluff in a way i would be able to field them. I love my avatar and the banshee model but i think that if they were not played together they would not be very efficient. However, if there is an avatar running with a blob of banshee my opponents will likely try to kill the avatar while the banshee will arrive untouched or if he decide to attack the banshee the avatar and the other most important unit will run over him.
I have 6 dark reaper one of them i need to convert as an exarch, last time i had them i they did wonder with only 3 of them so i think they are going to be awesome as a unit of 6. Maybe i will split them in two squad to have better coverage of the battlefield, i have yet to finish building up/painting  my army. So with this kind of guide line I have a way i want to go. The reapers model are also old one so i can kind of justifies they're apparence by the long tradition in reaper shrine at the craftworld.
Spyder are present aswell because mobility is key against strong cc opponents, if you can out-distance them you can survive.

In battle i will try to emphatise the trust relation between the autarch and the farseer by having them trusting each others back and using of there experience in there respective field to guide the army to victory. Farseer leading the guardians (do we see the premise of a guardian host here?), and the autarch leading the aspect warrior in the mist of battle (do i ear aspect host here? Some fishy things going on out there).

I'm hoping to get the autarch/farseer duo +flyers + reapers to be my armies signature point. In lower point game this will not happen but in 1850/2000 points game, wich is the format i'm looking to achieve at some point, it should be just fine, hopefully.

Well things are of course subject to change if my opponents and i decide to set conditon for exemple no flyer, we will then come up with a fluffy reason not to do so ^^

I will not be at home for a few days so i will not be able to advance any painting. Therefore i might do some more fluff post.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2015, 03:28:50 AM »
Now go and post it on Your Eldar Army on the elder section for all to see. (I'd make the link but don't know how)

grumble grumble, now I'm gonna have to come up with my fluff story.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2015, 04:41:46 AM »
Heheh I'm sorry dread it's good to see you want to had some fluffy things to your craftworld, your medusa or i don't remember what, really had a few cool color and the back ground seems inyresting so that be great if you could had some :)

I want to had a few things before posting it to the "your eldar army" thread. So not for now :D btw shouldn't i post it in your craftworld background thread more than the "your eldar army" thread?

Should i do this through a link or should i do it by packing all the background post i will make in one whole post?

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2015, 06:50:00 AM »
Thats all very cool stuff Grizz. BTW I think Banshees can be played very easily without the benefit of the Avatar. Even against toughness 4 models on the charge you will get enough kills to win combat (if not wipeout) and Banshees are now great against units of say 10 Imperial Guardsmen or Tau as well since they are very cheap (same cost as an Avenger).

However if you REALLY want to rock them alongside the Avatar I'd recommend watching some of Scorpion82's videos on youtube. He's a master of using the Avatar (and Wraithlords too). He has the movement phase completley figured out with him and is the master of holding him back till about turn 3 and then moving out and claiming mid-field objectives. If you run him in concert with the Banshees you'll own big chunks of the mid-field. Check him out his channel is a real jaw dropper.

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2015, 01:10:58 PM »
pics for your army section and fluff in the background section and links would be great too.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2015, 03:36:04 PM »
looking good!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #27 on: May 8, 2015, 08:54:29 AM »
Well hello guy's as i said more fluff this week :D

I've come up with some Fluffy justification for a few things ^^  so let's get started.

In a Eldar armi, all the unit must work together for them to be able to outclass there opponents, that precision strike and use of the perfect unit for the perfect situation are descision taken by the autarch. The autarch must be respected enought by all the shrine exarch to be able to make them move the way he wants to. In Arvandor Autarch where not like. Neither where they numerous, 2 of them so to say. Ereden who was still training and his predessor, Alrinua. Alrinua was a brillant strategist but never was a fierced combatant compare to an average autarch, his fighting ability was much lower, he had followed the path of command because of his brillant mind but he was nearly traped in this path by the chess game he was playing with the enemy unit and his unit. He had no power and no appeal to the different exarch who never fully trusted him. But that was not the only one they would not trust. The different aspect where fighting and rivalising with each other. Even if paired they would never trust each other's back, and would compete to know wich one was better, going berserk and quitting formation for the sake of foolish pride and war achivement. When Ereden came back to the craftworld and started training, he was alreday sharp with how pepole interact with each other. Ranger have to cooperate as a team while being vastly different in personallity and everyone must do his part for things to work out properly, wich make it easy to have conflict and tension. In the immensity of sapce this is not allowed so you must find a way to get everyone settled. He had become a real master at this. When ever there was a problem in the ship, it was him that the other would come get. So when he came back, the tension in between each aspect was clear for him. When he informed his newly made Friend the Farseer Sulrista, that one only answerd that unifying the army was his job to do as a commander not the one of a farseer.
Left in a pinch and faced with this problem, he had no choice but to overcome it and find a solution to it. There was no way he could rely on Alrinua for this as it was clearly not his field of expertise. So he decided to see everythings from the inside, and then take a decision. He had spoke with Sulrista again and this one had informed him that no war was too come to them before he could finish his training with each aspect. The training was hard and he more than once did not understood very well what he was doing. Yet things went and on the day with was entrusted with the position of autarch he decided to make the step that would lead his craftworld to unity. He convocted every Exarch on the craftworld.  None of them was whilling to do it but a summon from a just ascended autharch is not something you have the right to be doing in eldar society. Ereden waited for all the Autarch to be here before making his entrance getting himself quite a few annoyed glare. He Explained them that this kind of behaviour would no longuer be tolerate and that they will have to follow his order starting this points. not a single one of the exrach expect for his former spyder teacher agreed to this. Getting all exited and yeiling in the room. Slamming his scorpion sword against the wall with the teeth grinding against it, Ereden got himself the silence again. He Explain them he was expecting such an uproar so he had designed a way to settle things. He would challenge every single one of the temple to a duel with there best warrior. If he was to defeat the student the Exarch would have to aknowledge him and follow his instruction. However if he lost, the Exarch would be able to do anything. He wanted during a war. His squad would be free and could pick any target and any fight however they wanted on the battlefield. This was accepted everyone. And There began his fight for unification. Every day he would challenge a new temple, and any day he would perfect his hown technique defeating every single one of the student he faced. He had learn the art of khaine from everyone, he was the closest an eldar could be from what khaine was in combat. After 3 full month of combat, he had deafed every student. In human time this is a pretty long time, but in eldar this was a super short period. He once again convoked every Exarch. There in front of the Avatar room He gave his first Order, competion where to be stopped in the crafworld. Every temple to a bone singer and change there color. Every one from that day should arbour the same Blood Red color on there ritual weapon. This would show that even if they are not used the same way they still are build for the same purpose, bringing death to the craftworld foes. In the next war the Fury and strenght of Arvandor army roared and destroyed there enemy. This marked the start of the legend of the burning blade of Arvandor, lead by the Autarch Ereden Ohta.

@Dread : I will post everything in dew time, as i'm not done yet with the army painting so I think i will post a pick once all the army is painted. Regarding the Fluff i shall post it rather soon but once everything is said here i guess :D

@Cavalier : Well i Know that's not a must but... I kinda want to have them both at the same time, anyway banshee should see some plays in my game at some point :D I like the modeland they are viable again after all :D so i will have field them that's for sure ^^ Next is Stricking scorpion 82 ... I love what that guy is doing. His vidéo are really good and very intresting to watch no matter what army you play that i will have to agree. But He really annoy me with his scorpion + bullamphetamine parrot youtube chain. He already put publicity all over the place in his video, there was no need for him to make people to see the full content of his video. I mean come on i Hardly have enought money to buy minis or paint, if i need to pay to see his eldar battle report that's just too much. I mean come one i watch a bit what he posted on his scorpion + and there is like more than 70 % of his video in there. all the eldar battle report since the codex uptade have been posted ther it's like he is telling the people that watch him for the eldar video to pay him to have them... and that annoy me. even more when i count the number of commercial in his 1h video. Long story short i would like to watch what he does but because he make me pay for it i won't watch it that's as simple as that. I would not care the ammount of commercial if his video were free of fee. There you have my thought. I am thinking the same about Miniwargaming, but to a lesser degree. They have equal ammount of content on the free side of there video at least and, they also have extra super intresting content in there paying video wich justify it in my opionion.

@Rx8 Speed : hey thank you for dropping by, the comments, even if short, are really apreciated.

Next time wich might actually be today, I will come back with the reason the different temple have those color in there armor. That's one of the things i thought when building up there color theme. So i think telling you guy's about this should a good thing :) and might interest a few.

Thank you all for stoping by,  and please come again.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2015, 08:04:34 AM »
Hey Grizz. Awesome stuff... love the dedication you put into your armies background. Autarchs4Life!

About Scorp82. First off I had no idea there were commercials in his videos. I use Adblock on my web browser so I never see advertisements on youtube (or any other site). Secondly while I understand a pay-site on youtube could rub people the wrong way, as someone whose done a lot video editing I can tell you its VERY lengthy, tedious and frustrating process. Just waiting for the HD video to render (meaning prepping it for editing) can take hours, never mind the hours of actual editing, and filming and the cost of equipment.

Also about the Scorpion82+ channel I guess as an older player whose got the cash for less than $10 a month I think its great value. My brother and I plug the laptop into the TV and watch the bat-reps likes its a movie. I think the quality, enjoyments and hobby inspiration it gives me far surpasses 95% of 40k internet content I find on the internet and the way they stay within the spirit of the game is a great example for everybody of how fun the game can be.

I'm a big time supporter of my favorite youtubers and podcasters (outside of 40k especially) who put out far better content than what you see on TV and in the theaters and without a little fan support the time and cost to produce such great content can make it impossible to continue to produce content. I've seen so many great youtubers, and podcasters burn out and fade away and if they had just gotten a little financial support from all their fans I know they could have continued. But hey if you don't have the money I totally understand your frustration as I'd be dying not knowing what cool videos he's got hidden away! :)

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2015, 01:18:12 PM »
I to loved scorp82's channel.
The work he does is really unique in the field of battle reports with beautiful terrain and excellent editing. However I am saddened to say that his new channel is not available where I live.
Still I always look forward to his free content and feel back stories are great.
His tables are exemplary IMO.
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 12:27:16 PM »
Hello there people of the internet how are you doing? I'mdoing great, pretty annoy by a few irl things but out of this I am slowly getting my army painted :D

So for today have a look at my newly finish banshee, this will be my color theme for the first squad of this aspect.

So to go along this. I've come with a piece of fluff for you.

Let's begin with the hawk, I guess you all (reader of this post) have seen the hawk I posted a few days ago. This guy's have the color theme of the Blast Approach temple. This swooping hawks have a tradition of attacking thought the dust generated by the explosion created by their fellow eldar allies. The opponnents they faith only see white wing and metal flash before getting completly anihilated in a rain of lazer shot. The temple was created by a young eldar that wanted to make the swooping hawk approach more efficient, he tried incoporating the steath of the striking scoprion into his flight and came up with this approach. That temple have since then always been at the point of attack of Arvandor's strike force, fighting in the midlle of the enemy line before taking flight and reatreating once there obejctive have been accomplished.

The second temple I'm going to lay out before you is the Demon Cry from the Howling banshee aspect. This temple was the first temple created after the eyes of the terror appeared. The crafworld had been facing hordes of daemons for 100 years or so when the temple was created. An howling banshee that find herself being trapped in the path chose to create a temple that would bear the color of the eldar swoarn enemy puppets, Slaanesh daemonets. She thought that she could more easily hide among them and make it harder for them to notice wich was their friends and wich was there foes. Not that it actually worked to the perfection but what is sure is that they were at laest as fearse as their opponents. The Cry of those banshee reasoning on the battlefield was usually sign of dangerous foes coming to the eldar. This temple tactics were based onto the best defence is offence and so they were either running ahead of the pack to kill incoming foes or staying just near the pack so that they could take on the few rushing foes that were coming for close combat fight. They are one of the temple that like the presence of the Avatar of Khaine, with this they become more of the daemons they look up to by there color. Even if they are foes, the daemonette are a good inspiration when it comes to fighting. The Arvandor eldar learned the hard way that their surviving was hard for them. So they decided that everythings they could learn from would be used to learn, even if that mean sometimes becoming a demon on the battlefield.

there you go hope you enjoyed what do you guy's think. Next fluff things should be either my reaper color either my spyder color, or may be the story of the craftworld around the fall, wich i did not tell you yet.

Thank's for reading. And see you later :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:41:33 AM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »
So far so good. Glad you're enjoying this so much, you remind me of me years back, so I live thru ya'lls little stories and try to paint. Been hard with working all the time now. Hopefully I will have some up to show soon. Well done my friend.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 01:52:15 PM »
Hey Griz love the new hobby progress. The paint scheme is very unique and looking pretty dang clean.  Love your dedication to the Banshees as well. Hope you do some more bat-reps when you get a chance... looking forward to your play experiences. I've got no Eldar buddies in my area so I'm always on the hunt for the experience from the frontlines with units I don't use. Keep it up!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 06:30:59 PM »
Hey guy's, what's up? I'm doing fine.

Today it's hobby time :D. I wanted to do this on Sunday but could not finish in time :)

So first i was hoping to bring you my falcon finished but i beslubbered up in the painting of the spirit stone... was my first try and i went totally of track ><. Well once i resolved this i will show you :)

So for now you guys will have to get satisfied with my dark reaper ^^. That's probably the aspect the closest to the original color. I went for black for the armor, grey for the underlying part, purple for some piece and the fabrics. Of course red for the weapon and some orange on the helmet. I just hate doing hightlight on black and i'm not satisfied with mine. If you guys have any tips i would gladly take them. I used white scar and then i washed it with null oil to darken it a bit. Do you think it's just my skill that are lacking.

Please take note for further development that this is a repear from the metal skull temple.

Oh! And there you have a pic with all 3 aspect warrior painted so far.

That will be all for the hobby tonight :D. Stay tuned, update should come in during the week.

@dread thank's friend, your kind words really go to the heart. Well i hope you were enjoying yourself as much as i do because i'm having a great time. Do you like my lil' story cause I was wondering what people thought about it. I'm going to had some more ;) stay tuned.

@Cavalier Thanks buddy :D Speaking about clean them i have all painted/partly painted army sitting on my desk and the other day i was looking at it and i was thinking m: "beslubber yeah this looks fantastic as a whole i defenetly like my choice" ... btw it's far from being slick, the crappy pictures quality helps making it look like so but i'm not satisfied. Eldar buddy... Well I feel less solo in this situation as i don't have any eldar player in my gaming group either, but that's probably because i don't know much people :) So of course I will do batrep when i can but to do this I need to play games wich is difficult to handle with my studies at the same time. I don't think i will be playing banshee any time soon, as i intend to play them in larger points game (than what i'm doing right now), where i can field an avatar without it being too much a point sink, so for now you will have to satisfy yourself with spyder and vyper comments, sorry bro... or not... i just thought a list with banshee... I will need to investigate my ideas. So yep as soon as i get some game in i will be sure to let you know.

Thank again you all for following the adventures of such a crappy painter as myself^^.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 06:38:53 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 11:26:49 PM »
Your story has a really nice edge to it. Keeping true to Eldar ways in my eyes. It also has an air to it on how to stop segregation among an immense society.

I've had some bad health issues thru this year but getting stronger and hope to get to painting again soon. I do enjoy it but for some strange reason my once steady hands have begun to shake. Age has a lot to do with it I think. I have been doing some work on my Harli's and conversions on my wild riders, adding in the scat las's and shur cannons. Hope to get more paint done soon.

BTW, you're not a crappy painter. With experience and trial and error you will be able to achieve great things, just look forward, not back.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2015, 04:56:10 AM »
Thank's dread sadly i can't find anything but that's some really kind word you say there. Doesn't this give you a déjà vu feeling?

I kneew you weren't doing to hot this year so i really hope you can get better soon. You are one the person i talk the more when i started on this forum so you are an really important fellow eldar player to me :D
Are you that old that age is getting your hand unsteady?  If that can ease your pain, I'm still young and my hand are far from being steady. May be a lack of technique on my end but i was never the most efficient with my hand to begin with ><

I am still a crappy painter, my level and speed are far from being that of people with as much hobby behind them as me. Well we have to aknowledge the fact that for me it's because i'm more intrested in playing than painting. Even if that's not as much the case this day, posting here and having things to discuss helping in the process, I'm more intrested in the playing part of the game, putting my army and out play my opponents that's where i enjoy myself the most. Please take note that so far I am really not good at this >< too much tunnel vision, but when it works, it feels sooooooo good ! Can't stop liking it. So I'm gonna try and try again more and more to achieve this. But that will be for when all my dude are painted >< wich is far from being the case right now. Seems like the painted one perform better than the non painted one. Well this is not the debat here. To get back to the crappynes. I don't hink of me as a good painter that's why I say things the way I say them. I don't look to much at the past , neither am I looking at the future so to say. What i'm sure is that since i'm enjoying having cool mini's i'm enjoying a lot painting them and taking the time to paint them compare to when i once started the hobby four years back. Well back in the day I didn't know what color i wanted them to be so that does not help does it >< Now things are different^^ So I'm enjoying improving and trying new things on the minis. Only one aspect left and all my color will be figured out, wich will make for some faster paintin starting this moment as it will be industrial painting as I like to call it.

Stay tunned people ;)

Offline The Reborn

• I'm being out-gunned by a darn Carnifex....
  • Armies: Eldar, Harlequins.
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2015, 06:05:29 AM »
Hey Grizz,

they are coming along nicely mate. :)

You are not a crappy painter, just have a bit of confidence in yourself and keep plugging away.  Practice makes perfect as the saying goes...

My advice would be to thin your paint down a little perhaps, just be patient and build-up in layers rather than using thicker paint for definition.  Also, try to spray the undercoat in several thin layers, rather than in one go or two goes.  When you paint on jewells, go for a contrasting colour.

Looking good though, keep it up man.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2015, 06:48:23 AM »
Yeah definitely not a crappy painter. Everybody needs to start somewhere. Trust me you should see of the armies at my store... its not pretty! But even armies that aren't all super-slick looking when they are fully painted, with nice clean application and consistent color choices it makes for a very good looking army and thats all that matters.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2015, 02:13:41 PM »
Grizz, you're being too hard on yourself.  As the others have said, everyone had to start somewhere.  You've seen my recent paint jobs, but you would probably be surprised to find out earlier works were worse than yours... much worse.  I mean, they were beslubbering terrible.  I have nightmares still lol.

Don't worry about painting quickly, that is a skill that comes later and is definitely not one that is needed.  I know guys that spend 10 to 12 hours painting a single model because they want to nail every detail, but those are the guys that are painting for commission or competition.

As Reborn suggested, try thinning down your paints.  The way I recommend doing it is a wet palette.  What you do for that is take a shallow plastic container, a kitchen sponge, and some parchment paper.  Fill the container with enough water that it only reaches half way up the sponge after it has absorbed as much water as it can.  Then cut the parchment paper to fit the sponge and put it on top.  Transfer some paint from the pot to the paper and add a drop or two of water to the paint.  The water will thin it down and the wet palette will prevent the paint from drying out for quite a while.

You may also want to try layering your paints to give some depth and transition to the colours.  You can kind of see it in these pictures, particularly the second picture where it is showing the black side of the Starweavers.  You can see it best on the one on the right how there are distinct lines, each a slightly brighter shade than the last.  I do that with every model I paint, even on a small armour plate.  If you scroll up from there and look at any of the shoulder or knee pads on my Troupes, the blue is done with a 4 colour process.  You can't really tell from the pictures as they don't do the models justice, but the point is the work is there.

I just hate doing hightlight on black and i'm not satisfied with mine. If you guys have any tips i would gladly take them. I used white scar and then i washed it with null oil to darken it a bit. Do you think it's just my skill that are lacking.
Not your skill, just your knowledge on what works.  One way to highlight black is to go with the simple edge highlighting.  Instead of using white, I would say use Eshin Grey.  Personally, I have found that the best way to paint black is to paint it grey instead.  If you go back to the picture I linked, it shows what I am talking about. 

The thing with painting black is that if you just leave it as black it looks very flat.  But light can still make black look different depending on the shading.  The way I do black is to pick an area that will remain black, then I mix in some Eshin Grey to raise the shade a bit and apply that around the area.  I keep following that process until I am painting straight Eshin as the final highlight.  It still looks black on the table, but it shows the definition and curves on the model.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 05:57:52 PM »
... Thank you all for the kind word i beleive i'm because i'm not as good as i would like to be but I know that there is better reference than myself for crappyness. Well looking at my guy's compared to what i was painting 4 years back i surely have improved ^^ I'm just not the guy with monstruous self confidence therefore unless i achieve really good level i will never see myself as good enought.
And I just got the aspect warrior tittle so that boost my confidence a bit aswell :). Thank you all for the support in this thread as it surely helped in the PoC decision, to have you guy's commenting in there :)

So, let's stop here with the thanks and get down to business.

@The Reborn: yep i know contrasting color... don't have one right now, i will need to buy some paint^^ the best i can do for now is yellow but i just though a way to do something blue with the paint I have right know, will do it and tell you how it came out as soon as i can^^. Thining seems to be gold but on ly orange it did nlt work well as the arange was not coveri g anythingtl begi  with and it got worst while diluted. Yet with other maint k shall remember it, tried that on the black a bit bellow it worked nicely. Do you have any tims to hlw thin should a paint be?

@Cavalier I will be sure to make a groum shot once one of my unit of guardian is painted :D I really think that this army color theme work best when together^^

@GML: All hail GML!  ...  what did you expect ;) ok for the wet palette i have a way to do it without the sponge but i was to lazy to do it, seeing how tempeture is riskng fast here in south france, I will surely be more diligent with this starting now :) ok for the thin paint will try it, but do you have a way for me to tell if a paint is thin enought. I shall test that grey things ylu just mentioned but i don't have any dark grey, do you think mixing one up starting with black and adding celestia grey or white scar would do?

Coming in hot just out of paint and because of the excitement from the PoC title here is my wraithlord, did the base and repainted the daemonette hide of the weapon into black to match the changed color theme from what I was thinking to do in the beginning. Please note that spirit stone haven't been painted yet and they shall be soon, once it's done i will post it in the painting challenge and mut a link to it in my next post.

Well since there is a tyranide head lying on the floor in blood i think i will make tbis guy an auto include in my game vs tyranide. Btw i plan to make him a blade on the back of his hand, kinda like in game the monk type weapon, but with no green stuff it will have to wait. My weapon load out will surely change the moment I field him, surely going for starcanon and scatter or starcanon and shurican or the cheaper shurican scatter, plus ghost sword of course but that's not yet decided so I will just wait and see later on what i do :)

For the fluf of this guy, it's power by an ancient autarch that died a few centuries ago, that was named Shalec Sismotu. He had spend most of his time in compagny of dark reaper and stricking scorpion making him as good of a fighter from a far than from up close. He was summoned back from the infinity circuit shortly after his death because he had been recognised as one of the pilar of the eldar force of Arvandor, his battle insight against swarming enemy was second to none in the craftworld. Such a precious eldar was therefore nessecary to the craftworld in therme of strategic opinion and fighting power.

For the Dark Reapers i showed you a few days ago, there temple embodie perfectly the saying : Death comes to what the reaper see. There temple metal mask is here to mimik the avatars one. They think that they are the eyes of khaine. Where khaine stop his glare, only ashes and death remain.

... While redaing again what i just wrote i just thought i had wreaten quite a cool sentence to finish my dark reaper color review ><

Well that will be all for today :) Hope you enjoyed, btw i really loved painting this base and the tyranide head on it (wich was lightning fast to do i was really surprise looking at how good it came out), I think once i'm done with eldar (wich is not before long) I might switch to tyranide.

Stay tuned for the spirit stone rain coming in soon ;)