News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 3  (Read 33660 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 3
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
Caelia shrugs her shoulders, sighs, and prepares to follow the others as they head for the town.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2013, 11:18:15 AM »

Moving through the open gate you can spot no guards, and the braziers inside are unlit and cold.
You are on a narrow street leading up to what appears to be the back of the town church, with the base of its steeple rising above you.
There is an absolutely eerie silence here, with nothing stirring.
The doors to the four closest houses, two on each side of the narrow street, are all closed.

The order is then as follows - Gimli (as he was keen on that ale) followed by Rudolph, Nellin, Thod, Lori and Caelia.

I also need to inform you that the timer for this mission is now running. This is not based on actual time, but on the number of turns. I cannot tell you more at this point.

Next update December 23rd (last update this year)

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2013, 11:41:26 AM »
To Gimlis great disappointment, there dosent seem to be any further sign towards the tavern inside of the tavern. Angrosh must really be testing him. Almost able to smell the ale, Gimli is determined to kick down as many doors as it takes to find it.

Gimli opens the door to the south.

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »
Caelia loads her crossbow and covers the other heroes.  The confined area of the town will make taking shots difficult, so she nods to the others to proceed with taking the lead.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2013, 01:06:19 PM »
Gimli opens the door to the south.

I will interpret that as the western door to the south, as that is the one Gimli is standing by, alright?

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2013, 01:47:46 PM »
Oh yes, i didnt even notice the other one  :P

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »
Rudolph unhitches his shield from his back and pulls his his sword free from his scabbard perhaps the new girl was right something wasnt right about this town, he'd been in empty towns before sacked towns even towns hit by plague and they all felt more alive than this town. Lori meanwhile was lamenting the loss of youth and the depressions of age thinking that perhaps a drink wouldnt be too bad at all
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2013, 07:26:42 PM »
Thod shifted uncomfortably. This new armor really didn't feel right yet. He also hated being stuck in the middle of the group. Hard to swing a giant sword when you may hit one of your mate - they tend to not like that too much...

So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 03:43:55 AM »

Gimli puts his shoulder to the door but it appears not only closed and locked, but barred from the inside.
The other houses appear to be the same - barred from the inside, with no response to knocks or shoulders to the doors. You can hear nothing from inside, and even though you do not have elven ears you are reasonably sure it is not because people are being quiet inside, but because there is actually nothing moving or breathing in the building. There is no light from under the doors either.

The timer ticks on...

Next update January 2nd of the future year 2014

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 10:48:09 AM »
Put yer back into it ye pathetic youngling Lori bellows from back in line, i get a mighty thirst on and after all ye blathering about beer i needs a drink.
rudolph stares up at the roof tops, "guys its too quiet here i dont like it best we get inside somewhere before something goes wrong and lets face it with the amount of noise gimli was making whatever is here knows we are too.
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »
"If there's no way through, we must go around" Caelia calls from the back.  "It looks as though we'd need a set of lockpicks to open these doors at best, or a magical device at worst.  Let's press on.

Just a note guys that having played as Heroquest/Advanced Heroquest GM many times, a timer is normally very bad news for the heroes, so we don't want to be too slow in terms of exploration here, otherwise we could end up in a lot of strife ;).

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2013, 06:09:13 PM »
Gimli wondered how much more he had to endure. Try as he might, his alcohol deprieved muscles are no match for the solid door. Just as Gimli is ready to finally surrender to his fate, he notices the town church. And he has yet to see a church without a well equipped wine cabinet. Without a further second of hesitation, Gimli tightens his grip on his axe and moves towards the church.

Gimli moves to the west till the church wall and into the direction of a door into the church, if he should see one. Otherwise he continues on north. 

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2013, 05:48:41 AM »
"Does that dwarf ever think before he lumbers off?" Caelia mutters quietly as she advances more cautiously, following the other heroes deeper into the town.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #33 on: January 2, 2014, 06:32:57 PM »
Rudolph looked up at the tops of the buildings, something was here, something was watching, with no idea what he decided to follow the dwarf regardless of what was watching he doubted it would let the dwarf walk around town unmolested.
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #34 on: January 4, 2014, 05:49:35 AM »

Moving down the narrow street and skirting south of the church the group comes to the next crossing. Moving around the corner two forms come shambling out of the darkness. They growl, their flesh almost falling off their bones as they advance.
They cling to Gimli but fail to damage him.

The two shambling creatures win the surprise-roll (yes, you have no elf now) and advance.
As the undead win the surprise-roll they act first and advance on Gimli, but fail to hit him. Twice.

Next update January 8th

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 4, 2014, 07:01:02 AM »
"Undead, I knew it" Caelia curses.  Her hatred for the rotting corpses fighting Gimli clear for the others to see.  She draws her crossbow, but is unable to get a clear shot, so leaves the fighting to the others for now.

Caelia will stay at the back, and cover the heroes from the rear, just in case anything shambles around the corner.  She's not moving away though, as becoming isolated from the main group would be a very bad idea.

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #36 on: January 4, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »
As Gimli walks around the corner more obstacles block his way. Trying to focus his gaze, Gimli clearly recognizes those obstacles as townfolk. Maybe finally someone able to help him on his long and most arduous search. Gimli was just about to ask for the way to the closest tavern, as he notices the two people seemingly trying to bite him but missing him due to his shaky and alcohol deprived movements. Strange customs, Gimli thinks, when he suddenly notices, now that the two people where closer, that they obviously had seen better days, with their lack of skin, flesh, eyeballs... and then it hit him, those aren't people at all, but zombies! And they where blocking his path! Feeling a familiar frenzy, he aims a blow at the zombie in front of him.

Gimli attacks the zombie to the west.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #37 on: January 4, 2014, 06:11:10 PM »
Rudolph knowing the Dwarf to be are hardy fella unlike our new compatriot without hesitation removed one of his brand new pistol and fires it straight into the unengaged zombie (im right that the melee means i have a penalty to hit and a chance to get gimli but hes on T7 right now plus he's drunk)

Lori however stuck at the back desperately tries to see whats going on " Out the way Longshanks ye in ma whey"
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #38 on: January 4, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »
(im right that the melee means i have a penalty to hit and a chance to get gimli but hes on T7 right now plus he's drunk)

Gimli is T11 and he is not drunk (though he would really like to be)  :P

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #39 on: January 4, 2014, 07:31:53 PM »
Thod, disgruntled at once again being cut out of the action, spits towards the nearest zombie and watches for his chance to engage
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.