News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k online Convert An Army Comp (Entrant Thread)  (Read 44274 times)

Offline Dead_git

Re: 40k online Convert An Army Comp (Entrant Thread)
« Reply #41 on: December 6, 2007, 04:10:01 PM »
Ok Here i shall build my evil laboratory and create through extensive genetic and surgical modifications create monsters and warriors to serve my every whim...

-and in english-

I havent been able to start yet but i'm planning make a small dark eldar force of mad scientist creations, with no link to chaos ;D

My list for the moment is as follows

3 Heamonculi
5 Grotesques
20 Warriors
5 Hellions

Pics will come soon i hope

Offline 666_Mutley_666

• Mass debating - a filthy group habbit!
« Reply #42 on: December 6, 2007, 04:14:06 PM »
Ok Here i shall build my evil laboratory and create through extensive genetic and surgical modifications create monsters and warriors to serve my every whim...

-and in english-

I havent been able to start yet but i'm planning make a small dark eldar force of mad scientist creations, with no link to chaos ;D

My list for the moment is as follows

3 Heamonculi
5 Grotesques
20 Warriors
5 Hellions

Pics will come soon i hope

*slowly backs away with with hands in the air*
oink is a nancy!

Offline Dreades

• Imperial guard for teh win...OMG!!!
« Reply #43 on: December 7, 2007, 04:37:12 AM »
well i bought green stuff and empire outriders to mutilate and turn into rough riders today.
now this is my first ever attempt at greenstuff so be nice.

and here is some others
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/dreades/mattswarhammer004.jpg
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa74/dreades/mattswarhammer005.jpg

he still needs a head detail and a lance and ill be useing the cape from sprue.

dreades
The imperial guard is comprised of real men... they go to war in nothing but a paper vest (well it may as well be)
unliek those space marines and their fancy pancy adamantium armour....panzies!

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #44 on: December 7, 2007, 06:54:06 AM »
Your GS is really good for the first attempt. Doing things in multiple sessions does help (for me at least) and for an idea on Lances.... Spears are a plenty amoung Fantasy gamers so I have found that some trading or cash can get you a crap load of Dark Elf, etc Spears, then all you have to do is trim/fix the arm, add banners etc, and your good to go.

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Chillin Mickey

• Beware of my five turn plan...
    • Join Boot Camp or Die!
« Reply #45 on: December 7, 2007, 11:22:03 AM »
I'm going to reserve this space before there are too many replies.  I don't have my models with me right now so no pictures.  I might throw up some concept drawings that I made.

I'm building a Mechanized IG army based on the warsaw pact.  I'm drawing a lot of inspiration from the period of East German history when they were armed and equipped with Soviet Russian weapons and eqiptment.  Add in some Czech (lasguns with vz 58 style folding stocks) and Polish (wz 63 laspistols) army and we will have a regiment.  A lot of the conversion focus is going to be on field gear, I always felt the plastic cadian models were under equpped (and I will also be making their armor less rediculous).  I'm going to be converting them with winter scale of issue (thats commie speak for the stuff you wear) gas mask bags, bed rolls, bread bags, and a rifle sling (something I feel is missing as it is probably the most important 'tactical' accessories).

I'm probably going to shoot for a 750 point list of dismounted Motor Rifles and expand form there.  I don't want to set the bar too high before I know what I am capable of finnishing, especially since I'm starting later than everone else.  That and I have this lingering fear that they will get rid of the mechanized army in the new codex (and then how will I be able to practice soviet all arms motor rifles combat?).

So watch this post like NKVD, more information will be released in the future.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #46 on: December 7, 2007, 08:38:22 PM »
I have so far built, 4 yet-to-be-converted dark eldar warriors. Good thing we have a long deadline. At my pace, this'll take a while.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
« Reply #47 on: December 8, 2007, 03:10:24 AM »
I have officially finished the sarge of squad one. Unfortunately, I can't take pictures until the end of December, as it seems that all electronicall devices that I touch mysteriously grow legs and walk away.

Mr.Squid
« Last Edit: December 8, 2007, 06:14:33 PM by Mr.Squid »
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
« Reply #48 on: December 8, 2007, 03:15:34 AM »
I have most of the spare bits I'll need, so it'll just be buying the main sprues.  So far I've picked up Marneus Claglar, King of the Spazz Machines for converting into Belial, started work on the terminator Company Standard Bearer's arm and done most of the modelling on four of the terminator helmets. I need to get another terminator squad, another assault marine squad and then the tanks.  However I agree with Killersquid, time is a bonus.

And as with Mr Squid I don't have instant access to a camera.  My last one got calippoed (http://www.iceshop.co.uk/img/products/large_callipo.jpg) all too literally.  I'll probably pick one up after christmas, what with working retail I have extra hours (night shift means time and a half, so money will be plentiful).
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Inquisitor Leet

« Reply #49 on: December 8, 2007, 07:53:34 AM »
Pretty much I'll be making two drop pod squads of marines, four terminators, a librarian and eight scouts. All of which will be TRUESCALE!!! sorry, anyways, I wont able to post picks till after Christmas, but after that I should have pretty regular updates.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #50 on: December 8, 2007, 07:59:24 AM »
After some budgeting, I've realised that I won't be able to carry out my original idea.

However, Pariah has kindly allowed me to change my army. Instead of Hordes of Chaos, I'll be starting a new Imperial Guard force. Most of my conversions will involve Forgeworld kits, rather than the amounts of greenstuff I'd planned. So it'll be less work, if also less fun.

I think it says a lot that buying the assload of resin I need will still be cheaper than my first plan.

Offline Greenstuff

• Banned - Useless Petty Spammer
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • BANNED
« Reply #51 on: December 8, 2007, 05:58:38 PM »
Finally, i've got hold of a USB cable for my camera. Though, that hardly excuses me from doing so little work:

As you can see, i've gone with more of a western mecha style than the japanese equivelant, seems more fitting to the guard aesthetic I feel.

More updates soon, I hope.
User Banned - break the rules and get chucked out.

Offline Greenstuff

• Lazerous Penguin
  • BANNED
« Reply #52 on: December 8, 2007, 09:38:04 PM »
Updates.

Striding triumphantly over defeated foes:

I like how his stepping ankle turned out, though I'll have to base him now, as he won't stand on his own.

Full frontal:

Scaling Jim makes his return:

More updates soon? Perhaps.

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #53 on: December 8, 2007, 09:48:43 PM »
Aww amphetamine parrot...  That thing's dope.  Indeed, splendid work on the positioning of the joints, ankles, etc.  I have no doubt that that thing is striding forward or that it could. 

I imagine since the upper part would probably be reserved for the mechanisms to fire the cannon, that the drive systems and such for locomotion would have to be on the bottom half.  Perhaps hanging down a bit from the chasis/body.  Bulked up a bit on the bottom. 

Super cool. 

later WG

Offline Greenstuff

• Lazerous Penguin
  • BANNED
« Reply #54 on: December 8, 2007, 10:16:23 PM »
Don't worry, he'll have a decent crotch. I'll be stopping in at the local hobby store tommorow, so I'll get some stowage for it too.

Also, he's been christened 'Stampy', thanks to Mr Peanut for that one.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #55 on: December 8, 2007, 10:25:29 PM »
That mech, looks like something out of Chromehounds, almost.

I almost picked up greenstuff and more models today.But loosing my debit card, prevented any progress in my cause.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2007, 02:31:46 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Dark Pariah

• I got an Awful Custom Title for Arguing with a Mod
  • For Volscan! For Blood! For Chaos!
« Reply #56 on: December 9, 2007, 02:03:54 AM »
Looking good so far guys!

Dreades, your doing a better job than I could with the greenstuff so job well done for a first attempt.

Greenstuff, How many of those uber wicked walkers are you planning on doing? You have also givin me a few ideas now as to how to do the legs for my "Strogg Cyclops" walkers.

I have so far built, 4 yet-to-be-converted dark eldar warriors. Good thing we have a long deadline. At my pace, this'll take a while.

Reason for the long deadline guys is because for this your asked to convert an army! Not one or two or three models. I figured that 5 months should be sufficient time to complete the task for both newbies and pro's with out you all screaming that you couldnt finish. Damn I'd be hard pressed to convert an army in any less time (well a decent looking one anyway).
Need advice on a scratch build? PM me, I may be able to help.

Builder of all things chaos- Warhound Titan, Harbinger Bomber, Lord,
Stuff.

Offline Dreades

• Imperial guard for teh win...OMG!!!
« Reply #57 on: December 9, 2007, 04:46:04 AM »
greenstuff u be to good at this.

dark pariah thanks a bunch mate i'm pretty dodge but that's expected from a new sculpter

yay update time. so far i added a lance gave him a head (off sprue cause i aint good enough to make a good 1) used packs knives and bags to hide my badness and sorry for the bad pics.

and here is a pic of the horses without riders (well most of them)

any ideas on bases i was thinking muddy battlefield on some random planet with lots of barbwire and corpses and rocks really dirty and nice. any suggestions

some of the work out there is looking great and putting me to shame great job ladies and gentlemen
« Last Edit: December 9, 2007, 04:58:00 AM by Dreades »
The imperial guard is comprised of real men... they go to war in nothing but a paper vest (well it may as well be)
unliek those space marines and their fancy pancy adamantium armour....panzies!

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #58 on: December 9, 2007, 11:58:17 AM »
Oh shocks, Greenstuff is at it again. Now, we can kiss the 1st place good-bye. ;D

All jokes aside. The walker looks really good.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2007, 05:22:37 PM by tryanotherone »
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Greenstuff

• Lazerous Penguin
  • BANNED
« Reply #59 on: December 9, 2007, 04:09:17 PM »
Hah.

DP: I think 5.

Updates.

Started adding details and his base:

Lifting lugs on the corners of the turret:

Second layer on hips + exhaust on side:

Stowage added:

Shell ejection port:

Overall view of rear:

I'll do some work on the base next, if I can locate some milliput, otherwise I'll have to buy some tommorow evening.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2007, 04:13:14 PM by Greenstuff »