News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Couple Questions Regarding Poisoned, Feel No Pain, and Hive Tyrant  (Read 1557 times)

Offline nosferatubgc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Couple Questions Regarding Poisoned, Feel No Pain, and Hive Tyrant
« on: September 28, 2013, 11:49:19 AM »
Good morning,

I have several questions as I am still quite new to the game and this forum was very helpful in answering several of my previous questions.  I have had several games under my belt now but still have a few questions and here they are:

1.  Poisoned says it always wounds on a fixed number, for example (4+).  Sniper also states that it always wounds on a fixed number, for example (4+)  My question is does the model hit by a poisoned or sniper still get to make his saves?

2.  I just purchased my second HQ the Tervigon.  Do I have to field a unit of Termagants to make it a troop choice or do the ones it spawns count?  Also does my opponent score for every unit it spawns and he kills?

3.  I read the FAQ and it states that the Tervigon is a Psyker Level 1 but it can purchase multiple psychic powers?  Do I just pay and choose which powers to use each turn?

4.  One more Tervigon question.   Catalyst gives a single unit within 12" the Feel No Pain special rule.  This gives an Invul Save of 5+ on unsaved wound.  I just want to make sure I am clear on this special rule.  Do I get to make my cover save or armor save first then if those fail I still get to make my invul save?

5.  I also just bought the Hive Tyrant and am going to try magnetizing him and I see that the wings take one of the arm slots for weapons.  Reading in the codex it seems like I can have two sets of weapons yet only 1 set will fit.  Do I only get 1 set of weapons if I choose to have it equipped with wings or do I have to explain to my opponent that I actually have two sets but the model is ill socketed?

I eagerly await your help on these questions and thank you in advance for your time and patience.

Offline Changeyname

• Mek| I gotz da loudz WAAAAAAAAAAGH! | Battlefield Orkespondent | Best Modeller | This years Dizz (I lose by choice!)
  • Ancient
  • Wolverine or double Batman.... you decide
Re: Couple Questions Regarding Poisoned, Feel No Pain, and Hive Tyrant
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 12:22:39 PM »
Hi there

1) You will get your save from the poisoned wound yes, but only if the weapon allows as they'll still have their AP attached from the weapon dealing the wound
So sniper weapons have no AP associated (usually) so you'd get it, if it were a poisoned monstrous creature you wound't as the MC's rules ignore saves etc

Treat it on a case by case basis dependant on the weapon or models' special rules

2) You have to include them in your army for the Tervie to move to a troops choice - as the spawned units aren't included until you make them then yes you need to buy at least one from the FoC before the game to move him
As for the second his special rules on page 52 state the spawned units are treated just like ones you purchased and that would include counting against you when they're killed off

3) Yes - the psyker mastery level dictates how many powers you can use each turn but not in this case how many he can buy - so if you purchase more than one then you can still only use one each turn but it's your choice which

4) It's best not to think of Feel no Pain as a save at all - it's simply a special rule which under certain circumstances allows you to discount a wound which you failed the save for
So you'd still get to take your best save available (armour, cover or even invulnerable) and then after take the FnP roll if it's still allowed as per the limitations in the rule for FnP

5) Yeah it's a poor choice on GW's part - the wings dont replace any weapon options so you should still have the two weapon slots in addition to the wings - the best way is to do a little conversion and mount the wings in an alternate location
The Blackest Night falls from the skies,
The darkness grows as all light dies,
We crave your hearts and your demise,
By my black hand--The dead shall rise!

Offline nosferatubgc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »
Thank you so much for those clarifications.  I feel that I may finally have a strategy building to defeat my Tau nemesis.

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »

5) Yeah it's a poor choice on GW's part - the wings dont replace any weapon options so you should still have the two weapon slots in addition to the wings - the best way is to do a little conversion and mount the wings in an alternate location

Theoretically I believe the model's 'feet' are a pair of scything talons.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685