News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: new adepta sororitas!  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
new adepta sororitas!
« on: October 9, 2019, 09:55:45 PM »
Wow! Can't believe there is nothing here about them. So, off we go. They've been teasing them for a long time and now we almost have them. A new box of goodies coming next month.

There are lots of nice models in the preview plus the new codex and some other play pretties.

Now with them we finally get plastics, this is great. My main complaint is, no heavy weapons.

They are monopose but we're used to that by now. They always have been tho.

Hopefully the acts of faith get a good cleaning up but pretty much every army has a roll for a buff set of rules. Some are great, some are just ehh and some just suck but we still get them.

The models:
Cannoness is a sweet model. Lots of conversion possibilities  especially to make her WYSIWYG.

Sisters unit:
Also sweet but no heavy weapons on release. Strange.

Seraphim:
Pretty but wish there was more than 2 poses and pistol upgrades.

Mistress of Repentia:
Oh my she is gorgeous and will be a great center piece.

Repentia:
A bit meh but with a bit of putty work or kit bashing they can be nice models.

Arco flaggelents:
Surprise! Let's put these in to fill up the sprues, oh well, they are in the codex and they do at least look cool.

The Pentinent Engine:
Just the fact you don't need a fork lift to move it is great. I just hope there is another pilot option but all in all its a cool looking model.

So 25 models. These are just my opinions and can't wait to get them. After the codex release we can discuss the rules for each and the releases coming after.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: new adepta sororitas!
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2019, 09:59:05 PM »
These are going to for sure be single pose models, but I imagine the kits which follow this release will be multipart plastics.

It'll be like with shadowspear, all the models in there are monotonous poses, but multi-part kits for the units have come out afterwards.

For the rules, who knows. I expect this box will be a limited run, and sell out really fast. Going to be a fantastic deal.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 12:09:39 AM »
Well, it's like tumble weeds and crickets here... so the new sisters are on the very near horizon, got 2 boxes ordered, excited you ask, more so now. Just happy to be getting plastics. Of course we'll have to wait for the other kits to be released but combing thru the new codex and building your dream wish list while waiting will be exciting. Figuring out what combos will work for your army, what order you want, color schemes, kit bashing, etc. I hope that there are others excited about this release, I've seen some really negative posts elsewhere, my negative posts have been about how long we've had to wait but the new rule tid bits look promising. Hopefully we'll get some good conversation going here on release.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 03:01:21 AM »
Oh, there are excited people.... it's just sometimes you get nothing to talk about 'cause you live in Europe and 45 secs after you logged in all the copies were gone... along with things to discuss like the codex, which is only available in the box … and to add salt to the wound a lot of said copies magically appeared on ebay moments later(ridiculous prices…).

On the bright side, rumour is that most of the range + codex will be available in just a few months (early 2020) so we'll just have to wait.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 08:00:21 PM »
I was not able to order the box either, but, I didn't really want to order it anyway. I'd much rather have a normal codex and some multi-part plastic kits.

I will be investing in the Sisters of Battle heavily when they arrive next year ;D.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 08:04:36 PM »
Sorry about the global position. On the other side, ordered 2 but who knows, they might be delayed or something else could happen. It has before, my 5th ed. Dark Eldar codex, ugh, took a month and a half to get it and the models, sent me the wrong ones, I mean wrong army ones. But at least I can hope it comes when supposed too.

Sisters have been one of my favorites since they first came out and i had a big army of them. It feels good to have the new shiny feeling again.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 08:06:49 PM by Dread »