News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Soon-To-Exist 1,000 point army  (Read 560 times)

Offline zzhummelzz

• Almost doesn't count
    • My Trading Post
My Soon-To-Exist 1,000 point army
« on: June 19, 2005, 09:26:57 PM »
Well, I'm an aspiring ork player, but at the moment, am lacking much of the needed troops, though hopefully that can be remedied.  Here's what I propose.

HQ

Warboss-101
Bionic Bonce, Bionic Arm, 'Eavy Armor, Big Horns, Bosspole, Frag Stikkbombz, Tankbusta Bombs, Choppa, Slugga [Kustom Job: Blasta], 3 Ammo Runts

Painboss-31
'Urty Syringe, Slugga
**9 Cyborks-117
Slugga, Choppa

Elites

9 'Ard Boyz-180
Sluggas, Choppas, Burna
**Led by Warboss

Troops

19 Slugga Boyz-193
Sluggas, Choppas, Big Shoota
**Nob
Slugga, Choppa

19 Slugga Boyz-193
Sluggas, Choppas, Big Shoota
**Nob
Slugga, Choppa

Heavy Support

1 Dreadnought-86
Power Claws, Big Shootas

2 Kanz-90
Power Claws, Burnas

TOTAL: 1001

Any comments are welcomed.  I am just starting out, so I've probably created a lot of green cannon fodder.  If it helps, my main opponents will be Tau, Necrons, IG and Daemonhunters.

Thanks.
For cheap IG, Space Wolves, Dark Eldar and a WHFB Rulebook, check out the Trading Post.  I'm interested in buying/trading for: Eldar, 'Nids and Blood Angels.

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php/topic,91751.msg1060672.html#msg1060672

Offline Meneroth

• Run, while you still have legs.
Re: My Soon-To-Exist 1,000 point army
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 11:14:30 PM »
drop the pain boss and squad, drop the hard boys, and pick up a bunch of normal boys, mainly because the hard boys just cant cut it with the amout of fire coming at you, the pain boss is to expensive for 1000 points, and you need numbers agianst these armies. drop the nob and big shootas in each squad and get even more boys. Tau, necrons, and IG are very good at destroying tanks, so the dread and kans will die really fast, think about dropping them. with the points from the pain boss and the hard boys, get some storm boys, they will help tie the enemy up faster. The main thing is get alot of boys, enought that you can take some fire(like from veiling necron squads) and still keep moving. lots of boys, cheap warboss, and more boys, thats what wins 1000 pt. games.

Offline Jezreel

• Ork Boy
  • Check the salad bowl again. You'll be surprised.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 11:36:22 PM »
Lots of boyz, that is a very good thing

I really dont think you need ammo runts on your boss's slugga (it has a 12" range - you are spending 12 points to make sure the one shot you are going to take during the game will hit - not necessary), he has too much wargear all together.

and i am going to say more Big Shoota's , Orks can take 3 heavy weapons, that is HUGE! take advantage (and remember your BS is 2, you might as well be a grot if you're not in CC). and get some rokkit launchers, you have little tank hunting power.

you will also want some transpots. i would replace the 'ard boyz with tank boyz and get the boss to ride with them.   vs tau, necrons and IG, you need to get in CC ASAP! bikes are good too, just get up there and dive into a heavy weapons squad so everyone else can walk up. Sure it's risky, you might get blown up, just hop terrain peices and stay out of LOS

And please put your painboss and the cyboks in a truk. they need to get into CC fast. or take Meneroth's advice and ditch them for more boyz.

drop the dread in favor of more boyz, either beef up your existing troops, get some grots or another squad of truk boyz.

vs daemon hunters, i will strongly suggest grots. i play DH and grots are the stupidest unit in the world. you get 30 of them for less than i pay for 4 grey knights. Truks and buggies are also safer vs GKs cuz their tank puncing power is limited.

good luck, have fun, pillage the dead
I never learned to walk the surface on my own
       So lately this ocean floor
   Has been feeling more like
        home.

Offline zzhummelzz

• Almost doesn't count
    • My Trading Post
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 12:38:12 AM »
Thanks for all the comments.  The dreadnought was the most iffy part of the plan, and since he seems to be unpopular, he will be taken out.  I have no idea why I put the three ammo runts in; I meant one, just to make sure the slugga doesnt overheat.  I'll also take out the nobs in favor for more boyz.  The 'ard boys I'm still going to consider, but I'll probably take them out.  The cyborks I really like, and I'm definitely keeping them in, but probably adding a transport for them.  Thanks all.

PS
Any thoughts on using converted ogryns for orks?
For cheap IG, Space Wolves, Dark Eldar and a WHFB Rulebook, check out the Trading Post.  I'm interested in buying/trading for: Eldar, 'Nids and Blood Angels.

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php/topic,91751.msg1060672.html#msg1060672

Offline darkhand

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 02:01:12 AM »
-Take out the 'ardboyz, or put them in a trukk somehow. 10 would just get shot apart on their way over the field. Same with the painboss; I love him in a trukk, but footsloggin he's just not worth it.

-I'd remove the dreadnought, maybe add a killa kan, spend the points on other stuff.

-Add heavy weapons to the squads, BS for anti infantry or RLs for anti tank.

-The nobs wants pKs, otherwise he's just an overcosted boy.

-You need speed, either from trukks or from buggies.

Wheee!