News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The big Space Marine Codex Supplement and LOTR Returns!  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
The big Space Marine Codex Supplement and LOTR Returns!
« on: April 5, 2016, 03:13:43 PM »
Guys this is massive.

News is that there is a soft back supplement for the Space Marine Codex next weekend (for pre-orders) for 33US$ / 40CAN$ so about 25GB£.  Apparently will include stuff from previous supplements and campaigns but also new stuff about Raven Guard, White Scars, Imperial Fists, Salamanders & Iron Hands.  (Not necessarily new for all of them but still...)

Also the Lord of the Rings is going to be making a return!  Adam Troke is heading this one up and has apparently asked for more people to post / share their armies/miniatures with Games Workshop to help build momentum.  This will hopefully be epic as the rule set was solid (as of pre-Hobbit at least) for small scale battles.  Also I love the Lord of the Rings!

Anyways here's to 30 more years of Space Marines and 40k!

Slick Samos

(See Faeit 212: Warhammer 40k News and Rumors for more details!)
« Last Edit: April 5, 2016, 03:16:39 PM by Slick Samos »
Play more games, paint more models...

Offline Dangerousdave0042

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Blood Angels and Tyranids
Re: The big Space Marine Codex Supplement and LOTR Returns!
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2016, 09:07:36 PM »
I maybe wrong, but being cynical GW has thought - hmm we've fleeced as many of the Montka books for $75, so now we'll try to flog it for $33.

Probably great for all the people who decided not to be flogged the first time and waited - now they can just get the rules cheaper. I doubt there's anything new in there.

I'll be happy and annoyed to be proved wrong!

Happy - because GW isn't just taking the piss out of those people like me who bought Montka for $75.

Annoyed - because oh look just three months after Montka I need to buy more rules for more formations.

Yup - you can't win GW!
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Slick Samos

• Que!!
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Angels & Salamanders
« Reply #2 on: April 6, 2016, 08:04:38 AM »
No one is making you buy it :P

Plus also if you only play White Scars and Raven Guard and have the War Zone Damocles books then it'll probably have very little value to you...

However we'll see...
Play more games, paint more models...

Offline Ludo

• Why, you ask. Why not?
  • Armies: Marines, Flesh Tearers, Dark Eldar, Guard, Tau
« Reply #3 on: April 6, 2016, 11:02:42 AM »
I'm excited.  Space marines were what initially drew my interest into Warhammer 40K. With all the books/supplements for space marines there are so many options and different ways to play them.  It's an exciting time to be a space marine player.
Smurf Hero Extrodinaire

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2016, 11:05:14 AM »
I'm curious to see if there's anything in there worth looking at for my Fists. The 3rd Company lists put out all that time ago are very 6th Edition and not that amazing. Hopefully my yellow buddies get something cool.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 06:50:08 AM »
I'm seeing the crazy new pyschic powers you're getting and I am very jealous.  :P

I'm seriously considering getting marines soon, because I feel like you're not a proper 40k player unless you own some.  And I haven't owned a marine army since 2001. :P

I did recently buy some scouts and a storm speeder with the intention of making a kill team.  Give them Elysain Drop Trooper heads and a bad paint job.  I could restart that after I strip the paint off them.  Go with Raptors, because they're Camo Marines.

This is why I'm Captain Calamity. :P