News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork List Building Competition 1k points Main Thread  (Read 2949 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Ork List Building Competition 1k points Main Thread
« on: November 3, 2015, 07:48:31 AM »
This is the first competition of the Ork list building series. Since in my experience the new meta for a fun game the size went down to 1k points to avoid the serious spamming that went on in higher point games.

Later competitions will have higher points, so for those of us with huge armies just wait for it.

Now I stole some rules from the eldar forum as I have never run a list building contest. If the eldar dudes want to cry plagiarism I will of course deny everything, as orks don't even know the meaning of that word (too many syllables).

The competition and rules

Build a take on all comers ork list of 1,000 points.

1. When writing the list, please make sure that it is legible and easy to read. Also please include the points total, plus a short break down of the tactics you plan on using with the list.
2. No allies allowed, ork units only.
3. The list must be of the Bound type.
4. Post your army list in a new thread on the Ork board and link to that thread by replying to this thread, with the link only and a short note that you have submitted a list. Please only use this thread for links of list submissions.
5. After posting your list, you may edit it based on comments you receive from the community, but only in your thread and not on this one.
6. To avoid mod deletion follow the rules for listing units and points, so just total points for a unit with a sum at the bottom for the whole army.
7. Then for those who may not have a clue about orkishness tactics, please add a little bit about how you intend to use the units and the army as a whole.

After a period of time, to be determined randomly by the grots in my truck repair facility, I will close the contest and figure out a way to determine teef earnings.

I will create a new thread for every new contest,and that will be specifically for the new contest, and we will branch out to themes, builds, specific missions, etc. etc. etc.

Looking forward to seeing your lists. Now, get to work! ;D

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 06:43:09 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Re: Ork List Building Competition 1k points
« Reply #1 on: November 3, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »
1000 points is an awesome start and is harder than it sounds. You should be able to assume you won't be facing any flyers or lords of war at that point level, except in the most extreme circumstances. I'll definitely be getting my finkin cap on tonight.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 4, 2015, 12:53:38 AM »
Hmm, It would seem that Gork and Mork have awoken me at the correct time, there's a competition on!

Now I stole some rules from the eldar forum as I have never run a list building contest. If the eldar dudes want to cry plagiarism I will of course deny everything, as orks don't even know the meaning of that word (too many syllables).
Rather then deny anything, lets just admit to being in character, we just Looted the rules!

Army posting linky will be updated here after I write an army up

Peace
~OD

Post Script: because I haven't said it, WAAAAAAGH ON!
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 07:28:24 AM »

Rather then deny anything, lets just admit to being in character, we just Looted the rules!

Peace
~OD

Post Script: because I haven't said it, WAAAAAAGH ON!

Yes oh great one, you are right. Just shows how long I have had my face buried in the bank account that I forgot to be a bit more overbearing and domineering. I have kicked a few grots to get my blood pumping back into my head, so all is better now.

Now, where is that list of yours? The grots are making a clock, and when it starts ticking you will run out of time. Bwahahahahaha (snort).
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
Re: Ork List Building Competition 1k points Entry
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 05:58:24 PM »
Hehehehehe...now dat's wot I'm talkin' about...A COMPETITION!  Too long have we been sitting around blinking at each other...anyway...

1000 pts...no allies...ok, I'm game!  Will start working on it this week!

Interested to see how the community at large handles it and what they will and will not include.

Cheers!
OEN
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Ork List Building Competition 1k points Main Thread
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 06:46:00 AM »
Well then, after a few replies from others it looks like my list will stand as is. So HERE is my entry.
Ork List Building Competition 1k Entry

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 05:07:22 PM »
If only I had a few more points, those grots would be riding around in trukks.

Oh well, here's the list. Let's see if OD and OEN can step up to the plate with us heavy hitters.   ::)

Kan-a-palooza - Ork List Competition Entry

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 09:32:01 PM »
Yes oh great one, you are right. Just shows how long I have had my face buried in the bank account that I forgot to be a bit more overbearing and domineering. I have kicked a few grots to get my blood pumping back into my head, so all is better now.

Now, where is that list of yours? The grots are making a clock, and when it starts ticking you will run out of time. Bwahahahahaha (snort).
Great one?  If anything Skeetergod you are the great one keeping all the accounting for all these years!  And for putting another comp together!

As for the list, and the ticking sorry to keep them grots working, I've experienced the craziest couple weeks ever having to emergency jump into a show, getting thrown in as an emergency singer for a friend's underground album, driving my roommate around due to her totaled car, and loosing the internet for the past couple days cause the roofers didn't know what that cord did.

But none of that really matters, I got my list up!

Da Min Max Objective Grabbaz

Let's see if OD and OEN can step up to the plate with us heavy hitters
Well my list isn't really about being a heavy hitter, its mostly tactical instead of krumpy, but don't let that fool ya!  I put a good amount of time into writing it, and I've even been playtesting it a bit while my internets been down!

In truth I look forward to reading everyone's entry, although atm I've gotta grab my jacket and make it down to the gallery, the life of an underground actor artist musician is surprisingly busy this Nov.

Peace
~OD
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 04:35:21 PM by OD from TV »
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 09:27:33 AM »
OK all you orkses, the grots just got the clock built. After filling the fuel tank with some super high test squig oil, we are going to fire it up and see how loud it ticks.

What that means is you better get your submissions in right quick, (thats tootie sweetie in french) and that means soon. Once we get the clock running the contest will be over as soon as the clock runs empty.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: December 1, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
Ok, the grots got the clock running with lots of noise and smoke. It was a great thing to behold, then the throttle got stuck and the engine overspeeded and the hands of the clock flew off.

While we go and look for the hands of the clock to put them back on, the clock is still ticking, we just don't know how much time is left.

What this means is that this contest will be over soon. Get stuck in and get your list posted.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: December 9, 2015, 08:55:49 AM »
After finding some of the parts stuck through the treads of the big bosses wagon, we decided to just make some new ones. After going through a few grot volunteers to get the new long hand part on, the engine blew and the clock stopped. So, that means this contest is now over, and it is time to see who gets some teef.

OF course the toof awards will take some time to figure out, I gotta clean up the work shop. After all these grot and engine parts laying all over the place get swept up, I will find a corner to count out some teef and let you all know how much you made.

Now, keep them codexes out. There will be a special "holiday" contest coming up, and you will need that book to participate. (whew, another big word)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 10:51:58 AM »
OKy dokey, I finally got the grots to show me where I hid the teef, and so time to hand some out.

A good start to a new practice.
I am awarding teef with a not so scientific formula. 5 teef just for doin a list, 1 toof for duplicate units (more is more) and 2 teef for good idea.

You can find out how many teef you snagged in the WoTW thread here:
Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:26:53 AM by SKEETERGOD »