News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Orktober Kitbashathon  (Read 3614 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Orktober Kitbashathon
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:45:59 PM »
WOTW GREEN MENACE 1st EVER ORKTOBER KITBASHATHON

Oh yes do I got something fun in store for you.  Since Orktober is the time of the year when us orks can rummage the oomie village and plunder some treats... I thought I would put out a special event for us greenskins.   

When the oomies are distracted followed probably by several weedy gitz who get lost in the mix, their precious belongings will be left ripe for the picking.....  So it is time to LOOT and Build.... boyz....

no need to make it pretty with paint and such, this kitbashathon isn't about it.   This is for the inner mek who wants to let his creative side show. 

Konversions, kitbashes, and scratchbuilds are all welcome in fact everything is welcome EXCEPT standard builds...  all standard builds will be launched out of a shokk attack gun with the weedy git crazy enough to submit them.

Teef will be awarded for your creativeness, size of your projects, and yes maybe a few teef if you get them painted but keep in mind it isn't needed for this event. 

This is called a kitbashathon for a reason... because it keeps going, all thru the month of orktober, so enter one entry or a galaxy of them....

And for the rulez..... ah yes those....
-you MUST post the starting pic of your project.   Don't care what you are using if you want to take a pick of your recycle bin, fine.   But we need to see your starting point.

-You have until the end of Orktober, at Nov 1st all unfinished entries will turn into a pumpkin for all i care or what is left of a pumpkin after trick or treaters get ahold of them.  So you must post pics of finished projects prior to Nov 1st.

Teef will be based on number of projects completed and are subject to approval from my boss pole which will be used should there be any unpleasant-tries.   

So Boyz you wanted chaos.............. .     TIME TO LOOT THE GALAXY.....  or as they say on earth.... happy halloween.     
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 08:49:21 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Orktober Kitbashathon
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2013, 01:49:21 PM »
I am in. (Now, I must find where she who must be obeyed put the camera.  :-[ )

I will post projected project and starting pictures "soon" (see note above).
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2013, 03:43:26 PM »
Count me in as well...
SKEETERGOD:  At least all I have to do is go and "borrow" the kid's camera...lol...
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2013, 08:44:36 PM »
@Skeetergod, I thought you had your own camera?  Or did that get lost in the move?

@Ork E Nuff.... welcome aboard....   now we need some pics guyz.......    WAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG HHHHHH

Well might as well support this great event with a project of my own.   I have needed some Flakka Trax for awhile and seeing as I hope they will be in our next dex, I might as well get a head start.    Plus who couldn't use them for some extra support in an Aporkaplyse game. 

So I am going to start out with two kitbashed Flakka Trax.   Took a pick of some of the models I will be using.   So this is my starting point.  I will be adding in some plasticard and ork bits and bodies as well as I go.

Eat your heart out boyz........   I be a lootin.....

Let the games begin.....   

Offline Boss Ard'Ragger

• Ork Yoof
  • Da Boyz Rock!!!
  • Armies: The Boyz, IG, Eldar,DE, Tau, GK, some SM
« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2013, 03:04:52 PM »
From My Project Board here is my Raza'Dakka Fighta

Started Lootin the Razor Wing - Love planes, need boyz, but love planes

[smg id=4810 type=preview align=center caption="Started lootin"]

Next is Boss Ard'Ragger letting me know I am not finished yet

[smg id=4811 type=preview align=center caption="Need More"]

Here is his finished plane in all of his glory.  My next project will likely be a Eldar plane converted to a Bomma or Burna not sure yet, lol

[smg id=4812 type=preview align=center caption="Final"]

You Boyz wanna live forever?!  Waaaaagh!

Offline -V-

• Infinity Circuit | O:nk's my painting bitch | Ork Yoof
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Fear the Shuriken
« Reply #5 on: October 4, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
Starts rummaging and pillaging.  Lets see whats on Da Mek's list!

Offline Respekt

• Ork Boy
  • Armies: Orks and maybe a fotm ;)
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2013, 05:33:51 PM »
Been away from my orks for a bit. Looking give them some more attention and this seems like the perfect motivation! I wish I would have seen this thread before the weekend. This trukk was my project last weekend

I looted a car toy I found at the store, it actually still works. Has an on/off switch that makes the trukk move forward.

I am going to try and do something else for this month. I like the flakka trakk idea, I really want to run one with the supa-kannon. I have also been thinking alot about a orky counts-as army, basically a looted army that counts as both orks and something else. I might experiment with that.

that dakka fighta is sweet btw.
Cheers,

Respekt

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #7 on: October 8, 2013, 07:55:26 PM »
Ok...  I'm gonna have to do something for this...  I think I'll finish my fighta bomba...  It is still not done and actually is in two pieces after a recent fall...  Ack!   :-\

Pics incoming...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 01:45:09 PM »
A question to AoD:   this kitbashathon, is it limited only to vehicles/warmachine-type entries, or can I do infantry based entries as well?  I've a killa idea that smacks of "old-school", but I don't want to waste any space here if it's not applicable. 

I'm workin' on a great piece, pics when I can post 'em....
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2013, 01:21:50 AM »
A question to AoD:   this kitbashathon, is it limited only to vehicles/warmachine-type entries, or can I do infantry based entries as well?  I've a killa idea that smacks of "old-school", but I don't want to waste any space here if it's not applicable. 

I'm workin' on a great piece, pics when I can post 'em....

Nope you can do infantry as well, as long as they are customized...   

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 12:21:13 PM »
Ok, well I haven't got any big projects on at the minute, as I'm saving up for Febuwaaghry in the hope that the rumours of a new codex come to fruition.

However, I can't let a kitbashathon pass me by, not and keep my title; so with that in mind I thought it was time to do some proper lootas. I don't have any painted lootas, so haven't been using them much of late, and didn't want to paint them 'out-of-the-box', as it were, as that seems to be contrary to the idea of them! So, I have some pre-built standard lootas, and lots of bits, and will make it a mission over the next week to loot'em up good.

First up, can't loot without a willing mek, so here he is, in honour of the event: Mek 'Bashafon.

*update* Friday
three done today, just to get me started.

first loota:

second loota:

third loota:

quite happy with them, but all pretty straightforward so far, will try to get more extensive kitbashing as I go on; I want each of them to look properly distinctive.

*update* Sunday
technically I did these on Saturday, but forgot to post. 3 more lootas:

fourth loota

fifth loota

sixth loota

going to tackle some of the large bore ones next.

*update* Tuesday

seventh loota

eighth loota (favourite so far, I think)

ninth loota (built backwards on this one, looks huge on the model)

enough bits (harnesses is the limitation) for 2 more, so doing something with rockets next.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:19:56 PM by Baron Wastelands »

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 10:34:18 PM »
As I'm breaking down my entire army and starting from scratch I thought I'd do something I've never run with before: Nob Bikers. I've taken 5 old-school warbikers, used the bottom halves of cyboar riders, bits from old boyz kits and other assorted goodies. Below I've posted the bikes and biker models I've started with. I've only completed one so far, as it's taken me a while to strip and break down the models. More to come.

Original Warbikes, old paint job without original riders.

Original Cyboar rider models.

First finished Nob.

Offline Hades Hound

• Who needs food when you have miniatures?
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 11:17:33 PM »
Good God those bikes take me back. Thanks for making me feel old. Having said that, I rather like what you've done with the cyboar riders and the modifications to "modernize" those bikes.

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2013, 01:31:09 AM »
Gaah!  If only I hadn't been so busy I could have totally gotten busy with work on an entry for this thread!  With only 8 days left, I don't know if I can scrape anything together, the ole bits box is looking pretty thin these days.  Nevertheless I have my little cheerleader grot here to scream and jump up and down for all yer 'ard work lads!

*looks around* Oh, um... well I guess the Runtherda that sold him to me neglected to say he's invisible, that Herda is gonna get a thumpin.

Jokes aside it looks like everyone has some good work going.  And to be honest seeing the good old bikes made my old Ork heart cry out, I miss those old bikes.  Best of luck to everyone, I'll see y'all at the finish line

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline Baron Wastelands

• Loota
  • Orks/Necrons in 6th
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2013, 02:18:36 PM »
Two more, and I'm out of loota bits. I might pick up another box to give me a full 15, but otherwise I'm done:

Tenth loota

11th loota

This one isn't quite finished now that I look at it, was going to put a new warhead tip on the large missile, and have one of the orc spikes from fantasy in mind, but couldn't find one. Will dig through other bits boxes and add it.

Yellow is the new Green . . .

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »
Two more bikers to add, including the pain boy!

Added some bigger exhaust to add some deafening sound!

The tanks on the side will be some sort of medical gas tanks like NO3 or O2. The Urty Syringe is made from an old ork power axe that's been modified.

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 03:59:29 AM »
I am loving all the work here! Especially those Lootas  :)   the painboy biker is looking awesome as well.

I am still hoping to get involved in this but RL is busy. Fingers crossed...
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »
I got my dakka traxs finished.  Tried to make them a bit unique.  I think I am going to try them out in a big apocalypse match coming up.

Offline Boss Ard'Ragger

• Ork Yoof
  • Da Boyz Rock!!!
  • Armies: The Boyz, IG, Eldar,DE, Tau, GK, some SM
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2013, 04:27:13 PM »
I got my dakka traxs finished.  Tried to make them a bit unique.  I think I am going to try them out in a big apocalypse match coming up.

OMG I love those AOD awesome job
You Boyz wanna live forever?!  Waaaaagh!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 10:05:58 PM »
Last two are done.

Never have enough big choppas!

One powerklaw just to keep things interesting.

The gang's all here.