News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: UoTM: August; Super Heavies  (Read 1583 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
UoTM: August; Super Heavies
« on: August 2, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
As the title suggests, this month is about super heavies. Since GW did just release the new Apoc book, a month of superheavy goodness is in order.

So, anything that has structure points counts as a super heavy, and since I don't have the new book and assume they may have fixed that by converting to hull points, then anything with five or more hull points counts as a super heavy.

Show me yours and I will show you mine....
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline CheesyRobMan

• Burna Mek
Re: UoTM: August; Super Heavies
« Reply #1 on: August 2, 2013, 02:44:23 PM »
Well right now I only have one superheavy, and that is my Stompa 'Da Menace'.

Here's a link to the Gitz it Done thread with more pictures.
"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #2 on: August 6, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
Super heavies...  One of my favorite types of units...  They have ork written all over them!  In my personal collection I have three (pics incoming): Mork's Mighty Manger (Gargant), Da Fist a'Gork (Skullhamma), and Da Dakka Wagon (looted Stormlord, great for running lootas and flash gitz out of). 

The two regular superheavies use the GW rules, but for the gargant, I had to go to player made rules.  Here is a nasty set of rules I used for it once!

Mork's Mighty Mangler
 WS BS S front side rear I A SP

4 2 10 14 13 13 1 3 12

2500 POINTS

Structure Points: 12
Energy Shields: 8
Transport: 30

Weapons and equipment:
Mega-deth kannon with co-axial megagigashoota
Deff Aresenol (see apoc book)
Mega supa-skorcha (Special)
5 big shootas (see apocalypse book)
5 supa rokkits (see apocalypse book)
Titan CCW

Weapon range str ap special
mega deth kannon 108" 10 1 ordnance D3, 10" blast, primary weapon
mega supashoota 72" 8 3 heavy 8D6, co-axial
Mega Supa Skorcha, Hellstorm, str 7, ap3
Deff Arsenol (As per rulz)

Special rules:
Eiffgy: 18 in.
Mega 'Uge: all weapons have a minimum range of 18"

Rolling Behemoth: Driver cannot be stunned

Good times...  Was doing well until it was blasted to smithereens by a Warlord Titan!  Course, not before it outflanked behind a line of leman russes and proceeded to unleash hades, blowing up a Warhound titan cause it to go nova and kill a bunch of the tanks...  Then the remaining weapons finished off a ton of them...  In the end, It killed about 10 tanks, a bunch of guardmen, and the warhound...  Thay brought the wraith of the Emporer Class Titan!

Adam

Adam
« Last Edit: August 6, 2013, 08:29:42 PM by adamscurr »

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Nobbla

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: August 7, 2013, 07:10:49 AM »
Hi
I have made one  Ork super heavy tank  and I will try to post a picture later this week.
I have never played App games, but have thought about trying it now then there are new rules and everything.
Just one thing that I would be thankful if someone can help me clarify.
Can loota/burna meks repair lost hull points if they are embarked in a super heavy vehicle (SHV)? Not that I do see any reason why they could not, but it sounds very good to have several meks (as I understand it you can even have several units) ready to restore the all lost hull points in the same SHV. Also, does the Big Mek's *Custom Force Field work on a SHV? This also sounds like a very cheep complement to an expensive unit.
Tanks for reply

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #4 on: August 7, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
I have not read the new apoc book...  I know in the previous edition, my store had a rule that only superheavy things could affect superheavies...  So a standard KFF would not cover a superheavy.  The KFF on the dread mob would cover a superheavy though since it was part of a apoc formation...  As for fixing hull points, a repair krew is an option on some ork superheavies...

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: August 7, 2013, 09:06:57 PM »
Well, I guess it is all up to your local. In my games of Apoc the KFF riding in my Evil Eye in the Sky stompa covered the stompa as well as the regular range of the KFF onto other units.

Now, here are mine:

The whole group together

The Skull Hammer

The Kill Blasta (an IA8 super heavy)

The Evil Eye in the Sky stompa

The regular stompa

The Big Mek Stompa

And the latest addition, the Klaw Stompa

I did look at the new book, and the owner of it pointed out that on page 66 it says that "if you are using an old book, a structure point is worth three hull points" so I guess that means we can still use other books like the old Apoc book, the IA8, and Apoc Reload books. I did not get a chance to see if the orks got anything new out of it, but at first glance it looks like stompas got more expensive point wise.

Now, to paint my other two stompas and find a victim opponent willing to play a game of Apocalypse... OH, and I guess buy the new book so I can use the correct set of rules.  ::)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
Well then, I am a bit late on this (flipping portable bandwidth device) and so I must draw this event to a close. (since it is a new month now)

If you want to post anyway, go for it. You can show off your super heavies if you want. I might even add some teef to your account just because it is a cool picture.