News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153881 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #980 on: March 25, 2020, 11:40:50 AM »
We did have the battle, my 208 power points to his 209 power points. It was an all day battle. Started at 10am and lasted till a little after 8pm.

I think my son set a record with his umies. A one hour and 5 min shooting phase. Thats right :o turn one, his shooting phase went on for a long time. I don't know if there is a GW world record book somewhere but he needs to be entered for longest shooting phase.

The orks won by victory points, but there was just too much to kill (although we did give it a good go). The umies outnumbered the orks.  ??? As the shadow of the house started to cover the board (we played in the backyard on saw horses and plywood) we called it before the mosquitos would come out. The orks won 28 to 24. I quit taking batrep notes about halfway through the first turn, and just didn't pick it up from there. So no long batrep is forthcoming, sorry.

Highlights of the game, the ead woppa killed the ogre body guard with one swing of the ax, causing 6 mortal wounds, and Yarrick actually killed a boy with his laser eye (and survived the battle). Creed never got out of his chimera, and Ghorkrider killed his chapter master in one on one combat. The burna bomma actually wiped out three las cannon teams, and  his super team of four meltas jumped out of the valkarie and then failed to hit the battle wagon full of flash gits. The guardsmen were wiped out by a nearby trukk full of shoota boys, and the flash gits with Badruck shot down the valkarie.

A good day, lots of ice tea and the whole family enjoyed watching us play.

We are planning a rematch, and this time we will most likely take notes for a batrep.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #981 on: March 25, 2020, 02:33:13 PM »
That sounds like great quality time and fun. The battle sounds massive, I'll have to stick to 2k or less and kill team but someday, someday  ;)
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #982 on: March 27, 2020, 11:24:13 PM »
Posted a new Batrep for all you to enjoy. Battle two of the coronavirus (CV) campaign.

HERE

Again, played in the backyard with limited GW approved scenery. Hope you like it, it was fun.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #983 on: April 5, 2020, 02:15:25 PM »
Here you can see the results of leaving me unsupervised in the garage for a whole afternoon

Scrapjets
Now I have more Megatrak Scrapbuggies

I also posted another Batrep on Corono V
Battle Three

I guess being socially distanced and out of work has some advantages.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2020, 03:50:23 PM by SKEETERGOD »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #984 on: April 5, 2020, 02:23:15 PM »
They're sweet! Orkie goodness for sure.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #985 on: April 5, 2020, 06:10:02 PM »
Battle four of CORONO V is up;
HERE

Hope you all enjoy the read. Battles five and six are planned for next week when it is not raining.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #986 on: April 10, 2020, 05:09:53 PM »
Battle Five of Corono V is up  ;D
HERE

Now that I have time to play on this forum more, since I am off work, I do not see that much activity. Hmmmm, I wonder, how  many were using work computers to post on this forum?

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #987 on: May 4, 2020, 01:08:19 AM »
Well, another nice day, and the last day of lock down. So we celebrated with a really big game.

Green Tide

Ghaz meets Yarrick and they tie.. ???

« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 08:07:48 PM by SKEETERGOD »

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #988 on: June 27, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »
Well, well, well.... I was just reading about some of the new rules coming out, and to my joy overwatch now uses a command point and is not a natural ability anymore. This means that now most of my boys will make it into combat where they are safe.

On the otherhand, vehicles now cannot be stuck in combat. So tying up Leman Russes with a deffcopta to keep it from shooting will no longer work. I am going to have to take more tank bustas.
However, now I don't have to worry about my truck "falling back" so my boys can't disembark and charge.

Haven't heard if trucks are going to make it into the assault vehicle category, it sure would be nice to move the trukk then disembark the boys and charge, like in the edition before this one. However space marines will rejoice as land raiders are being made assault vehicles.

We will have to see how the new rules affect orks, I will post more when I get my new rule book.

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #989 on: July 31, 2020, 06:41:00 PM »
This all sound like good things... I got a little, "discouraged" in the previous ruleset... So a couple of questions that are foremost is how does the basic boyz unit fair? My normal units are either trukk boys or a 30 man shootas... How are they doing?

How does allies work now? One problem I had is those crazy lists that included everything under the sun...

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #990 on: August 1, 2020, 09:16:56 PM »
The new rule books just arrived at the GW in Orlando. My son and I are planning an expedition to make the journey and get the new book. One for me and one for him, so we can start to finish the CORONO V campaign. (it is a two hour drive according to the crackhead google map lady, in reality it is closer to four)

Once I have given the rules a once over and applied them to the ork hoard that I have, I will post any new relevant speed freak taktiks in a new thread. Till then, just smak around a few grots and blame them for not making printing presses faster.