News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 10 minute Green Baron buzz saw conversion.. with pics!  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Chaos40kAD

• Ork Boy
  • On wings of flame
10 minute Green Baron buzz saw conversion.. with pics!
« on: January 17, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
Hey fellas.  Since I finally got the lowdown on the green baron I figured I'd put the saw on him since I really like WYSIWYG.    I'm in no way or by any means saying this is a pro conversion, or that it even looks that great, but I think it looks pretty Orky and was literally a 10 minute job with an X-acto and some plastic bits.   Anyway.. On to the pics. 

I started with the buzz saw arm from the Nobz kit

And then I cut it down so that it didn't have half an Ork arm sticking out of it! :D

Then I used some plasticard strips I got at the hobby shop for Model train builders and Made a bracket deal for it using a thick peice of card with two thin peices glued on, then cut at an angle on both sides, and rolled off some "slugs" of plastic rod for added features, and then some Orky spike bits from leftover card trimmings from the bracket

and then lastly I attached it to the bottom of my Deffkopta where i had already trimmed off the spike

Note the primer stained fingernails... 40 boyz will do that. 

Anyway, that's my 10 minute buzz saw conversion in all its (lack of) glory.  Hope you enjoy it

-Brett

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:15:18 PM by Chaos40kAD »
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Ben Franklin

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Re: 10 minute Green Baron buzz saw conversion.. with pics!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 10:32:56 PM »
[gmod]This is the reason why your links are currently inactive. Just like Ork spores, they'll spring to life soon enough.[/gmod]
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Chaos40kAD

• Ork Boy
  • On wings of flame
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:44 PM »
Well there we go!  Thank you sir!    now to spam out 5 posts.. :P

the system works!

-Brett
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-Ben Franklin

Offline DropFall

• Bad Moon Big Mek
  • What were all those "do not's" again?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 11:58:18 PM »
Thats a neat little conversion, thats surely to get you some Teef.

For those wishing to see the pics quickly, just quote the original post and hit the preview button.

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 12:31:09 AM »
For those wishing to see the pics quickly, just quote the original post and hit the preview button.

Thanks for that shortcut, DropFall.  :)

@ Chaos40kAD

That is a very nice little konversion.  I like it a lot.  However, I don't believe your story about the primer-covered fingers.  Admit it.  You're a Gothic High School rebel, aren't you. :P

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Chaos40kAD

• Ork Boy
  • On wings of flame
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 08:50:34 AM »
@ Chaos40kAD

That is a very nice little konversion.  I like it a lot.  However, I don't believe your story about the primer-covered fingers.  Admit it.  You're a Gothic High School rebel, aren't you. :P

NewHeretic

Nobody understands me!!  Wearing black is Different!!
Haha, goth..

-Brett
-Ben Franklin

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
Nice looking conversion, now to go get some pictures of WW1 flying aces and paint him up. Check out Moc065 who has his named after famous WW1 aces.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z251/moc065/40%20K/Orkz/Deffkoptas/P7010004.jpg
(Maybe he has pictures of his painted models somewhere)

One little "coolness factor" I added on mine is kill markings. Those little tiny decals you get on the sheet when you buy a set make for great kill markers. You can usually get them for free just by asking other players if they have any decal sheets. It is fun to put blood angle markings on coptas, as those BA players take their armies way too serious. You can just put a bunch on for decoration, or actually keep count and add them as you earn them. Or like I did, just put them on the cowling and as I tell my opponents that is how many successful kamikazee missions my Green Baron has flown.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Chaos40kAD

• Ork Boy
  • On wings of flame
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »
Hey thats a cool looking conversion!  It looks like he used the top part from a second kopta to make that though, that must have been expensive.  Great idea though, looks awesome.   Mine is kind of ghetto-fabulous ;)

-Brett
-Ben Franklin

Offline The Gretchin

• Ork Boy
  • Operate, operate, still time to operate! /Mad Dok
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 02:01:13 AM »
I thought it was a waste of that nice little arm

my deffkopta is gonna keep the arm as it is, but it´s a nice conversion

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:23 AM »
If memory serves correct moc had those arms to spare after converting several of the AoBR koptas he picked up for cheap into a mass of Warbikes.

And this is certainly a quick and effective looking konversion you have here Chaos40kAD. Are the round bits you used on the wench arm plastic tubing, and if so what is the size (what can I say, I like the looks of it).

Although I do want to point out the fact that your post about...
now to spam out 5 posts.. :P
is a somewhat dangerous and misguided joke.  I know it was in jest, but nevertheless it is considered poor netiquette to spam, and can result in banishment from the forums, something I wouldn't be too happy about what with just seeing this the first of your conversion posts on the Ork forum (and I, as well as others would like to see more).

So be careful and don't piss off any mods.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline LordKriegan

• Ork Yoof
  • I'm gonna crump and stomp on everyfing in mah way.
    • Something.
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 02:29:04 AM »
mmm you know you could also use the extra arms from the deff dread kits. i had a couple left over from my first dread (being a total noob and douche i glued the skorcha and the big shoota on) so i turned a couple of my koptas into green barons ;D (well kinda... they have big shootas not rokkits... i run my koptaz in squads of three with each kopta having different equipment for wound allocation... dunno how it works >_> havent really played much lately, never got a chance to test the Deff Skwadz out..)

ooooh and if anyones wondering on how you could model a big bomm on a kopta (assuming you want it with a big shoota), heres a picture of one of mine:

crap. can't find my camera and its too late for me to go digging around for it. anyways... what you do is just cut off the TOP TWO rokkit (tips only). simple as that... then i used boy shoota arms to attach to the barrels left over and presto instant twin linked big shoota. and of course i attached a deff dread arm underneath for a buzzsaw.. if i find my camera then ill show you guys what i mean ^^

Offline Chaos40kAD

• Ork Boy
  • On wings of flame
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »
And this is certainly a quick and effective looking konversion you have here Chaos40kAD. Are the round bits you used on the wench arm plastic tubing, and if so what is the size (what can I say, I like the looks of it).

Hey thanks man, I painted most of it, and it looks pretty awesome really with the little spikey bits painted red to match the rest of the gubbins and wot nots on the kotpa.  It's not actually tubing its just solid rod. It's "Evergreen" brand http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/Shapes.htm  and I think its the .15 rod (i'll check when I get home today)  I have an assload of different sizes and shapes from building my two Chaos titans (which are nearing completion :D

Yeah the spam joke wasn't too pro I guess in hindsight ;)

-Brett
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:41:23 AM by Chaos40kAD »
-Ben Franklin