News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Procrastination Tavern  (Read 16998 times)

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
Re: Procrastination Tavern
« Reply #120 on: June 2, 2010, 09:06:02 PM »
As Shalken walked by the stairwell, he realised that... perhaps, just perhaps this whole thing could be solved by a simple realisation of...

The thought flicked in and out of his mind.

Vosrik finds no airvents, yet he feels a draft from the other side of the room, where a few floorboards appear to have rotten through.

Nomsheep descended the stairs, the growling stopped, and as he looked over the banister he saw that the stairs went down for 5 decks until it hit rusty, stagnant water.

VK follows nomstuff, and a few hairs prick up on the back of his head.

The party tries to rally itself, but will it succeed or will the dramatic backstabbing by PM be the undoing of all... answers on the back of a postcard :)
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Nomsheep, the Modhunter.

• Sanity is for the weak,
  • Armies: Dark eldar and sons of malice.
« Reply #121 on: June 6, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »
nomsheep climbed over the side of the stairs and jumped down a floor, then down the next floor, then down again till he reached the bottom of the stairs. he drew his war scythe and advanced.

summary: jumped to the bottom and advanced

Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;
Rule 66: the cake is a lie

Working tirelessly to revive BattleFleet Fury

WE need YOU

Offline Vosrik

• Adventures make one late for dinner!
  • Armies: Space Marines
« Reply #122 on: June 7, 2010, 08:56:52 AM »
Vosrik pulls out his meltagun and gets down on his stomach. Being very careful not to get too close to the edge so as to not fall through, he wiggles to the edge of the broken boards and peers down to look at the creature below.

Summary: Vosrik goes to look at the creature beneath through the broken boards, keeping his meltagun at the ready to defend himself if necessary.

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #123 on: June 9, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »
[Come on guys!]

As Vosrik looked down he wiped his eyes in disbelief, it appeared a thousand furry creatures were racing up the stairs, little were-rats.

Nomstuff landed in the middle of the huge furry mass, and then began to feel many small bites as the furry horde descended upon him.
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Vosrik

« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2010, 04:03:22 AM »
Vosrik gasps and yells, "SKAVEN!!!" He takes aim, and begins raining meltafire down onto the were-rat things.

Offline Shalken

• DeviantART
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2010, 04:06:20 AM »
Shalken, seeing the swarms of were-rats running up the stairs, facepalms and says, "I knew we should have gone someplace where we would have had more room...especially to do this!"
With a sweep of his sword, a wave of energy fires out from the blade in the direction of the oncoming carpet.
"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
- Gandalf

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2010, 10:05:54 AM »
Tangi hears the commotion going on in the stairwell.

''What the... ????  Better go see what the beslubber is going on! :P''

Summary: Tangi arms himself, and leaves the LR to go investigate.

Offline Shalken

• DeviantART
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2010, 03:51:46 AM »
(Come on, Swiper! POST!)
"What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?"
- Gandalf

Offline Blackveil

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2010, 06:54:06 AM »
Dark Corsair walks in, and, seeing Tangi getting eaten by little were-rats, decides to..............go play foosball.
2011 Grim Open GT Best General

« Reply #129 on: July 2, 2010, 01:44:14 PM »
nomsheep, uses his threadomancy powers and attacks the rats with fervour
Someday someone will say something about me witty or memorable enough to put here til then enjoy this;

WE need YOU

Offline Vosrik

« Reply #130 on: July 24, 2010, 06:09:00 PM »
aaaand then the thread dies.

The end.

Offline Dralith

• never say dice
  • Armies: Craftworld Bionerath and Badtoof's Moonstompas
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »
Having been rifling through pockets for what seems like months, Teege has found nothing except a rotten purple fruit. Giving up in despair, he follows the almost lost track of the Land Raider back to a strange tavern standing lonely in the wastes. Entering cautiously, he sees several dusty drinks and $25 cash on the bartop. Fearing discovery, although the place appears to be abandoned, he swiftly pockets the money and gulps down a series of neat scotches and B-52s, before passing out on the floor even more swiftly. His body is later found by inquisitive mods.
And Oromë loved the Quendi, and named them in their own tongue Eldar, the people of the stars.

« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2010, 04:28:49 PM »
after discovering his threadomancy fail he shot teege in the head. :)

WE need YOU

« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »
*chants in circle, with the mission failing and swiper appearing to have gone the way of tangi, BL, dreddog, vk, vosrik, the other one and starky. He returned everyone to the pub where they had started the day :)

a feeling of dejavu swept over everyone as they began the day anew

In the middle of a forgotten desolate continent, on a world that is vaguely remembered by Ace Rimmer for being the site of the greatest smoked kippers in any dimension, there is a building.

It stands alone, the continent long abandoned by its former inhabitants, with some unspeakable nasties crawling the woods and ruins each night.

The building is large, there are no visible small points, the facility is placed behind 20 foot tall electrified fences, behind the fence, by 60 or so metres and a selection of Tarantula sentry guns a large entrance stands - re-inforced bulkhead doors infront of a 'Welcome' mat. Over the bulkhead doors is a sign 'Procrastination Tavern'.

The doors open slowly and you enter a decontamination area, where jets of hot air hits you.

You stand there for a few seconds as a lone CCTV camera watches you, the decontamination door opens and you enter a large entrance hall. A man stands behind the bar, cleaning glasses, he wear's a battered black Kriegsmarine jacket, a Luigi hat and a t-shirt with 'Always with the Negative Waves, Moriarty' scribbled cross it in red permenant marker.

To your right are a couple of foosball tables, air hockey, a juke box, and other arcade and amusement machines. There is a lift with 'Reservations' above it and a place to swipe your card.

To your left is a seated dining area and a large number of comfy chairs and tables.

The man watches you and then smiles and points at a selection of models behind the bar, "Welcome to the Procrastination Tavern, run by me, Swiper. Behind me are models of the past Taverns, some loathed, some reverred and the rules here are simply. Don't smash anything deliberately, don't start fights with each other - unless its Serious Business, and don't antagonise the...," he points at a selection of photographs near the foosball tables, "finest foosball players the Universe has ever seen..."

WE need YOU