News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1,000 point Goff List  (Read 961 times)

Offline Cryonicleech

• WAAGH!
1,000 point Goff List
« on: December 9, 2008, 01:00:13 AM »
'ello Ladz! Recently purchased black reach and a friend gave me his orks from black reach so i basically have 2 black reach Ork Armies. Decided to write up a list.

HQ
Warboss
Power Klaw
'Eavy Armor
(Accompanying the Nobz, Da boss is generally used to add weight get in close with vehicles if such an opportunity presents itself)

Elites
7 Kommandos
Boss Snikrot
(Hopefully will be able to get in some early charges)

Troops

30 Ork Boyz
(Note: Will not be fielding big shootas because in order to get into close quarters as soon as possible to avoid the inevitable "gettin shot up before da boyz can get stuck in" and will be running a lot)

10 Nobz
'Eavy Armor
Trukk(Red Paint Job, Armor Plates)

(both units will be used for assaulting stuff, what more can I say?? The Nobz will be supported by da boss)

Fast Attack

3 Deffkoptas
Rokkits

3 Deffkoptas
Rokkits

(The "Anti tank" of this army, generally used to shoot vehicles or just harass the enemy infantry)

So that's it. Comments on how to use it please, I'd rather not get "Spam rokkits, Don't take Snikrot, mount your boyz in trukks, Nobz are bad without painboyz, give your trukk such and such yadda yadda yadda" 

« Last Edit: December 9, 2008, 01:09:18 AM by Cryonicleech »

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
Re: 1,000 point Goff List
« Reply #1 on: December 9, 2008, 01:56:08 AM »
well I won't try the Blah blah blah part of your list to how to use your list.

scout move your deffakoptas up the board turbo boost just need to be 12 inches away from the enemy should get some first turn side an rear armour plus think about a buzz saw on one that way if rokkits fail you can assault the armour.

kommandos not very goff like but hey they could have been hired for the fight due to sninkrot with them.

I really think you need more boys or try and get a squad of twelve on a truck to support your nobs and da boss

Offline Badb Catha

• My way isn't very sportsmanlike...
« Reply #2 on: December 9, 2008, 02:34:17 AM »
I love AOBR.  That's such a good start for building your ork army! 

The kommandos are a little too fragile.  8 orks generally isn't enough, and although Snikrot is scary, I think you just need more bodies on the table.

Boyz are good, but with Nobz they really shine.  I strongly recommend a Nob with a PK and a bosspole for every boy squad.  PKs and Bosspoles can be made out of plasticard if you don't have plans to buy anything else for a while.  Alternatively, you can get the boy box (cause more boyz is always good) and get another Nob, a PK and two Bosspoles.  I would take the 165 points from your kommando squad and use it to split your boy squad into two squads of 20 boyz, each with a Nob, PK, and bosspole.  This will allow you to field all the boyz you own, as well as get two of those all important PKs in there.

I personally think that cybork bodies is a better buy for Nobz.  It costs the same, and you can always use it.  You can usually get a 4+ cover save if your Trukk blows up, too.  It's also the only bit of protection you can get against enemy 'fists.  If you're going to take that many Nobz, you pretty much need a Painboy.  You could be giving them FNP for less points per model than your 'eavy armour.  (Really you should have both).  Also, the large Nob squad is another place you can put PKs, and bosspoles.  The fact that you have one Trukk on the board means two things.  (1) You always want to go first.  (2) It's going to die.  Fast.  I would scout move/zoom your koptas in front of it, taking what rokkit shots they can, and give your Trukk a cover save.  Ideally you'd be able to completely hide it from enemy LOS with large terrain.  Failing that I would throw it as close to your foe as you can get.

I like the backbone of your list.  Be sure and get some test games in to figure out what's working for you, and what might need reconfiguring.  Happy krumpin'!
« Last Edit: December 9, 2008, 02:38:26 AM by Badb Catha »

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: December 9, 2008, 10:21:32 AM »
Nobs need a Painboy if they want Cybork Bodies, so based on the OP's comments about suggesting such things, that's out.

But a Cybork Body on the Warboss is a very good idea.  Costs a little more then the 'eavy Armour, but he'll usually get hit with Power Weapons or Fists, so the 'eavy Armour is essentially worthless to him.

Other then that, what can I say?

Oh, other then put one of those Nobs in the Boy Mob.  Somehow a Goff Mob without a Nob just doesn't seem right.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline Cryonicleech

• WAAGH!
« Reply #4 on: December 9, 2008, 06:11:55 PM »
The Kommandos are kept small due mostly to points limit and used to hunt things like Devestator squads to protect the trukk.

Another note, I'll be playing against Space Marines(or chaos) soon and I'll tell you how it goes.