News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Progressive List for campaign/tourney: 1500 pts (for now)  (Read 431 times)

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
Progressive List for campaign/tourney: 1500 pts (for now)
« on: March 30, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »
I'm currently building upon the concept of a small, elite (as far as orks go) army, that can be built upon.

I'm not sure what direction I'm going to take it, and depending upon the rules for the campaign/tourney, I will build it to tailor my opponents or styles, to a certain extent, but I'd like some comments on what I've currently got.

Warboss w/ Bike, PK, Kombi-Skorcha, Squig, Cybork
Warboss w/ Bike, PK, Kombi-Skorcha, Squig, Cybork

Nob Bikers x4 - Pain Boy, Waagh Banner, Stikkbombs, Boss Pole, 1 Orderly
                     1 PK, 1 Kombi-skorcha and Big Choppa

Nob Bikers x4 - Pain Boy, Waagh Banner, Stikkbombs, Boss Pole, 1 Orderly
                     1 PK, 1 Kombi-skorcha and Big Choppa

Deff Koptas x3 - 3 TL- Rokkits, 1 Big Bomb
Deff Kopta - BuzzSaw
Deff Kopta - BuzzSaw

Killa Kan x2 - Rokkit, Grot Riggers

Very few models, I know, but many of them are very resilient. Warbosses will tend to run with the Bikers, to benefit from the pain boy and provide yet more power, but I can strip them off to go after other problem targets like many MCs or armor as needed.

I probably have plenty of AT guns in the form of 9 rokkits over 4 squads and of course, plenty of big shootas and power klaws, and some anti-gribblings in the form of a number of Skorchas, even if one shot. Mounted on bikes, I can make those shots count.

Please feel free to comment, and I'm curious what your thoughts are on where to expand or how... Granted I'm not sure of all of the details of the campaign so I don't know what sort of rules will come into effect.
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline Gutstikk

• Infinity Circuit | Title here to be dreaded 'til further notice. Rummy's Deepstriking Pylon
  • Ancient
  • I am a Wolf.
Re: Progressive List for campaign/tourney: 1500 pts (for now)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 01:07:13 AM »
[psst - it's all cityfight, so consider which Strategems are likely to appeal to you as well! Also, let me know if you need to borrow some bikerz...]

If you somehow have points to up the nob bikers you oughta, since you have the painboy, you have the bosspole, you have the waaaagh! banner - these things spread across the whole unit and therefore the more boys, the more economies of scale work for you. Don't know your unit cost for it but it's gotta be at least 300pts. The Big Choppa is not needed for the unit with a PK but is a nice addition since you have the K-skorch. The Orderlies are total trash in my opinion and not worth bothering to keep track of; as you've rightly demonstrated to me, the only thing Nobs will be eating is AT fire.

You want 5 Nobs because that's two succesful AT kills [with cover save, 4 shots in most situations from S8+] or 4 normal wounds [which will be, in most situations, which means 16 wounding hits, before you gotta test on LD. Though - I'm now suspecting that's where your bosses come into play, so that actually looks all right... Put the bosspole, banner and etc on the Painboy first.

This list looks downright ugly. It will kill stuff pretty dead, especially with all the buildings and etc of cityfights involved. To expand you will want some trukks most likely, so that you can climb buildings; the Deffkoptas are okay but will need support at higher levels.