News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork vs. whatever  (Read 492 times)

Offline Grotsnik

• Ork Boy
Ork vs. whatever
« on: January 29, 2008, 02:17:09 AM »
Hey fellow greenskins since our part of this site is kinda lacking what do you say to filling it out? should we create a ork vs. marine, chaos, tau, panzie, and beakie, uumie', and bug parts to help our fellow orks out? further more what about each unit cmon' greenies help our young spores out here.  If you have a nugget of knowledge or a tip feel free to post new or old we all can bennifet from some input. 

Or mabey not I don't know but get off your green arses and help.

Offline Karadram

• A new threat on the Eastern Fringes...
Re: Ork vs. whatever
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 03:03:49 AM »
I think this is a good idea, however, the new Codex has been out for.. a month? I think more time (and play) is needed before this can be made. So that people can actually get a feel of the units and not just give advice solely from how the unit looks.

Ofcourse people might already have played a few games, in that case feel free to post your experiences! :)

Offline Grand Duke Jerot

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 10:35:47 AM »
I have only played a few Ork games so far, but from what I have seen, Lootas are quite good against any army. D3 S7 Ap 4 shots from a mob of 15 is devestating, no matter how you roll for dakka. It'll put enough wounds on marines to kill about 1-2 per point you get on your D3 at 15 guys. Medium armored troops, like eldar are killed even easier by them. But the best effect is against light tanks. Even though the strength is at the lower end of effetiveness, the potential for lots of shots means that anything AV 12 or lower is probably going to be destroyed by loota shooting in one volley. They even work half decently against horde armies. But that's just my two cents.
When life gives you lemons, squeeze the lemon juice into the eyes of heretics!

Offline Krobnar Bug Squisha

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »
I've found that the biker boss, following beside a unit of boyz is very effective at getting to where the killing is needed.  If there is a tank causing you problems, the boss will take care of it, just don't send him after MC with Str 10 and anything with a DCCW and you will be happy.

Against 'nids I've noticed that BW w/ deff rolla (or Trukk to stay cheap) and Mega-Armored Nobz are great at synapse hunting.  A Tyrant is lucky if he can kill 2 MaNz in close combat before getting popped.  Warriors are the only synapse thing that are scary to the MaNz, but luckily you can give them a couple of Skorchas.