News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork Headquarters  (Read 2144 times)

Offline AceV53

Ork Headquarters
« on: August 27, 2002, 12:13:57 AM »
     This section hasn't had a new topic in quite a while.  :(
     What does your Ork HQ usually comprise of? Has it proven a very worth adversary against your oppenents? I'm lookin into the Orks as a possible army choice and I've created two regular lists and a Speed Freeks List.
     My HQ consists of a Warboss with 'Eavy Armor, Bionic Bonce, Power Claw, Choppa and Big Gob. He's accompanied by 5 Nobz in 'Eavy Armor with 4 power claws and the HQ is mounted in a Wartrukk.
     Some people say that the Warboss shouldn't have a power claw because he has the best initiative in the army but I think I need more hard hitters and besides he can take 3 wounds.
     I hope this will revive the Ork section a bit. I'll try and post more often to provide some Ork comfort  ;D
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
- General George Patton (1885-1945)

"All I ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work."
-Steve Martin in Sergeant Bilko

Offline Lord Argroth

• Death to the withered old man on the golden toilet
Re:Ork Headquarters
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2002, 07:15:47 AM »
I have a Warboss with WYSIWYG weapons and 'Eavy Armour. He's got 5 Nobz as his friends again as WYSIWYG. I have been meaning to make a huge custom Warboss for my army but I haven't got round to it yet. Theres loads of other things I wanna add first, like more Trukks, finish off my Bikez, get some Nobz in Mega Armour and maybe build a BattleWagon out of a Land Raider.
Death to the enemies of Lord Argroth!

Think you can beat the name Lord Argroth?Then please send me a Personal Message with a cool name for a Khorne Lord but one which also fits in with normal Black Legion armies PLEASE!

Yeah but Slaanesh followers aren't real men. I mean who would walk around threatening people with a speaker and a siren? ;)
Quoted from Silverthorn

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2002, 03:18:59 AM »
My HQ is the smallest yet most expensive, and deadly part of my 3000+ Ork army,

The Scythe Of Sematii:
Warlord Nazgrim 'The Scythe' 'Ard Gor/ Mega Armour, Mega Boosta, All Kustom Jobs, Stikkabomb Chucka =110pts
2*Nobz/ Mega Armour, Mega Boosta, Kombi Shoota/Skorcha
=136pts
2*Nobz/ Mega Armour, Mega Boosta, All Kustom Jobs
=138pts
1*Nob/ Eavy Armour, Waaagh Banner, Rokkit Launcher
=56pts
Trukk/ Rokkit Launcher, Armour Plates
=40pts

All up 480 pts, move them at speed drop them off watch SM boy parts fly, if only the rest of my army was this good.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2002, 08:31:55 PM by The Scythe of Sematii »

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2002, 09:41:56 PM »
Ok, so I don't play Orks but a guy on our group does.

He has a Warboss with Big Shoota, 'Eavy armor, Bionic Bonce, Bionik Arm, Cybork body and Powerclaw
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2002, 04:02:43 PM »
I helped my son make a warbike boss.  Converted a metal ork with power claw to ride a bike.  Last week when we battled the armored company his boss on a bike killed, 3 chimera's, 3 leman russ's, 2 griffons, and helped kill the bane blade.  (his boma boys did the rest) I think he only costs 140 points.  (dont have his list) A definite good choice.  
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2002, 06:06:34 PM »
If you give him a Bionik arm as well it counts as a second CCW so he'll get that extra attack.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++