News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: We seem horribly outnumbered....  (Read 2429 times)

Offline Imperial Sardaukar

We seem horribly outnumbered....
« on: August 23, 2002, 01:48:44 PM »
Well, its kinda funny. The Ork section of this forum has so few posts. Im kind of surprised really. I thought there would be more Ork players out there, who managed to find their way onto here.

I picked an Ork army because everytime i went to the GW store in my city, everyone (Everyone) would play Space Marines. And so, i took an army that fewer people use. But im hoping there are more Ork commanders out there then there seems to be. Otherwise...im alittle scared. Cant kick the crap out of the Oomies by myself....i dont have no Trukks yet....  :'(

Did i also mention that us Ork Warbosses here should band together in a huge Waaaagh and kick the crap out of all the other armies? Just to prove that we could? Get ourselves some noteriety here? Whos with me on this dangit?  ;D

Offline Lord Argroth

• Death to the withered old man on the golden toilet
Re:We seem horribly outnumbered....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 03:07:15 PM »
....i dont have no Trukks yet....  :'(

How the hell can you not have any Trukks yet? I couldn't play without my beloved trukks. I got about 5 of them and use as many as I can in every game! I use a Speed Freeks army though so I still want some more. I just think that they make the game more interesting.

And besides, we dont need to join together because all the other armies know we could kick the crap outta them without any sweat.
Death to the enemies of Lord Argroth!

Think you can beat the name Lord Argroth?Then please send me a Personal Message with a cool name for a Khorne Lord but one which also fits in with normal Black Legion armies PLEASE!

Yeah but Slaanesh followers aren't real men. I mean who would walk around threatening people with a speaker and a siren? ;)
Quoted from Silverthorn

Offline Warlord Fragskull

• A'nuva wound, a'nuva battle
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 04:28:23 PM »
Heh heh. I play Speed Freeks and I don't have trukks yet. I feel stupid.
Right now I'm making a kickass ork battlewagon. It may be too small, but it is too big to be anything else that I can use in tourneys.
I'll try to get a pic up soon.
Everybody has a little green in them.

"Wez nev'a gonna stopz. Wez jus' keeps onz goin'z."
-Warlord Fragskull to Grishsnik right before wiping out an entire Imperial armored company during the Seige of Helsreach (Third War of Armageddon).

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 09:31:08 PM »
Aaah the beloveded Battlewagon, aaah.
To make battlewagon buy a Land Raider and convert it, it'll looks so cool. Trukks nah! I've only got 3 and battle I only use one. (Did I forget to mention The Scythe of Sematii, aka Warlord Nazgrim 'Ard Gor. A member of the Bad Moon Clan) Also I have 2 Dreads made from IG Sentinels (pitty I don't have a scanner cuz you guys have got to see one of these) Come to think of it not one of my vehicles have undergone an overhaul, in Mekavinci the Mek's garage, not even the bikes or buggies.
And then there's the boyz, this is what I have converted, 15'Ard Boyz, 10 Tankbustas, 10 Burna Boyz w/Mekboy and the Chain Boyz (SEE PREVIOUS POST ON THESE GUYS).

I love orks the possibilities are endless, how can you not?
My first army was Orks (brought them about 4 years ago) and I never came out from underneath the engine, too muc' tinker'g to do!

Offline Warlord Fragskull

• A'nuva wound, a'nuva battle
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2002, 07:46:42 AM »
Sentinal dreads. Cool. I'm wasn't copying you but I had the same idea. But I was going to make Killa Kans out of the sentinal squad. Just by three dread arms and attach. Oh and you might want to change the guardsmen with a grot or ork. And there you have it, a Killy Killa Kan squad.
Everybody has a little green in them.

"Wez nev'a gonna stopz. Wez jus' keeps onz goin'z."
-Warlord Fragskull to Grishsnik right before wiping out an entire Imperial armored company during the Seige of Helsreach (Third War of Armageddon).

Offline Lord Argroth

• Death to the withered old man on the golden toilet
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2002, 06:25:18 PM »
I'm just eyeing up some minis to finish my bike squads off. I think 2 or 3 Space Marine bikes will do nicely. Make it a 5 Ork squad. I'm trying to get a scavenger feel to this squad by using Ork and SM bikes and a lot of converting skill to create a well formed squad.
Death to the enemies of Lord Argroth!

Think you can beat the name Lord Argroth?Then please send me a Personal Message with a cool name for a Khorne Lord but one which also fits in with normal Black Legion armies PLEASE!

Yeah but Slaanesh followers aren't real men. I mean who would walk around threatening people with a speaker and a siren? ;)
Quoted from Silverthorn

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2002, 08:05:21 PM »
But I was going to make Killa Kans out of the sentinal squad. Just by three dread arms and attach.

Forget buy arms make em. My first dread looks kinda lancky with alot of the Gubbinz coming from non-Games Workshop bitz, while my second dread came from an idea in a White Dwarf. The second (Commonly know as the SUPER SLAYER Dread), was made from a great deal of Land Raider parts, and bitz from the last sentinel. I brought the Sentinel squadron, but the last sentinel got demolished when I was trying to create a VDR dread. (I'lld advise against ever doing this for Orks as the dread cost so much for so little that a normal dread is the best)

I'm just eyeing up some minis to finish my bike squads off. I think 2 or 3 Space Marine bikes will do nicely. Make it a 5 Ork squad. I'm trying to get a scavenger feel to this squad by using Ork and SM bikes and a lot of converting skill to create a well formed squad.
Use Chaos SM as they look like an ork bike, just shave of the pointy metal work.