News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Konyv

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Hi!
« on: August 23, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've been reading WH 40k for about, i don't know, five or more years now and am finally getting back into the table top. When I first played for a few months I got burned out when none of the local people would try and teach the game. They would just play my army for me basically. :/
I got back into it after watching way to many Lore Vids from OneMindSyndicate on youtube and I found a local GW store that is really into teaching newbies. I am looking forward to getting active again.

-Konyv

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »
Welcome to 40K Online :).

I note that you used to play Orks, is this the army that you are planning on making your come back with?  If so, you are choosing a good time to do so, as Orks seem rather handy at this time.

It's a shame that you had such an unfortunate experience when you first started.  Nobody here will play your army for you though, they'll just be on hand to give you advice if you need it.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 11:06:31 AM »
Hi Konyv and welcome to 40konline. I hope you have better luck with the game this time around.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Konyv

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 11:33:34 AM »
Irisado, I did start with Orks and loved the Lootas. I will get back to them in time, but I bought the Dark Imperium box set so I will paint and play those to start. After that I am not sure who I will take up next.

Alienscar, Glad to be back in. I think I will. First time I walked into the local GW they were doing a newbie class at one table and there were lots of active people either playing or painting. Much better signs than the gaming shop in my old town. :D