News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]  (Read 200784 times)

Offline Markay

• Lieutenant Colonel | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Hardcore card whore.
    • My Portfolio Website
Re: Liber Chaotic, Player Chaos Armies.
« Reply #40 on: March 7, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »
wow wow wow web ghost  :o Those are probably the most evil looking chaos marines I've seen.

And lastnotice, amazing wings on that fella, nice one.

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #41 on: March 7, 2007, 02:21:24 PM »
Mutants!

More stuff yet to come ;).

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #42 on: March 7, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »
nice.  I like the dude in the center back row in the first pick the best i think.  The dude next to him with the yellow eyes is a cool color scheme as well. 

later WG

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #43 on: March 7, 2007, 04:41:57 PM »
very nice mutants really remind me of deadish pirates  lol. loving it man.

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #44 on: March 8, 2007, 02:02:53 PM »
thanks for the compliments ;).
One of the plaguebearers I'm working on for my WHFB daemon legion:

Offline Deathklok

• Bad Trader, scam artist, not to be trusted. BANNED
  • Finally, I got BANNED
« Reply #45 on: March 8, 2007, 02:09:59 PM »
Ghost, HOLY CRIMENY!!!! Nice army! I love the sculpted 'bearers, they look much more like the artwork for them than GW's.

Hey, Nurgles maybe file off the ees and give him the cyclopean look? With a horn to cover the job? That would make them look much more like plaguebearers instead of undead Orcs. He looks good though.
Man I Have GOT to get my Digicam working to show you guys my Nurgle "Bloodfly Legion" and my "Legion of Brass" ("counts as"Worldeaters).
And so, after much wait, BANNED

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #46 on: March 8, 2007, 02:16:29 PM »
Hey, Nurgles maybe file off the ees and give him the cyclopean look? With a horn to cover the job? That would make them look much more like plaguebearers instead of undead Orcs. He looks good though.
i have!, there are more in the works, with one eye and bloated bellies and shaven off ears and so on. i have run out of undercoat spray, so i'll have to wait to paint them. i'll post the unpainted pics tomorrow, as i cannot locate my camera batteries :P.
BTW its nurgle5, it kinda looks ,like an s when you're replying to a post, just to let you know for future refernce.

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #47 on: March 8, 2007, 02:22:23 PM »
hmm i like him other then 2 much ork bits. i think he woulda looked wicked sweet with some CSM legs instead of the orks. and maybe a shoulder pad or a diffrent arm. but he is cool as is 2. undead orks would be fun 2 make as an ork army.

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #48 on: March 8, 2007, 02:30:56 PM »
Thanks a bunch Nurgleboy.  I sculpted the first one off of an illustration of a plague bearer by Kopinski (my favortie GW artist)  its not in the codex though, can't remember where it is.  Some WD I guess.

Nice idea for the plague bearers Nurgle5.  they look great.  between you and me it shows the depths of how far people will go to avoid GW plague bearers.  Though I finally broke down and bought a fair few of them and I like them just fine.  I like to think anyway that the minions of the ruinous powers come in all shapes and sizes.  You aim to summon some plague bearers and you end up with plagued dudes instead.  As such, I named my pestigor plague bearer conversions Plagued Ones and like to think of them as some sort of castle guard for a Daemon Prince or something that get summoned into the fray sometimes.
Stoked on your conversions.
for some terrible reason I've been slowly building up a ton of plague bearers for some massive plague bearer daemon bomb type army.  I have twenty eight so far.  I want to get my hands on the older metals so that I can have em' all.  I even considered getting some bile thralls from the Warmachine range. 

later WG

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #49 on: March 8, 2007, 02:34:23 PM »
@ lastnotice he's not for 40k, he for destined to fight in the old world(WHFB), so a pair of CSM legs might not convey that too well.

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #50 on: March 8, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »
oh my bad nvm then lol. then hes cool as is.

Offline You are all Nerdzzz

• Including me
« Reply #51 on: March 8, 2007, 03:22:30 PM »
@markay:very nice slanneshi army and your lord thats a hot conversion.
@Web Ghost:That spawn is the creapiest thing I have ever seen,it sends shivers down my spine.*udders a thought*
@Nurgle5:nice mutants I like the kinda pinky flesh.
Nice armies all you other guys I don't have time to comment on.
BUT NOT REALLY INCLUDING ME
College | Reviews | Teams | Wiki | Babes | Shop

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #52 on: March 9, 2007, 08:46:20 PM »
Very very nice Mutants. If I make a new LatD army, my mutants will be like those. WebGhost, your army is just plain sweet.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2007, 05:32:24 AM »
some WIP plaguebearers:

there's more but my camera battery was low :(.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 10:51:10 PM »
Cool orky Plaguebearrers. Are they for 40k or fantasy?
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2007, 06:22:37 AM »
Fantasy, but while I'm here, here's my WHFB Slaaneshi champion:

and sorceress:

• Ancient
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »
That is very good use of the Lucius model, and the inquisitor works as well, I was going to say buff her up, but I see that she is a sorceress. Though I'm really interested to see more mutants  :D
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2007, 06:39:25 AM »
thanks ;), i had mutants WIP but they've all vanished, but i'm working on some more. if can find any more spare bitz, that is!

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2007, 03:42:58 AM »
First off, Webghost you continue to blow us away with your work. Keep it up, nothing in the frothing pits of Hell looks as bad ass as your army. nurgal5, your just a converting machine. Now that the browning of noses has concluded, here is my Chaos Sorcerer for my Lovecraft themed Chaos Undivided army.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/UDwizard1.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/UDwizard2.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/UDwizard3.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e46/0verkill235/The%20Deep%20Ones%20CMS%20Legion/UDwizard4.jpg

The thing that he is mounted on counts as a Familiar. Its a green stuff base with rocks I found on top of another green stuff base. I still haven't settled on his powers yet but I'm still experimenting with lists. For fluff reasons he will have Demonic Visage .   
Death before Dismount!

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 04:51:12 PM »
nice sorceror overkill_235 :)!
nurgal5, your just a converting machine.
well, i do try :D 8). finally finished converting another unit of 15 mutants and a big mutant and a base of gibbering hordes and a new damon prince to lead the horde...phew! i'll post pics tomorrow, as its dark and lighting is poor(duh ::)!).