News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1700 pt Aliotoc RTT list...  (Read 1951 times)

Offline nickthewise

• The Dice Abide
1700 pt Aliotoc RTT list...
« on: January 27, 2002, 07:19:36 PM »
Aliotoc
HQ
Farseer w/ witchblade, fortune, sp- 76
Warlock w/ conceal, ccw, sp- 33
TROOPS
10xRangers- 190
20xGuardians w/ Starcannon- 210
5xRangers- 95
5xRangers- 95
5xRangers- 95
5xRangers- 95
ELITES
10xFire Dragons. Mounted in Waveserpent w/ Twin Brightlances- 295
10xStriking Scorpions w/ Haywire grenades. Mounted in Waveserpent w/ Twin Brightlances- 315
FAST ATTACK
3xVyper w/ Starcannon- 195
TOTAL: 1694

My basic strategy is to have the Rangers sit back and shoot, while I have my concealed/fortuned guardidans act as cannon fauder.  My Scorpions will engage my opponent in close combat, or use their haywire grenades to help take out tanks.  The fire dragons will take out tanks and heavily armoured troops.  The Vypers are there to soften up the enemy before the Scorps/Dragons get in, they will also be used to claim table quarters.
Lemme know what you think!

Cheantoa

Re:1700 pt Aliotoc RTT list...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2002, 08:14:18 PM »
Beautiful man. I'm finding it harder & harder to judge army lists cause I can see the good strategic points in everything... but that's half way between boasting and acting like an idiot...so all I can say is that that's seriously gonna kick summat.
My only advice is to break up that vyper unit into 3 units each with 1 vyper, to increase survivability. safety in numbers just doesn't exist in expensive units... I'm guessing that the farseer is casting guide on the unit of 10 rangers... that should be able to pull nicely on any company... 5 rolls on the disruption table bring tears to eyes thinking of clobbering pinned tau- :) :'(

Offline dark_wind

• It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2002, 08:19:09 PM »
nice list...make sure your vypers are in seperate squads....and i assume your warlock is joined with the guardian squad...otherwise drop conceal and take destructor or enhance
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...'skip a bit Brother...'"

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!
                      http://project86.com/

Offline Lonjon

• Google
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 03:15:28 AM »
I'm shocked that you aren't fielding as many 5 man Alaitoc Pathfinder squads as you possibly can.  Those guys are an excellent buy for the points that you pay for them, and they can only be had in the Alaitoc list.  They also add a nice bit of character to your army.
'Stop misquoting me!'   - Jain Zar

Offline Khal Ynnoth

• Death before Dis-honour
  • Armies: Eldar - Saim Hann, Space Marines - Storm Crows
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2002, 07:13:19 AM »
I would drop the Scorps, take 2 5 man squads of Pathfinders (gives you two more rolls on the disruption table as well as their ace AP1 50% of the time).
Drop the Fire Dragons Wave Serpent and spend the rest of the points on a wraithlord and more Rangers to get those squads above 5.
Let the enemy come to you.
I don't know how effective this would be, but the Fire Dragons can redeploy reasonably quickly and a Ranger army is surprisingly Tough if there is enough cover on the table.

I love Scorps and WS's normally, but I feel Alaitoc ought to feel like Alaitoc and witout any Pathfinders it just doesn't sit well.

You could also just drop the 1 WS's and take 1 5 man squad of Pathfinders and a Wraithlord, or only drop 1 WS and just take the Pathfinders, but I really wouldn't neglect these wonderful chaps.

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.
Their cause is ours, this blood seals our fates forever!"
 - Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi