News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fast Biel tan army Please Help!!  (Read 625 times)

Offline Dark Reaper314

• I'm a llama!
Fast Biel tan army Please Help!!
« on: January 2, 2003, 08:12:36 PM »
Ok heres the deal im new to eldar and after a while have decided on Biel Tan Assualt army heres my List i could use some advice. I will be playing SM and DE exclusively Thanx for any Help!!+

Farseer- Guide, RoW, Ghosthelm

8 SS + Exarch- Scorpion Claw

IN Waveserpent

8 HB + Exarch- Executioner and Power Blades

IN Waveserpent

5 FD + Exarch- firepike and Tank Hunter

4 DR + Exarch- EML and Fast Shot

3 Vypers- SS, SC

Falcon- Holofield,SS,BL

Carries FDs

All Waveserpents have SS and tl Brightlance

This gives me  about 40 points to work with but i think i need more asault power. Tell me what u think.

Help Me please!!

Offline spacepiper

• Soul Rebel
  • One Love; Bob Marley
    • EldarOnline
Re: Fast Biel tan army Please Help!!
« Reply #1 on: January 3, 2003, 11:38:52 AM »
Well, you might want to think about giving your farseer a weapon, otherwise he is going to look pretty dumb when the fighting gets going and the only thing he can do is try to headbutt people with his ghosthelm.
“The ends you serve that are selfish will take you no further than yourself: but the ends you serve that are for all, in common, will take you into eternity.” –Marcus Garvey

Offline theonlybangalsfan

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2003, 12:04:01 AM »
dark reapers are house. if you get the exarch a plasma eml and crack shot he'll get so many hits.guardians are a must too.I'm also not a fan of the vyper. it's all about war walkers. count'em two heavy weapons

Offline G8680

• Nothing can be foolproof, fools are so ingenious.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2003, 12:28:56 AM »
actually, that looks pretty good for a small army.  guardians are good, but since you're biel-tan, i like that you didn't take any.  with the 40pts, take a weapon for your farseer, or make full squads with your SS and HB.  However, it is bad that GW makes you buy an extra model to have a full squad.  or even vehicle upgrades.  CTM works well with lots of terrain
I don't believe in cheese.  If it's in the rules, it's fair game.  Personally, all the "cheesy" lists are not very good.  There is always an easy way to beat those lists with any standard army.  Use a variety of squads and lots of guardian meat.  Have strategies before the game even begins.  Have back-up strategies.  Make good use of the terrain you are provided with.  Be prepared for everything.

Offline Brutal Moon

• "Junior" Member ?
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2003, 01:01:33 AM »
Extra scorpion, Extra banshee = 32pts

Farseer pistol+ccw = 2pts

6pts shy. Vectored engines, anyone?
Some dwarves offered me a drink, about 5 years ago. When I fell asleep, I couldn't grow a beard if I wanted to! Not so fortunate these days, it seems.