News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2500 pts list need critique redone  (Read 974 times)

Offline teddy

2500 pts list need critique redone
« on: August 8, 2010, 06:54:01 AM »
So awhile back i posted 2000 list and wanted to make it ,the most brutal list i can make to go up agaist my bro and cuz but yet be able to take on allcomers and tourneys.

so here i am again at 2500 list and they have chanlenge me to make it as brutal as i can ,at this point limit and to be honest i dont like this point limit but hey they ask for it so who am i to deny them  ;)

so on to my list :
mech/reserve list

hq. prince yriel
      eldrad
       10 warlocks ,2 emboldem 2 enhance , 1 destructer
       1 wape serpent , stones ,shuriken cannon  775 pts

troops

10 guardian shruriken  cannon
waveserpent stone B.lance 230 pts

5 dire avengers 60 pts

6 bikes two shuriken cannons  1 warlock emboldem 202 pts

4 bikes one cannon 1 warlock destructor ,singing spear 156 pts

elites
7 dragons  1 exach  dragon breath
wave serpent s.cannon, stones  255 pts

9 banshees 1 exach excutionner 
wave serpent M launcher and under S cannon  327 pts
heavy support

fire prism x2
stones holo fields 320 pts

falcon
stones ,holo fields ,scatter laser 175 pts

total 2500 pts

so what do you guys think  ?
i dont have any more tanks but the seven that i have can be anything i want and other then that i can field any other unit in the book besides wraith guard but hey this is mech so dont need them

im open to switching things around :) thanks again guys

ps just so you guys know the space wolfs list posted on the space marines forum is my bro list he use my accound and put it up so thats kinda what id be facing ,he took the advice from the forum guys over there and drop some rune priest and added some wolf guard and other changes

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:14:43 PM by teddy »

Offline csjarrat

• lock and load...
Re: Here again for some advice , 2500 pts list need critique
« Reply #1 on: August 9, 2010, 02:15:08 AM »
well, i'd say you could maybe get away without the star engines and vectored engine upgrades unless you're playing on something bigger than 6' x 4' board, would save you a few points that you can spend on turret upgrades..

Offline Kaiizen

• Best Painted Fire Warriors
« Reply #2 on: August 9, 2010, 03:15:06 AM »
I'm rather new to eldar, but in my experience with Tau I found that it was rarely worthwhile to mix roles in a single unit (unless you are capable of spliting fire). In the case of the Fire Dragons, the flamer seems a little out of place. These guys are great for killing heavy vehicles and heavy infantry, but the flamer is built around horde control.

Another consideration to take in is that by dropping a flamer template on a squad of... oh say 5 marines with various different models can lead to a lot of wound wrap abuse. Say you manage to wound 3 of them with your flamer and 5 with melta. Your opponent could potentially put 4 melta shots on 2 models, essentially wasting 2 of your ap 1 shots. In this way your flamer template can actually make those marines harder to kill. Instead of utterly destroying them you've only crippled them. And believe me with my experience with Tau this is actually a pretty common scenario that has led me to taking much more specialized units.

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #3 on: August 9, 2010, 03:25:03 AM »
The flamer is mostly there to keep Dragons on the job, I believe. With a large squad of Fire Dragons, sometimes your opponent will just try to tarpit them or overrun them with cheap units. One DB Flamer (with crack shot! Take it!) can free up the warriors to go deal with tanks. and, in the case of firing at an oddly-configured squad of 5 marines, you don't NEED to fire the flamer if you think the wound allocation is going to hurt you. 6 dragons getting 4 hits and over 3 wounds is going to be pretty dangerous regardless.

I hesitate to take Star Engines on a Wave Serpent. I feel like instead of star engines, sticking some scatter lasers on there might do a bit more. Your call, though.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2010, 03:39:35 AM by Blazinghand »
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline teddy

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 01:12:57 AM »
blazinghand : yeah you nailed it and the point of star engines is i useally have the fire dragons zooming around so they hardly use the wape serpent fire power and alot of the time i have them come in from reserve so they dont get tooking out to early .so i don't see the point in spending point on a gun i wont use

kaiizen: blazinghand pretty much sum it up for me  not saying what you said was wrong i agree but like ,its been said i just dont use my flamer in those times

but anyways besides that to you guys see any crucial changes i should be making? what do you guys think?

made some changes to the list took out all the upgrade and added a banshee squad to help with the combat ,when warlocks get tied down
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 04:11:39 PM by teddy »