News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Play test CWE vs DE  (Read 1309 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Play test CWE vs DE
« on: July 1, 2017, 10:35:50 PM »
CWE vs DE
about 1520 points.
Units sizes boss (exarchs)

CWE:
Jain Zar
2 x 10 Guardians with Shuriken Cannon
2 x 6 Banshee with executioner
6 x Shadow Spectres no upgrades
7 x Shinning Spears with Star lance
2 x 4 Dark Reapers no upgrades.
1 x Hemlock

DE:
1 x Archon, Blaster
1 x Drazhar
8 x incubi no upgrades all in a Raider with Shock prow.
2 x 5 man KWarriors with Blaster, mounted in Venoms with 2 Splinter Cannons
3 x 3 Reavers with Grav Talon
2 x 5 Scourges with max Splinter Cannons
1 x Razorwing, Disintergrator cannons and Splinter cannon.

DE deployed very aggressively, right on the line, didn't bother with cover as well, they were going first.
CWE castled up right in the corner.

T1: Peddle to the metal!
All the reavers + Raider advanced, they would easily be charging next turn.
Scourge1 drops down to shoot at the Spears, kills one.
Scourge2 drops near cover and shoots the GD1 Squad screening JZ. Kills 4
Venoms both move up and shoot the GD2 squad as the Reapers are just out of range. kills 5
Razorwing flies in and unloads everything on GD2, kills the HWP and1, leaving 1 behind which promptly runs away.

T1:CWE AKA the blood bath..
Seriously never seen an army crumble like this, Scourge1 shot off the table, Scourge 2, ripped to shred by Banshee's seriously exarch didn't even get to swing.
ShadowS flamed reavers.
the Guardian, JZ+banshees, Spears, Catapult fire, ripped into the two squads of reavers, cleaning all but 1 off the board, the final one got slapped by the banshees.
Spears +  Hemlock zapped the Raider
Finally JZ + spears charge the Raider surrounding it poof gone, including all contents!

Basically 2 venoms and Flier left on the table.. by the end of T2 it was just the flier, so yeah called it.

Shadows did not get to do too much, but flaming is really brutal, 30 auto hits.... Their other shooting type only got a few shots off, it fizzled out quickly.

May have another game and see what happens when they are not so aggressive.

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Play test CWE vs DE
« Reply #1 on: July 1, 2017, 11:45:48 PM »
Wow Magenb!
That's the quickest batrep I've ever read. I guess that's one way of play testing, throw everything out there and see what survives. Your next game will be very interesting indeed... Be well!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: July 2, 2017, 03:50:09 AM »
Yeah ran it again, but DE crumbled, their armour saves for the units I took were just too brittle. While Splinter fire is really raining down the lack of AP, just means a lot of it bounces off.

8 Incubi, with Drazhar, is reeeaallly good, smashed 6 spears in 1 turn... but when you add up Drazhar point cost, plus transport, it is a big chunk of your army. \

Shadow Spectres are awesome if you can the flamer shot off, the alternate fire is just so-so but handy to have.

Banshee's with JZ against T3 is very good, but they really didn't need JZ in this game as they charged Incubi.

Grenades are handy, especially with split fire, don't forget to use them :)

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #3 on: July 2, 2017, 03:59:30 AM »
Cool bananas Magenb!
Have learned a lot from this. Thank you. So does this mean DE are skirts now or bad tactics/list building from your mate?

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: July 2, 2017, 06:50:07 AM »
Probably bad list and not the best tactics as we are mostly using models we have. They did a lot better in the second game played slightly differently.

Also as for list a raider heavy DE list reeaally gives DE some much needed toughness.

Scourges I think either need to be used at long range and in cover or kind of like FD as a surgical nuke, I didn't have anything that they could reliably nuke, so kind of a waste as anti-infantry.

I suspect if you let your opponent go first AND keep your units out of LOS, they will tear stuff to bits. It certainly helped keeping 2 squads back in the second game. Where as CWE can wear the alpha strike (so far) reasonably well and deliver a serious counter punch.

Either that or have something that can soak up some shots and still dish out the damage to keep focus on it. The RW can bring the pain, but it was not THAT hard to nock some teeth out, plus the single pivot is annoying.

The good news is the formula for a generalist CWE list seems to be holding up. I'm keeping an eye out for some nasty lists I might be able to copy to play against.