News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000pts necrons  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Fuegan

• Death to those who oppose us!
2000pts necrons
« on: July 26, 2002, 08:13:39 AM »
2000pts                                  NECRONS

HQ
Lord = SoL, destroyer body, phylactery, Gaze of Flame, resurrection orb
Nightbringer

Elites
10 flayed ones with disruption fields

Troops
10 necron warriors  
10 necron warriors
10 necron warriors

Fast Attack
3 wraiths
3 destoyers
6 scarab swarms

Heavy Support
Monolith
2 Tomb Spyder with particle projector

what do u think?
over the white cliffs of Dover there is a lovely beach 300 meters below which can be reached in 3.2 seconds.

Ulthwe Strike force   wins:7    draws:0    loss:1

Wood Elves             wins:7    draws:1     loss:4

Chaos                     win:1     draws:0     loss:3

Please visit my site at www.craftworld.s5.c om

Offline Tycho

• BEEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • My 40k Site (still lots to to be done)
Re:2000pts necrons
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 09:21:02 AM »
i think that it sounds really good   ;)
"The Machine is strong. We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed purity of metal. Only through permanence can we truly triumph, only through the Machine can we find victory. Punish the flesh. Iron in mind and body. Hail the Machine!"

Offline Greg

• Eldar
Re:2000pts necrons
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 09:35:16 AM »
tactic wise im not sure what your plan is, form what i can see this is what i reccon. The Ressurection Orb, Tomb Spiders and Monolith work together to make your army HARD. Flayed ones can pop up and attack enemies rear, tanks and heavy weapons. The Nightbringer will absorb the brust of the firepower, with any luck allowing the wraiths, scarabs and destroyers to move about freely. You do seem to lack firepower though, 3 destroyers are the only good mobile support, static firepower in warriors is ok, but a little short ranged. You look to be moving more towads an assault necron army that is resilient. The mass of warriros should stop phase out.

RESILIENCE:          10
FIREPOWER:            4
ASSUALT:                 6

Improvements:

The Lords looks to be trying to fufill too many roles, either use him to augment necrons or as a lead assault unit.  Nightbrignger, fine. Flayed ones ok. Warriors, enough. Wraiths, in the open they are too vunerale to shooting, they have to be hidden by the warriors, who are slow moving, using 3 to protect your warriors from assault is better than leading the assualt. 3 Destroyers can be killed VERY easly, once they are they cannot come back, i would reccomend you take more of these MINIMUM of 5 in a squad. Scarabs can protect your warriors or act as the lead assault units, whateva you do i would take 10, make it night impossible to kill them all, then you can hold up the enemy in assualt. Monolith, personally i do not think it is worth the points, it is too risky getting killed, and 235 point to fire a demolisher cannon some of the time, NO! In a game you will not make back the points value of this unit back either by shooting or re-phasing units from it. Take at your own perel. Tomb Spiders, hmm, still unsure about these little babys but as a ruke of thum spending the points on a staff of light on a unit with BS 2. Not really sensable.

The most nasty necron tactic I have seen are 10 Immortals, Lord, Veil of Darkness and Ressurection Orb. Impossible to assault, kill and so much firepower. With a tomb spider nearby, and another sqaud of immortals behind some warriors, even if you kill the entire squad, UNLIKLY. Then you can still use we'll be back! Then teleport out of the way.