News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Craftworld Eldar/Harlequin Armies. Good option or bad when fighting Space Marine  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Thinbalion

???Would an army of Biel-Tan with Harlequins as elite choices be any good against Space Marines? If so what Harlequin units would best suited for fighting Space Marines in this situation? ???
« Last Edit: February 4, 2002, 09:38:13 PM by Thinbalion »

Offline dark_wind

• It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm
if handled right definitely!! i would say a solaitaire would be the best choice because he is fast and kills in close combat...if armed with powerblades, a cc weapon and pistol, and makes an assault from six inches away he can get eight attacks!!
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...'skip a bit Brother...'"

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!
                      http://project86.com/

Aulan Cnesha

only eight?  no.  He has a base of 4 attacks, not 0, my friend.  If he has powerblades and 2 CCW, he can get up to 12 attacks.  And the codex does not say that the powerblades/kiss combo is illegal but it does say rive blades/powerblades is.  Plus CJ44 mentions a solitaire wounding on 2+ ignoring armor saves, although Ramus says he was misquoted.

Offline Thinbalion

Hold it the Solitaire can only get up to +6 attacks. It clearly says so in the codex: "Rather than adding +1 Attack for charging inot an assault, a Solitaire gains +1 Attack for each inch of unused charge distance up to a maximum of +6."

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
4base
+2 for blades and such
charge
12 attacks
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline Thinbalion

Sorry, forgot about that. That is why i am just a Newbie.

Eiglepulper

Use Solitaire armed with Harlequin's Kiss, shuriken pistol with bio-explosive ammo and powerblades.  Shooting phase good fun with exploding Marines
then assault phase from six inches gives twelve attacks, hiiting on threes and wounding on twos with no armour save!  Tactical squad? What Tactical squad!

Offline Okoskinen

• Yep. I'm a walrus. Behold the power of Perkele!
Unlessss....

You certain your "friend" the SM pervert enjoys Harlequins spanking him and handing him his ass reddened and sore from all the beating?

That is, does your friend approve the use of harlies.
Invincible.

Offline Karandras

• See this, this is my BOOM-stick
would it be legal to take just 1 solitare and no other harlie models to support your eldar army?
I Wished I Lived In Theory, because Everything Works In Theory

Aulan Cnesha

yes, and it would probably be the fluffiest choice, also.  Solitaires are the ones that pick eldar to be harlequins, while any other unit(s) would be unfluffy unless a great harlequin was one of them.

Offline Karandras

• See this, this is my BOOM-stick
heheh good, my m8's greater deamon will never know what hit him :)
I Wished I Lived In Theory, because Everything Works In Theory

Aulan Cnesha

Biel-Tan and harlequins is very beardy.  and Evil...  Muhahahaaha.  I will one day try testing out the ultimate cheez army.  Biel Tan with lots of HB/SS and Dark Reapers, 2 Harlequin Wraithlords, a solitaire, and 3 wraithlords.

Offline Solitaire

• I am the only ture SOLITAIRE. Eat my shorts!!
well. I only use a Soli, when the army i an playing is low on invuner able saves, and ALWAYS ask if the kiss and blade combo is legal with your oppent. If he says no he is roight, if he says yes use it to you advantage!!
When it is One on One you will surely run or i will come and skin you