News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Bored at work...  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Cabeza_Gigante

• Later Days=Better Lays
Bored at work...
« on: January 27, 2002, 02:51:48 AM »
...so I wrote up this 2000 pt biel tan army just on GP here it goes...
HQ Farseer/guide/ccw/shuripistol -72
TROOPS -10 scorpions/exarch/stealth -192
             -10 scorps as above -192
      -10 banshees/exarch/acrobatic/executioner
-wave serpent/Star Engines/StarCannons -329
      -10 banshees as above -329
ELITES -15 Guardians/Starcannon/Warlock/Conceal -203
        -15 Guardians as above
HEAVY SUPPORT - WraithLord/Bright Lance -120
                        -WraithLord -As Above -120
   -5 Dark Reapers/Exarch/Fast Shot -223
This Is Probably what I'm going to try and Collect up to, If anyone has any Ideas that I Might Have missed please by all means tell me what I am missing in this force, the only armies that I will be playing regularly are Dark Eldar and Tau so any ideas are much appreciated. later

Offline Khal Ynnoth

• Death before Dis-honour
  • Armies: Eldar - Saim Hann, Space Marines - Storm Crows
Re:Bored at work...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2002, 07:52:13 AM »
Swap one of the Banshee squads for a Fire Dragon Squad, you only have two Brightlances - the sum total of your serious Tankbusting firepower, I think you may have trouble with Tank otherwise.
Maybe I should change my sig, to I love Dragons :D

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.
Their cause is ours, this blood seals our fates forever!"
 - Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi

Offline Cabeza_Gigante

• Later Days=Better Lays
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2002, 10:37:28 AM »
(warning: extremely disjointed tired thought process ;))I just had a little Idea about 10 minutes ago,  what if I take one of the guardian squads out completely, up the other one to 20, drop the heavy weapon out of it, make the dark reapers all normal(no exarch), put the scorps in wave serpents with bright lances, no star engines for any of the wave serpents, give the farseer fortune instead of guide, and have the farseer walk behind the guardians, fortuning them the whole way. oh well I'll type it up right here just on GP:
revised 2000 pt army:
HQ - 1 farseer/fortune/ccw/sp
TROOPS-10 Scorps/exarch/Serpent/Bright Lance -297
             10 scorps as above -297
  10 Banshees/Exarch/Acrobatic/Executioner
     -Wave Serpent/StarCannon -314
  10 Banshees as above -314
ELITES - 20 GuardianDefenders/Warlock/Conceal/ccw/sp 193
HEAVYSUPPORT-Wraithlord/BrightLance -120
                       -Wraithlord/BrightLance-120
                   -5 DarkReapers -185
Grand Total -1902
I've Got 92 points left to play with, any Ideas would be much appreciated, also any tactical advice Is always helpful. The army that I'll play most will be Dark Eldar, I probably won't even see Space Marines- also on another note, I can't find the stats for the witchblade anywhere in the Eldar Codex, Am I blind, Is the military putting some crazy hallucinogen in my food(I only wish is were so ;D, ahh the good old days, before random drugtests :'()or is it not in there...well this took a lot longer than expected, Much love and Respect to all the Jungle headz out there. late

Offline Lord Calamir

• Member of the Council of Ulthwe
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 03:01:48 PM »
Well, since you have enough points left, I say put the reaper exarch back in. Those two plasma blasts can do wonders against masses of light infantry.
All hail Eldrad, for he shall safely guide us through the darkness until a new morning dawns.