News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Help me bring the CHEEZE!!!  (Read 4122 times)

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
Help me bring the CHEEZE!!!
« on: January 24, 2002, 10:45:20 AM »
I have a game upcoming with a friend and his Iron Warriors. He just won a tourney with his stank-nasty force which features about 30 HEAVY WEAPONS SHOTS PER ROUND! (Vet squads can have two Heavys per unit)

So what do I bring against something like that?

Keep in mind that vets can infiltrate, too, so they may be in assault range w/ FoF right off the bat. Also, his vet. units will be small to take advantage of all his slots, and get more HW's on the board. He'll also have 2 squads of obliterators and a squad of khorne berzerkers...

I say get on him Quick, in HTH.

I could also put something together where every unit gets an invulnerable save, which could make it interesting...

Any ideas? There are no brakes on the train, this time... ;D

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

FarseerofFate

Re:Help me bring the CHEEZE!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 10:52:07 AM »
the invulnerable save sounds good,although i have another idea, there isnt anything better than reapers reapers reapers, with 48 inch range infiltrate or not you can pump st5 ap3 shoots into them like theres no tommorrow, and if you put in some warwalkers(im assuming its all infantry no tanks just vets) put three warwalkers with starcannons thats18 st6 ap2 shoots into there lines to thin them out, put those together with some banshees to take care of any close combat troops he has and youll have yourself on hell of a khorne barbeque

Offline dark_wind

• It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 03:52:58 PM »
yes..Farseer of Fate is right..maybe play with the Biel-Tan list and get four or five squads of reapers!!! also maybe a fire prism...just maybe...this might be one instance where it may be useful
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...'skip a bit Brother...'"

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!
                      http://project86.com/

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2002, 04:19:59 PM »
This just in: My pal won a tourney last weekend with this army, losing, all day, a total of NINE MODELS!

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline Salamando

• Jesus H Christ
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2002, 05:23:25 PM »
I would say Swooping hawks. Get a squad of about 10 of them and deep strike behind a few of his squads and rush up with gaurdians and trap him off. Well it sounds like a good plan on paper.
Some people may laugh at you and call you crazy, but when you're pointing a gun at them you decide who's crazy.

Offline Khal Ynnoth

• Death before Dis-honour
  • Armies: Eldar - Saim Hann, Space Marines - Storm Crows
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2002, 01:36:11 PM »
How big?
One really cheesy suggestion I've had from a friend
vanilla army list
Farseer Fortune
3x10 man Scorps Squads
6x10 man Guardian Defender Squads
3xWraithlords

you might like to have a second farseer instead of the Avatar, but basically, march the scorps in front of the Guardians with Farseer Fortuning Scorps maybe use Ulthwe list to get more Farseers with Fortune running around.
I'm not going to use it, but I think it could kick ass.

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.
Their cause is ours, this blood seals our fates forever!"
 - Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi

FarseerOfFate

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2002, 02:46:29 PM »
alright the only other way i can think of to level that many peps is farseers and guardians... simple imperail guard manuver, shower them and keep challengeing there saves, dont take anything that would appeal to those 30 heavy weapons, just take cannon foder and spray the battlefeild with rerolled shoots of st4 ap5.  if you are playing a 100 pt army i would say get about 80 guardians and a couple of farseers with warlocks to conceal and just watch as you roll 160 shoots, 120 hits, 60 wound, 20 die... so thats a squad a turn right and he will be killing off guardians and you will not care since you will fill the board with them...

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2002, 02:52:05 PM »
The game will be 2000 points, next Monday or Wednesday.
It's gonna be bloooody, that's for sure...

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. :)

`Boss!
                                    T. Roosevelt

the_mighty_brain

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2002, 06:41:21 AM »
That sounds like a cool Chaos marine army. I am tempted to do something very similar, but I have to wait until Summer -good lord noooo!

Offline PsykerLord

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2002, 12:38:57 PM »
If you want cheese, here are a couple of things:
-Use 3 Wraithlords
-Take two farseers with warlocks, put all on jetbikes, use fortune on these.  Make sure to equip them good w/witchblades and pistols.

You can't play Ulthwe if you do this, because Ulthwe farseers can't ride jetbikes.  Most people may point this out, but it never says anywhere that farseers from other craftworlds can't do this.

Hope this is cheesy enough.
-PsykerLord

Cheantoa

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2002, 08:20:31 PM »
hmmm... supossedly us eldar are the cheese lords... something I have yet to really see though... other than my old iyanden idea... anyway. reapers, tick. fire prism... maybe. Farsseers with warlocks on bikes, tick. Starcannons, tick. (smalll defender units with big starcannons yay), scorps, tick. dead marines, tick...

Offline Blackfel

• War triumphs when reason fails
    • Nene Thomas Illustrations
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2002, 04:43:05 AM »
Here's my recommendation.  It is a Biel-Tan army that comes to exactly 2000 points.

HQ:  Avatar (80 Points)
Farseer with Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Fortune, Guide, Witchblade, Shuriken Pistol (151 Points)

Troops:  Four (4) Five-man Squads of Dark Reapers with the following upgrades; Exarch w/Missile Launcher, Fast Shot (233 points each squad)

10 Howling Banshees w/Exarch, Executioner, Acrobatic (189 Points)

Elites:  18-Man Guardian Storm Squad w/Warlock, Conceal, Witchblade, 2 Fusion Guns (198 Points)

Heavy Support:  Three (3) Support Weapon Batteries w/3 D-Cannons each (150 Points per Battery)

Here's the plan.  Set your forces up as far back as you can...as close to one corner as you can get.  The furthest squads should be the Dark Reapers.  In front of them should be the Howling Banshees.  In front of the banshees should be the Avatar.  In front of the Avatar should be the Storm Guardians w/Conceal.  Hidden away from view should be the D-Cannon Batteries.  Put them inside buildings that don't have windows if possible, or behind hills or mountains, but keep them close to the rest of the army.  

I call this the Citadel Defense.  If you defend one corner of the board with everything you have, a lot of your opponents will start the game out of range of their weapons...even heavy weapons.  Kill everything that comes close, starting with Infiltrators.  Keep the Farseer with both the Dark Reapers and the Support Guns to give them Fortune and Guide.  

The Storm Guardians are there simply to provide a living shield for your entire army.  Spread them out in a single line covering your entire army.  Keep the Avatar and the Howling Banshees close, so if your enemy DOES manage to charge through the Reapers AND the Support Guns and make it into hand-to-hand with the Storm Guardians, they won't break (the Avatar is Inspiring) and the Banshees can counter-charge in the following round.  

Even if the enemy infiltrates, he doesn't have Fleet of Foot and can't make up the 18" range that he has to set up outside.  

This army is fragile.  Protect your Reapers by keeping them off of the high ground.  Make the Guardians soak up his fire.

That's my recommendation.  Cheesy as all get-out, but it works.  Trust me!

Blackfel
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight — it's the size of the fight in the dog.

— President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2002, 03:39:28 PM »
play iyandine
3wlords
3harlie wlords
15 reapers
muahahahahaah
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

maendris

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2002, 04:00:00 PM »
In principle, I agree with Pikachu. A Biel-Tan list with the following:

HQ: 2 Farseers w/ WB, SP, Fortune

ELITES: 3 Harlie Wraithlords w/ D-Cannons

TROOPS: 30 Dark Reapers

HEAVY SUPPORT: 3 Wraithlords w/ Starcannons

If I'm correct, that comes out to 1999 points. IMHO, one of the cheesiest lists ever!  ;)  (Of course, getting the models will be another matter entirely...Oh Well.)

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2002, 06:12:10 PM »
If you want to bring the REAL cheese you go for the  superbeardy FarseerwFortune/SpiritseerwEnhance/Scorpion/waveserpent combo which is the cheesiest combo around. Saves that would make a Terminator weep, WS5 and I6.

Cheese can be countered by superior tactics.
If your not creative enough to come up with superior tactics cheese is best outclassed by cheesier than cheese.
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline CyKo

• Me and my friend..the Harlequin Kiss...
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2002, 01:38:04 AM »
you know, it's people like that who give us Eldar players a bad name

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2002, 08:10:03 AM »
Which is why I wouldn't field such a unit even if you paid me(less than 200$ anyway)
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++