News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Surprise!  (Read 5737 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Surprise!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2019, 04:58:53 PM »
Finally a new model for Jain Zar and she gets an anti-horde mechanic, but seems to lose disarming strike, hopefully its not gone but just optional when to use it.
Phoenix (Lord) Rising? - Warhammer Community

Here is hoping for an invul save and making her points worth while.

on the picky side, the Hair position doesn't fit the movement direction.. maybe she's got medusa skills now.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2019, 06:47:48 PM »
It's really nice to have her in plastic, beautiful too. However, I have always loved my metal one so it will be difficult to give her up. Especially if what I think the price tag is is right.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2019, 08:59:01 PM »
Jain Zar looks wonderful!!! 8) 8) 8)

You know, it'd be awesome if all these models came in a box set!

Which happens to be the rumor going about.
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2019, 10:08:15 PM »
It's really nice to have her in plastic, beautiful too. However, I have always loved my metal one so it will be difficult to give her up. Especially if what I think the price tag is is right.

Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about the pricing for all of this as well, I would be amazed if they stay the same price. Best guess would be the same price as the spiritseer,  (75% pricing increase).

This also makes things interesting for the price of the new box set, given to buy a full squad is already more than a squad of reivers or intercessors, but I'm bracing for them to go upto around Dok Khinerai box pricing (~23% increase).

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2019, 10:45:08 PM »
It's just getting harder and harder to buy. I'm glad I started painting for models again. So as these new beauties come out, I have a way to get them.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 11:18:34 AM »
Am I the only one worried about the rules bloat?

I still have not fully accepted the command points (CP) system as a good thing, cards that give you rules should stay at MTG IMHO.
Feels more like GW is trying to get balance by not letting anyone have the time to analyse all the different rules they throw out, and use that the "galaxy is always in motion" and "Forge the narrative" and other bunkum as an excuse.

Even resorting to dripfeeding us rules and models.

While it is a good thing GW gives the Eldar some love for a change, it's definitely not the love I'm looking for. It's still just a build up for their featured next Spejs mareene to come and rape us. Rumours say Fulgrim is the next rapist.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 02:08:57 PM »

Yes. Now move on.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 07:25:37 PM »

I still have not fully accepted the command points (CP) system as a good thing, cards that give you rules should stay at MTG IMHO.
Feels more like GW is trying to get balance by not letting anyone have the time to analyse all the different rules they throw out, and use that the "galaxy is always in motion" and "Forge the narrative" and other bunkum as an excuse.

Nope not the only one to feel that way.

I think they missed a really big change with the indexes, they could have taken some time to fix up the units roles/abilities/points and core rules (like T1 deep striking) then. CP was really just a minor thing that came in handy, it wasn't doing anything overpowering. I think we would have had a much better game.

So when do you think we'll see the models released? November or do you think it will be a Christmas run?

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2019, 05:36:35 PM »
Elfs at Christmas? nah, I think GW will have something imperial as usual.
Banshees might come closer to halloween.

CP is no worse than WC, having a couple of counters or use scrap paper is not the worst, it's all the plethora of rules (or rather exceptions from general rules)  that makes them bad.
When GW introduced the "agents of Vect" DE ability they sent WH40k into MTG domain distinctively.
I even foretold this, when I first heard of CP.

BTW LOL@the acronyms CP & WC (Cerebral Pares, Water closet)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2019, 11:55:23 PM »
Has anyone watched the psychic awakening video yet? Holy cow, a shadowseer. Phoenix falling, crap, sorry for the spoiler. I've never been much for the story telling in all the years I've played but this one has my attention.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #30 on: October 1, 2019, 03:36:58 AM »
I've seen it, and if I add 2+2 and make some guesses Drazhar will kill Jain Zar, but Jain Zar will be reborn through Ynnead and defeat Drazhar and locking his soul into a weapon.

A side effect could be Karandras Rising up to be a true phoenix lord since Arhra is now gone.

Cegorach of course having a good laugh at it.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #31 on: October 1, 2019, 08:52:13 PM »
I've seen it, and if I add 2+2 and make some guesses Drazhar will kill Jain Zar, but Jain Zar will be reborn through Ynnead and defeat Drazhar and locking his soul into a weapon.

A side effect could be Karandras Rising up to be a true phoenix lord since Arhra is now gone.

Cegorach of course having a good laugh at it.

Given how willing GW has been to take a flamer to CWE lore to make Ynnari work, I suspect JZ is going to fly under the Ynnari banner soon, as an FU to Khaine, rather than "killing" her.

You can't kill a Phoenix Lord in any normal sense. When the armour becomes inactive, it will suck in another Eldar soul to power it back up again, but it retains the original PL soul/personality/memories. I don't think they would mess with that process.

That said if they do go for that option, it would have really big implications to the whole PL end times prophecies, which CWE is to some extent founded on. Which would be like using a D-scythe to the lore instead of a flamer lol.

My guess is it is a reference to Arha being the fallen PL and continues to exists as Drazhar being confirmed rather than implied. There is room in the lore, that Arha could have actually been killed and Drazhar being another Eldar which took over the armour while it was in the exarch stage, with Drazhar soul becoming the dominant one.

You could than have a relationship form between JZ and Arha, which would then explain why she apparently hates Drazhar more than Karandras lol.

Offline xiophen422

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #32 on: October 2, 2019, 09:13:12 PM »
Elfs at Christmas? nah, I think GW will have something imperial as usual.
Banshees might come closer to halloween.

CP is no worse than WC, having a couple of counters or use scrap paper is not the worst, it's all the plethora of rules (or rather exceptions from general rules)  that makes them bad.
When GW introduced the "agents of Vect" DE ability they sent WH40k into MTG domain distinctively.
I even foretold this, when I first heard of CP.

BTW LOL@the acronyms CP & WC (Cerebral Pares, Water closet)

Gw said drazhir is being released  in  Oct.  At the end of the article

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #33 on: October 6, 2019, 01:28:44 PM »
Coming Next Week ? Aeldari, Psychic Awakening and More! - Warhammer Community

Ladies and Gentlemen, prepare yourselves!!! ;D ;D ;D Psychic Awakening has officially begun!!!

« Last Edit: October 6, 2019, 01:31:44 PM by Myen'Tal »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #34 on: October 6, 2019, 02:19:57 PM »
In minion voice "Ah, so pretty". Now I dunno. I have like 20 falcon chassis vehicles, 8 vypers, 20 incubi, 70 hellions, 30 reavers, 20 scourges and 6 venoms. Just can't see the need for anything buy I really want it.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #35 on: October 6, 2019, 04:34:51 PM »
The Howling Banshees are the most reminiscent yet of Jes Goodwin's original 1990 design, which pleases me greatly.  The fact that they are made from plastic is even better news for Eldar players in my opinion.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #36 on: October 6, 2019, 04:37:02 PM »
The Howling Banshees are the most reminiscent yet of Jes Goodwin's original 1990 design, which pleases me greatly.  Are they plastic?  I assume so, given that they are part of the boxed set.  If they are, this is even better news for Eldar players in my opinion.

Hey Irisado. Yes, all of the new models are coming in plastic, which is indeed good news!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #37 on: October 6, 2019, 05:35:54 PM »
I altered my post while you were replying, as I checked the link again and saw that I had overlooked that they were in plastic.  Thanks for confirming anyway though :).  Either way, here's hoping that more Aspect Warriors receive the same treatment, as GW's plastic kits are very much their strength these days.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #38 on: October 6, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »
I'm excited that we're going to get "successor chapter tactics" type rules for the craftworlds. Also Exarch powers for each aspect and new psychic powers. Definitely grabbing the book.

I like that they're cramming the Falcons and Vypers they have laying around in to this. No one is buying that junk.

Offline Farseer_Tassadar

• Feel the wrath of the Craftworld Mi'Tyne
« Reply #39 on: October 7, 2019, 05:03:23 PM »
I love that Aspects are starting to be produced in plastic.

This "add-on" supplement looks very interesting. I love the idea of Exarch Powers, it  goes back to when you had to choose a power for your Exarch. Having Craftworld Attributes will help me play my Mi'Tyne Craftworld the way I want. The new Runes of Fortune just gives us options in the psychic phase.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2019, 05:06:00 PM by Farseer_Tassadar »